Status: Updates are gonna be slow for a while, sorry :/

Second Chances, Bad Habits

Happiness Is Priceless

I woke up to Ash kissing my stomach, his legs either side of mine, while his hands were stroking my baby bump.

“Hey baby.” Ash smiled, lifting his head up after realising I was awake.

“Sorry I woke you.” He smiled even more, pressing his lips against mine. Smiling into the kiss, I wrapped my arms around his neck. I love my life right now, I had everything I’d ever wanted.

“Babe what time is it?” I whispered against his lips.

“It’s 10:30, what time’s the doctor’s appointment?” Ash mumbled against my skin, as he continued to kiss down my neck. I smiled as the vibrations flowed through my body.

“11!” As soon as the words passed my lips, we both shot from the bed, much like that day when A Day For Rain had the meeting with the record company. We were throwing clothes and other random stuff at each other, while running between the bathroom and the bedroom. Luckily it was a reasonabley nice hotel we were in, so they had a fancy mirror with lights and such.

We were ready to go in literally 5 minutes, world record? I think so. Ash sent a text to Jon and Andy, while I sent one to Austin, telling them where we would be, as we did our best to run and type to the taxi that was picking us up in 2 minutes.

“To the hospital please.” Ash called, as we slid into the back seat, slamming the car door behind us. Ash was holding my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles, something he does when he’s nervous, but doesn’t want to admit it.

“Ash, breathe, it’s just a check up ok?” I smiled at him, squeezing his hand in reassurance.

“I’m just worried about if the drugs did anything.” He mumbled, in an attempt for the cabbie to not hear us. My face fell slightly at the memory, even more so at the fact it still ran through his mind. I sat back slightly, not wanting Ash to know that his words had hurt, and remained quiet until we got to the hospital, ignoring the glances he gave me.

**************

We’d been sent into the same room as before, and luckily had Dr. Bradley-Wood again. At least I wouldn’t have to put up with new judgemental eyes. Neither me or Ash had said a word to each other since the talk in the taxi.

Ash opened his mouth to say something, but was quickly cut off by a nurse swooping into the room, quickly silencing what ever Ash was about to say.

“Good morning, I’m the nurse that will be doing your scan, Dr. Bradley-Wood will be in with your results once we’ve done here, ok?” She smiled at me, she seemed pretty nice, but I was still hyperventilating a little from her being a stranger, and even though we’d been quiet, Ash was still holding my hand, and kissed it when he saw the panic on my face.

“Alright, Deli, if you could just lay back, I’m going to put this gel on your stomach, it’ll be pretty cold at first, but you should be ok in a couple of seconds.” She smiled again, gesturing for me to lay back. Ash still holding my hand, she lifted my top up over my little baby bump, and the extremely cold gel on my stomach. Ash chuckled when I gasped at the coldness.

“Shh you.” I glared him, but he still chuckled, putting a small kiss on my forehead.

The nurse put the machine on, and ran the thing over my stomach, I had no idea what it was called, but it looked cool either way. We couldn’t see the screen, so both Ash and I were staring expectantly at her.

“You’re expecting a little boy right? Just the one?” She frowned, quickly flicking through my chart to make sure, as we both nodded, confused by her sudden change in expression.

“Yeah, Oscar, why is something wrong?” Ash quickly questionned, panic rising in his voice.

“One second, I’ll just get the Doctor to have a look.” And she quickly rushed from the room.

“Ashley what’s going on? We haven’t lost him? Please tell me we haven’t lost him?” I blurted, fear swelling up in my chest at the thought of losing Oscar too.

“I don’t know baby, I can’t say.” He shook his head, just as the nurse returned with Dr. Wood.

“What’s happening?” My voice sounded hysterical, but when you’ve already lost on child, you’d be pretty darn scared too. The Doctor, ran the scope thing over my stomach, while his face turned from confusion to shock.

“Well, this is extremely unusual.” He smiled, before turning to face me and Ash.

“What’s unusual?” Ash said slowly, probably expecting the worst.

“Well little Oscar, is perfect healthy, but it seems that sometime soon after you lost your little girl, the egg split again. And well, you have another daughter.” He beamed down at us, we were both just stunned, too shocked to say anything. When we didn’t say anything, he turned the screen to us, placing the scope back on my belly.

“See this is Oscar, that’s his head, this is his heart, and that’s…well…his winky, and this over here, is the head of your baby girl, she’s perfectly healthy, you can see her heart there.” He turned back to us, I had tears of happiness streaming down my face, as I turned to Ash. Before I could utter a word, he pressed his lips hard against mine.

“We’ve got our baby back!” Ash shouted, a smile lighting up his face. He’d wanted a girl from the beginning, so now that he was getting one after all, I’m betting all his dreams just came true. I had laugh though when he started doing a little dance, hell even the Doctor and Nurse laughed.

“I just go print off the shot for you.” Dr. Wood said, leaving us alone in the room.

“Baby, calm down, you’re gonna hurt yourself.” I laughed as Ash started bouncing around the room.

“Fucking A, I can’t believe this, we’ve got a little girl! Wait, we need a name!” Ash froze mid-dance, looking at me in realisation.

“Well why don’t you name her?” I smiled, I’d never seen him this happy, hell I’d never been this happy, but I was kind of stuck with gel on me to do much.

“Really? You’re sure?” Ash beamed even more, if that was physically possible.

“Yeah, I mean I named Oscar, so you should name our little girl.” I smiled back him. He shot across the room, scrambling onto the bed with me, hugging me tightly while placing kissed all over my face, probably getting gel on his top.

“Thank you baby, you have no idea how happy you’ve made me.” He said, before placing the most loving kiss we’ve ever shared, on my lips.

“I love you Ashley Purdy.” I beamed back at my man.

“I love you too Delilah Silvings, and of course you two, Oscar and….Amy.” He smiled down at my bump, as he sat back on my legs.

“You should phone the guys!” I exclaimed, realising that now that we knew, everyone had to know.

“No, I wanna surprise them.” He smiled, still fixated on my bump. The look in his eye, gave me the hint that he had some of his weird plans again, but whatever, I wasn’t gonna be the one to burst his bubble, not today at least.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O Bet you didn't see that coming, who's happy that they got their baby girl back????

Haha Comment and Subscribe people!! BTW OSCAR AND AMY ARE NOW ON THE CHARACTERS PAGE!!!

P.S. Paula, you are an amazing best friend, I wouldn't rather put up with anyone else, I mean who else could be Queen of the Sea Monkeys and they're Banana Jelly Castle with me? :P I LOVE YOOOUUU!!!