Let's Set Ourselves Free

Nice Surprise

I was in deep concentration with the master piece that was in front of me, the room was silent. I chewed on my bottom lip wondering where my next move will take place; it was a very, very important one. I didn’t want to ruin the time and effort that I put into this master piece. I would say that sweat was forming on my brow but that would be taking it too far because it was rather cold where I sat at on the couch. I looked at Juliet who was watching me carefully; she shook her head and laughed.

“It’s just a burger Brendon, it doesn’t take that much to take a bite from it.” She teased and stuffed a fry in her mouth.

“Shhh,” I shushed and focused on my burger. “Do you know what I made this burger to turn out to look like?” I asked showing her my master piece.

She studied it for a moment or so, she shook her head side to side telling me she didn’t know. “It just looks like you were unsure of where to take your bites from.”

I stared at her in disbelief, but then again I’m sure she wasn’t all about Superheroes. “This looks exactly like Batman’s symbol.” I stated the obvious.

“No it doesn’t,” She said. “You took too much of a big bite here where there should be a smaller bite to make it even look like that Batman sign.” She pointed out causing a frown to form. “Just saying…” She mumbled and took a sip of her drink.

I watched her for a long moment and let the smile free from my lips; she quickly smiled back and leaned forward placing a soft kiss on my lips. I kissed her back softly and placed my food on the coffee table and brought her into a tight hug.

We both took the day off work, finally getting that day we both wanted. I knew she was still a bit concerned about me and the whole situation from yesterday, I was reassuring her every time she got that hurt or uncomfortable look on her face and I was also telling myself I was fine, everything was going to be good. But still I got that ache in my chest, I tried to ignore it.

Our lips still connected as I felt her climb onto my lap, my hands moved to her waist and brought her closer to me. Juliet’s fingers ran through the sides of my hair, I deepened the kiss as we both started to get into it; there was a knock just by my head. I pulled away a little and looked up to see the door, I looked back at Juliet.

“Maybe we should ignore it…” I whispered and kissed her again.

She giggled lightly and shook her head; she reached off to the side and opened the door. I watched her reaction turn from happy, to horrified and back to happy again. She quickly climbed over me and the arm of the couch throwing herself at whoever was at the door. I got up curiously and opened the door wider to see her dad and another woman, who I was guessing was her mother?

“Dad I can’t believe you’re here!” Juliet squealed and kissed her dad on the cheek.

“Where else would I be Gal?” He laughed and hugged his daughter tightly.

“Somewhere else obviously,”

Her dad shook his head and looked over her shoulder to me, giving me a small wave and smile. I returned the gestures and stepped aside allowing him and the unknown woman into our mansion of an apartment. When it was clear I closed the door and placed myself on the arm of the couch, the uncomfortable feeling had entered the room for me and that woman.

I watched as Juliet finally released herself from her dad and looked towards this woman, with her facial expression I knew either it was her mother or not, it wasn’t…. it was difficult to read. She looked back her dad with now a readable expression of pure confusion.

“Oh, where are my manners. As you know I’ve been residing in upstate California and that’s where I met this lovely lady. Barbara this is my amazing daughter Juliet.” He said proudly.

“Finally it’s a pleasure to meet you Juliet; I’ve heard so many things about you. You’re father is such a nice man, you’re lucky to have him as a father.” She said with a wide smile.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you as well, yeah I am lucky.” She said nervously and chuckled. Well at least it wasn’t her mother.

“And this over here is Juliet’s boyfriend, Brendon.” Her dad introduced.

She looked at me and smiled softly, “Nice to meet you.” She said kindly, keeping that wide smile on her face.

“Yeah,” Was all I could say, the uncomfortable feeling was taking full control of me.

Juliet looked over to me giving an odd look before returning her stare at Barbara; I knew that she didn’t like the idea of her dad getting a new girlfriend or whatever she might be.

I got up from my spot and shoved my hands into my pants pockets and looked between the two adults. “So, would you guys like anything to drink?” I asked trying to make it look like I wasn’t some damn idiot who only knew one word.

“I’m good at the moment, how about you honey?” Barbara asked, I noticed Juliet cringe at the sound of it.

“Nope, I’m pretty good myself. Now you two tell me how it’s been to live out on your own, hard isn’t it?” Her dad asked, I moved out of the way letting them take the couch as me and Juliet just pushed the coffee towards the T.V. and threw our food away before taking the seat on the coffee table.

“It’s been really awesome, I love it.” Juliet started, she was still sounding nervous and more uncomfortable than anything.

“And where do you two work at, same place as before?”

“Yes still at that awesome record store, which still very vintage…”

I looked at them as they looked back at me waiting for me to answer; yet again I was sitting there looking like an idiot. “OH, Um, yeah same place and doing more small gigs here and there.” I said quietly. I took a nervous breath and held onto Juliet’s hand that magical took hold of mine.

“Gigs, you don’t say.” Barbara said sounding impressed.

“Yes, that’s what I do. Sing and play for money and serve coffee to those who want it… yeah…” I mentally slapped myself; I couldn’t possibly look more like a dumbass than I already was. I heard Juliet laugh which made me blush a deep red, I looked down to the ground trying to recover.

“Dad, you should hear him play and sing he’s really, really good.” Juliet said excitedly.

“I wouldn’t mind hearing him, maybe I would. We’re staying here for a couple of days maybe he’ll get a gig or something.” Her dad replied, I looked up at him and watched the small smile grow on his lips.

The conversation carried on going from her work to how our relationship was going. The uncomfortable feeling that was there was slowly fading, I sort of expected that every time Juliet’s dad would come over I would be able to act my normal self, but I couldn’t. It was like in his eyes he wasn’t that into me because of how I stole his daughter in a way and it only grew more when he heard that Juliet was happy and that we were doing great, I knew he wanted me fail and didn’t think I was capable of supporting the girl I love the most, but he was sadly mistaken.

Juliet and I came to learn that her dad divorced her mother and Barbara knew everything there was to know about his past. She knew that Juliet came before anyone, and it was really clear. Juliet even found that her mother was trying to come in contact with her, I sort of thought that Juliet would be on the phone right now trying to reach her mother but she wasn’t, she was shockingly calm.

I thought that her aunt and uncle would give my number to her mother so she could easily contact her but obviously that didn’t happen.

Barbara was really nice and sweet, she didn’t seem like she was trying to steal Juliet’s father and be some kind of controling person. As for Juliet I knew that it had some getting used to, but she was trying her best at being sweet and caring, well basically herself.

They stayed for a while the once uncomfortable feeling was completely gone and I was now feeling myself and that being, I was in a cuddly mood and had my arms wrapped around Juliet’s waist, chin rested on her shoulder and giving her a kiss on a cheek every now and then. I noticed her dad was uncomfortable with this; I sort of wanted it to be like that. I didn’t want to be the uncomfortable one; I wanted him to be the one.

When they finally left Juliet give her dad a kiss on the cheek with a hug and give Barbara a hug, seeming okay with her now. As for me I shook both of their hands and send them a soft smile. I let out a deep breath and turned to the coffee table and brought it back to its rightful place. I took a seat on it and held my head up.

“Well that was a nice surprise huh, Bren?” Juliet said lightly, she placed her in front of me her hands resting on both of my knees.

“Very nice surprise,” I said with a smile.

“Barbara is a wonderful woman…” She started; it seemed that she didn’t know how to put her feelings in words.

“You don’t like her huh?”

“No, no, it’s not that. I like her, it’s just I’m use to my mother but not this new person. I just hope for the best.”

“You can tell he’s a lot happier than before,”

Juliet nodded slowly and looked into my eyes as a smirk grew on her lips. “I noticed,” She stated.

“Noticed what?”

“How you were turning the tables on my dad and making him all tense.” She laughed.

I laughed a little myself and shrugged my shoulders, “It’s just how I roll.” I leaned forward and pecked her lips a few times; I brought my hands to her neck and started to go back to where we left off. But of course everyone has to disturb us. My phone started to go off next to me on the coffee, I groaned and turned feeling Juliet’s lips on my neck and jaw line. I looked over the name never thinking they would actually call. I handed it over to Juliet, who looked confused.

She took the phone and pushed the talk button and brought it to her ear. I leaned back brushing my lips along her throat and slowly over the side of her neck, I bit down lightly causing her jump and breathe heavily but sudden fell short. I brought myself back and looked over her extremely pale face as she hung up the phone.

“Babe?” I asked and put my hand on her cheek looking to her eyes; she just looked like she witness a murder. Juliet just stared at me, she didn’t speak and only breathing slowly. She was really starting to freak me out. “Juliet, baby talk to me… what did they want?” I asked and moved my thumb over her cheek.

Juliet’s mouth was opening and closing she was trying to find the words but they obviously weren’t coming to her. She only wrapped he arms around my neck and buried her face in my neck; I decided not to push it and figured she would tell me when she was ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
what is that? yes it is an update, booyah.
HEY, do you like ryan ross? the classic look of him in 'a fever you cant sweat out' WELL, i got this new story called Stick Boy and Match Girl and having amazing readers i was wondering if youll check that crap out for and do youre little thing of making me happy by leaving comments and suchh.
yeah that would make my day way way better.
<3333 virtual hugs will be given.