Status: Active and brainstorming.

Daydreamer

Two.

He checks his Facebook after dinner, and there in his inbox is her reply, and he’s terrified to open it, really, knows what could happen, but he does it anyway, stupidly. Her response is, of course, in her esteemed fashion, harmless enough:

Oh, thank you for asking. :)
I’m all right, just a small case of the flu.
Notes would be helpful; my best friend keeps
forgetting to send them to me. Haha. :)


He is typing his reply with a smile when he sees she’s online, and IM’s her instead.

Seth Maddox: Hey, you feelin any better?

Thea Calamare: A little bit. Thank you for asking. :)

Seth Maddox: Yeah, no problem. Just sent you the notes, btw.

Thea Calamare: Great, thanks! Hopefully i’ll understand them. haha:)


Thea is amazingly fun to talk to, even over IM, and before Seth realizes it, his mom is yelling at him to get off the computer and into bed. He glances at the time; it’s almost 10:30. Crap, he thinks. He sighs, and reluctantly says goodbye to her, promising they’ll talk later. When his mom comes in to say goodnight, he is already under the covers, silently attempting to focus on his book.

“Hey sweetie.”

Seth dog-ears the page he is on, “Oh hey mom.”

She comes in, sitting on the edge of his bed. She’ll do this once in a while, come in to talk for just a little while, no reason in particular, and Seth is never annoyed or frustrated with her; she’s a great mom, and he loves her.

“So how’s life? How is Nicole doing?”

He cracks his knuckles nervously, “Great, yeah things are great. Nicole’s great, yeah.”

“Really?” his mom mused, “What has she been up to?”

“Oh you know, just...swimming. Normal stuff,” he laughs uncomfortably. He doesn’t know how Nicole is or what she’s doing, they’ve barely spoken days.
“And you guys aren’t going....you know, that way?”

He groans, “Mom, no, ew. We’ve talked about this. We’re going to wait, seriously, for a long time. You know I made you guys a promise.”

She laughs apologetically, “Sorry, sweetie, I know. I’m just worried is all; you know how your father and I feel about that.”

“I know, Mom.”

She laughs again, and kisses him on the forehead gently, murmuring a goodnight. Seth sighs in relief at her exit, and relaxes into his pillows. Yeah, he knows how his parents feel about sex. Abstinence all the way; they’re good Christians. And they’ve had the talk with him, and Nicole’s gotten the talk too, and it was consented upon by everyone that abstinence was the best choice, and all that shit. Oh if only his mom knew, knew why he’d been washing his own sheets recently, why he’d been secretive. He was a little old for wet dreams, sure, but it was she. She drove him nuts, in and out of reality, and there wasn’t much he could do to stop the dreams. He’d imagined her, Thea, in his arms, innocent at first, but then she makes the first move and oh god, from there on it is sweet, fucking amazing ecstasy. And god does he want to feel her, touch her-really touch her. He wants to see her face when she screams out with passion, and feel the contours of her body as she shakes with pleasure. Sure, Seth was a good Christian, just like his parents. But he was also a fucking teenage boy, and dreaming about someone as beautiful as Thea seemed justified to Seth.

________________

They’ve spent the whole weekend talking: texting, IMing, talking on the phone, anything. Seth feels like an absolute dick. He was withdrawn the few times Nicole called him, and they’d barely spoken on Saturday at their swim meet. It’s not fair, he knows that; Nicole didn’t do anything to deserve this, and he knows that it is wrong. Sure, he and Thea hadn’t done anything thing, fuck, the most contact they’d had was a hug, but Seth knows what he is doing, knows what he wants, is just as bad. Thea makes him forget, though. She is soft and sweet, and sometimes far too nerdy for Seth to understand what exactly she is talking about, but he loves the conversations they’re having, loves how easy and light they are.

Now it’s Sunday night, and he is dying to see her tomorrow, can’t fucking wait, and Nicole calls and he can’t avoid her anymore, it’s just not right. He perks up his voice, and they have the first real fucking conversation they’ve had in days, and he can hear the solace within her. Seth likes to talk to Nicole, he really does. She is fun and easy to have a conversation with, and really, she is just a fantastic girl, but he’s a dick and he knows it. He’s playing her, and she is totally ignorant of it, and he does not want to hurt her. Honest. There’s just something missing. Talking to Nicole is like talking to Matt, except much faster and a tad higher pitched. But talking to Thea...he can’t figure it out. Thea makes him want to try things, new things; she makes him want to learn, and explore, and enjoy; she’s an adventure. Nicole, it just Nicole. Sweet and kind, but just Nicole. He knows this is not right, knows he should break it off, but he doesn’t have the heart to do it. He’s not a jerk.

He’s not.

Not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts/opinions/hate mail/con crit? Something?
:)

xoxo