Status: still writing more

Eskimo Kisses

The beginning of everything

"Taylor" he called loudly. I turned around to see Joe standing out in the snow. He motioned for me to come over to him. I ran over and stood on my tipsy toes. Joe was about 5 inches taller than me i hated being 5'5.
he chuckled "Taylor that's cheating."
i just smiled he shook his brown curls all full of snow now onto my head.
"hey that's not nice" i said giggling as i put my feet flat on the ground. "so what do you want to do this winter break?"
we walked over and sat down on the bench outside his house. "well" he said looking at me "honestly anything, as long as i get to spend time with this amazing girl right here."
he smiled at me and it made me blush. when i looked back up and his bright smile had turned very serious, sad face. i put my hands on his leg in a consoling way. "Joe whats the matter."
"i don't know how to tell you tay..." he said turning his head.
i turned his head back, his blue eyes were full of sadness "joey...please tell me whats wrong." he said nothing. "I'm going to just think the worst possible thing happened unless you tell me whats wrong." still he said nothing, i was beginning to get worried. "did you kill someones cat...did you find out your going to get held back...come on Joe. ok uh did you get some disease?" he raised his head. "did you...no...you couldn't have...did you get a girl pregnant?"
"no" he blurted out.
"then tell me what happened joey, i want to help, you know that."
he sighed and grabbed my hand.
"tay...you know how much you mean to me."
"mhmmm" was all i could say.
"well, I'm going to be going somewhere near the end of break and i dont know when i will be able to come back."
i took my hand away from his "what do you mean? where are you going?"
"my dad signed me up for the army."
"the army" i shouted. "but, how, what, can he even do that?"
"yes Taylor he can. i agreed to go a couple years ago when i barely knew you, now my time is up. I'm 18 and that's when my dad and i agreed i would join in the army."
i felt some tears fall down my face. this all had to be a dream, Joe can not leave me during my senior year.
"oh no Tay don't cry" he pleaded.
"to late" i softly said as more tears fell down by cold face.
he pulled me into a hug and i let the tears just fall down from my eyes. he stood me up.
"come on lets take you into my house and I'll make you hot coco."
i nodded my head ok and he lead me into his house. i knew where everything was in his house. i have been in here so many times, it would be weird not picturing Joe living here. i stopped thinking of that, i didn't want to risk crying again. Joe took off his coat and took mine too, to the closet. i went and sat down on his leather couch.
"be right back" he said as he disappeared into the kitchen.
then in walked his dad "why hello Taylor, you all excited for break?"
"yeah i am pretty excited." i said trying to hide the sadness in my voice.
"wheres Joe, i have something i want to tell you two."
"oh hes in the kitchen making hot coco."
"well ok, I'll be right back darling." and just like that he disappeared down the hall.
i turned back to the window and pushed back to the curtain. the snow had stopped. everything was nicely coated in a white blanket. i could faintly see the sun peeking out behind a cloud. the perfect snow was going to last long if the sun comes fully out. if only there was a way to keep the sun away for a little while longer. i sighed, if only i could keep Joe away from his dad long enough to convince him he cant join the army.
"hot cocos don't," Joe said happily as he walked in with two mugs on a tray. a couple steps behind him was his dad. Joe set the tray down, gave me my mug, and grabbed his and sad right next to me. i was kinda cold so i put my head on his shoulder. his dad gave me a smirk than rolled his eyes. he told us one time he thought we were dating. But we weren't, we were just super close friends.
"well as Taylor knows already, i have something i want to tell you two." Joe's dad said.
"well what do you want to tell us dad."
"do you remember that cabin over in Vermont we used to go to when you were younger?"
"yeah dad, what about it."
"well i have to sell it sometime soon, we really don't ever go there since your mom died, and with me getting older i have no used for it, but i would love for you and Taylor to go once."
Joe looked at me than back at his dad. "when did you think we should go."
"why don't you guys go for a week, go for winter break."
"that's so sweet" i said, i looked over to Joe "i would love to go up to a cabin in Vermont."
Joe smiled, then asked "well when would we go."
his dad kinda ducked his head in embarrassment.
"whats the matter" i said.
"well i kind of got permission from your mom Taylor and bought plane tickets for you two tomorrow at two."
Joe and i looked at each other. i shook my head yes and he opened his arms up "i guess we are going to Vermont." he announced as he gave me a big hug, and his dad laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
subscribe, look at my other stories, comment, rate :) thanks