Silent Beauty

Silent Beauty: Chapter Three

Chapter Three:
Ally’s POV:

After lunch all I could think about was Liam. I just couldn’t wrap my mind around why he was making an effort to be near me. Nobody has ever done that before. They just hear the gossip and decide it’s not worth hanging around with an emo mute freak.
I don’t mind that much though. It makes it easier to hide my secret. If somebody found out about my dad, it would horrible. People would look at me with pity and I don’t need their pity or sympathy. They might even make fun of me more for it, and that is something I definitely don’t need.
Liam probably just hasn’t heard much about me yet. By tomorrow he will just ignore me like everybody else or he will make fun of me. I tried to tell myself that I didn’t care, and it didn’t matter if he was just like everybody else, but for some reason it hurt to think that he would disregard me like the other students.
No. I don’t care. I am a loner and no boy is going to change that. I’ve spent the last 11 years building up walls around my heart and I’m not going to let some new kid break them down in a day. No. I won’t let him.
This is ridiculous. I’ve never thought about one person so much, and I need to stop. Even if I wanted to be friends with Liam, it would never work. I could never tell him about my father, and I could never hide the fact that I was beat if he were to see me without my hood. I almost always have bruises on my face, so I always use my hair and black hoodie as a shield.
Subconsciously, I pulled my hood tighter around my face as the final bell of the day rang. Luckily I didn’t have any more classes with Liam so I didn’t have to deal with him either trying to talk to me or rejecting me because he finally heard the rumors about me.
Most people think I am depressed for no reason and they think I cut myself, but that’s not true. I have never cut myself. Why should I try to feel more unnecessary pain? I am usually too hurt to even move after my father’s beatings. I don’t need more blood loss and hurt just so I can “feel better” although I’m not sure how cutting yourself could make you feel better.
Anyways, they can think whatever they want. It’s not like I’m going to correct them. They aren’t worth the time. They proved that as I walked out and they all gave me disgusted looks like I was no better than the dirt on the shoe. That’s what they think of me as, the dirt on their expensive designer shoes.
I sighed as I began the walk home. My dad will probably be angry that I left this morning without making him breakfast, but I just wanted to get out of the house before he found another reason to hit me. I will probably pay for it now though.
As I neared the house, I mentally braced myself for the abuse that I knew was coming when I walked through the door. I was scared, but I would never show it, so as I walked up the driveway leading to the house, I kept my face emotionless.
I barely glanced at the dead garden that was my mother’s pride and joy before she left. I let a few good memories of my mother and I planting flowers in the garden before I pushed the thoughts away and locked the memories away once again as I opened the door.
As I walked in, I let out a quiet sigh of relief when I saw my father sleeping or passed out on the couch in the living room. Looks like I dodged the bullet this time. I crept up the stair thinking about how lucky I was, but my thoughts were cut off when I heard thundering footsteps behind me.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Here it comes, and it’s not going to be pretty.
“YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST COME HOME LATE AND SNEAK PAST ME?!” He screamed and I could smell the alcohol on his breath which meant he would be extra rough. I wanted so badly to scream back saying that I was in fact not late and I had every reason to sneak past him, but I didn’t knowing the beating would just be worse if I did. So I just kept quiet.
“AND WHERE WERE YOU THIS MORNING? I HAD TO MAKE MY OWN DAMN BREAKFAST, AND NOW YOU’RE GOING TO PAY.” He finished with an evil smirk on my face, and I knew what was going to happen.
He roughly grabbed me by my hair and dragged me up the last two steps and into his bedroom. Then he ripped my clothes off of me, and had his fun punishing me for leaving this morning. When he was done, I was holding in tears and blood was streaming down my thighs, but I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of crying.
He zipped up his pants and grabbed a bottle of vodka from his dresser before speaking. “That should teach you to disobey me you bitch. Next time you better have my breakfast ready for me before you leave and you better be home on time from now on.” He said in an eerily calm but sinister voice.
As usual, I didn’t answer, and tonight that seemed to just aggravate him more. “ANSWER ME YOU LITTLE BITCH!” He screeched at me, but before I even had a chance to reply, not that I would have anyways, he pushed me onto the ground so I was laying on my stomach.
He took one last swig of the now empty vodka bottle before smashing it against the wall and advancing toward me with what was left of the bottle. Then he struck me across the back with the jagged edges of the remnants of the bottle.
It took all my will power not to scream out in agony as the sharp glass dug into my back. He did that repeatedly for about ten more minutes before he forcefully grabbed my arm and threw me into the hallway and slamming his door shut with a grunt.
I laid naked in the middle of the hallway on my side bleeding and bruised for a couple of minutes trying to get used to the pain in my back. After about 15 minutes I realized that it wasn’t going to get any better so I dragged myself into my room.
I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a shirt before painfully crawling into the bathroom. I shakily stood up and looked into the mirror. I had multiple bruises on my face and my back was a bloody mess with tiny glass shards sticking out of it.
I winced as I began pulling the glass out of the cuts. I couldn’t risk leaving them in there, but that didn’t make removing them any less painful or difficult. It took me a half an hour to get all the glass out before I could step into the warm shower.
The water stung my back but I endured it as I watched the blood-stained water swirl around the drain before disappearing. I let a few tears leak out now that I was alone but I wouldn’t let myself full out cry. I was too strong for that.
I spent a good hour in the shower, making sure I scrubbed all the blood from my body. Tomorrow was going to be hell. The lower part of my body was sore as well as my back. There was no doubt in my mind that I would be limping and in pain all day at school tomorrow.
Oh well… It’s not like anybody will notice. With that reassuring thought, I got dressed and slowly walked to my bed. I laid down on my stomach and it was only seconds before I was asleep.

Liam’s POV:
School for the rest of the day went by fast, and I was disappointed that my angel wasn’t in any more of my classes. That didn’t stop me from thinking about her though. I didn’t know what she looked like but I’m sure she’s gorgeous.
I couldn’t wait to see her beautiful face and hear her voice. I just wanted to kiss her and hug her and hold her safely in my arms. I wanted- My daydreaming was interrupted when somebody slapped the back of my head.
I whipped around and growled lowly at Ethan, but he just chuckled and walked out of class. Wait.. I guess that means school is over. I was so absorbed with thinking about my baby that I didn’t realize the bell rang. Oops.
I grabbed my stuff, and rushed out of the room and towards my locker. I reached my locker and scanned the halls looking for her when I spotted a person in a black sweatshirt towards the entrance. I shoved everything in my locker and ran towards the doors.
I was almost there when my sister stepped in front of me with a stern look on her face. Ethan was standing behind her like a faithful puppy following its owner. She basically did own him. Anyways I just tried to look around her but I couldn’t see my mate anywhere.
I focused in on my sister and glared. Ethan growled lowly at me and I understood now how he was so protective. I sighed and realized that it wasn’t really my sister’s fault. She didn’t know I was trying to catch up to my mate before she left
“Sorry. I was just looking for….” I stopped realizing that I didn’t even know her name. I mentally cursed myself for not getting it at lunch. My sister looked at me questionably waiting for me to finish my sentence. “somebody. I was looking for somebody, but now they are gone.” I finished with a sorrowful look.
My sister and Ethan shared a look before my sister stared at me with a determined look. “What is going on with you? First you don’t sit with us at lunch and sit by that girl, and now you are rushing out of school and glaring at me just because you were looking for somebody when I stepped in front of you.” She finished, and I could tell by the end she had figured it out because a look of understanding crossed her face.
Ethan had obviously figured it out too, because while my sister seemed to still be in shock, he questioned me. “She’s your mate, isn’t she?” After he asked they both looked at me awaiting my answer. I just nodded my head, still upset that I didn’t get to see her before she left.
I was still looking down so I was surprised when I felt my sister jump on me giving me a huge hug while squealing like a little girl. “Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I finally have a sister! Oh my gosh! We are going to be best friends! Oh my gosh!”
I laughed at her excitement while she removed herself from me and began jumping up and down while clapping her hands. If you couldn’t tell my sister was a little crazy. Ethan just chuckled and put his arm around her waist and beamed down at her.
They were the perfect couple. They rarely fought and were always happy. They have been together for 6 years. Like most werewolves Ethan discovered his mate soon after his first shift when we were 12.
My sister was probably so happy because my whole family has been waiting for me to find my mate for years. I was 18 and most people find their mates when they are much younger. That doesn’t matter now though. I have my mate, and she was worth the wait.