Silent Beauty

Silent Beauty: Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

Ally’s POV:

Just as I suspected, that morning it was hard to move, but I managed to get dressed and make my way down the stairs to make breakfast. I quickly made an omelet with bacon and toast like my father liked before rushing out of the house before he woke up.
I limped all the way to school making it there slowly. Right when I walked into the school the bell rang, and I rushed to class. I kept my head down and pulled my hood even tighter around my face than usual due to the fresh bruises.
When I made it to class, it was about half full, but I didn’t see Liam anywhere. Hopefully he decided to not come to today because surely he won’t make the mistake of talking to me again. I sighed sadly at the thought before shaking it away and walking to my seat.
I was used to the pointing and teasing by now so I just ignored it as I walked towards the back. My whole body was aching by the time I finally collapsed in my seat and the soreness from last night and then walking the mile to school was getting to me, and I was exhausted.
I didn’t even think before putting my head down on the desk and drifting off to sleep.
I woke up by somebody tapping my shoulder gently, but it didn’t register in my mind that this person was being tender and not rough. My chair screeched across the floor as I jumped up and took a few steps away from the person who woke me up before I realized that it was Liam.
A hurt expression flitted across his face, and I shot him an apologetic look but I doubt he could see it very well through my hood. He tried to compose his wounded look, but I could still see the pain in his eyes as he spoke.
“I-I-I’m sorry.” He stuttered before taking a deep breath and continuing while holding up my backpack. “I didn’t mean to scare you. I just wanted to make sure you knew class was over, and I also brought your bad from yesterday. You left it in here.”
I didn’t even realize I left my bag here yesterday. I totally forgot, but it’s not like it mattered anyways. There was nothing too important in there.
I shakily took a step towards him and grabbed my backpack from his hands. I was still a little unstable because of the whole scene, but for some reason I knew Liam wouldn’t hurt me.
When I grabbed the bag, my hand lightly brushed against Liam’s skin, and I felt shocks running up my arm and throughout my body. I jerked my hand away and looked up at Liam’s shocked and confused as to what was happening.
I could tell me saw it to and he started to give me a smile but then his expression darkened and I couldn’t figure out why. I looked at him confused until I realized that my hood had fallen slightly and Liam could probably see my face.
I noticed him staring at my cheek with a murderously angry face. I had no idea why he would be angry just because I had a few bruises. Quickly, I shoved the hood down as far as possible over my head and tried to run out of the room.
I made it to the door before I felt a large warm hand grab my arm, preventing me from leaving the classroom. Why is it that I always get stuck in here alone with Liam after class? I tried to free myself from his grasp, but it was hard when all I wanted to do was turn around and wrap my arms around him.
My efforts were useless as he was too strong for me. Surprisingly, his strong grip on my arm was gentle and it wasn’t hurting me at all.
I was wondering what he was doing, so I was shocked when he gently tugged me into his arms engulfing me in a bear hug. I began to struggle but I couldn’t fight the feelings that overwhelmed me when he wrapped his muscular arms around me and tucked his head into the crook of my neck.
I felt protected and… safe. I haven’t felt safe since my mother and Anthony left. Memories of them both and how they abandoned me brought tears to my eyes and before I knew it I was sobbing into Liam’s shirt.
Trying to calm myself down was a difficult task but I eventually pulled myself together enough to look up at Liam. He was staring down at me with the most caring expression on his face that made all my worries slip away.
What is going on? Why does he make me feel like this and more importantly why does he care so much? I didn’t have time to answer the questions swirling around my mind, because I noticed Liam lifting his hand and it didn’t take a genius to know what he was trying to do. He was trying to take my hood off.
Before he got the chance I jerked out of his arms, and began backing away. I didn’t even have time to register the hurt look in his eyes before I dashed out of the room and out of the school. I just couldn’t let him see me like this. Nobody could know what was going on. My father would kill me if he found out I told somebody.
By the time I realized what I was doing, I had already run half way home and I decided I was not going to go back. I couldn’t face Liam now. He probably thought I was a nut case, and I couldn’t be near him anymore.
Whenever I was around him I wanted to tell him everything and spill all my deepest darkest secrets. I couldn’t do that, so I can’t bear to see him knowing that I can never be close to him. I just couldn’t. I needed to save myself the heartbreak.
So I ran. I let all my thoughts leave my head as my hair flew out behind me and I spotted my house. I didn’t slow down. I just ran into the house and up to my room hurrying towards my closet and pulling out an old shoe box.
It’s much more than a shoe box, though. It’s a box of memories. I haven’t looked at this box since Anthony left. Anthony. It hurts to just think of him. He was the one person who promised he would never abandon me, but he lied.
I pulled the lid off the box and my eyes filled with tears as the picture on the top was Anthony and I the day he left. We were ten and tears were streaming down my face as I attempted to smile when Anthony held the camera up and snapped a picture while putting his arm around my shoulder.
He tried to be strong for me but I could see the pain in his eyes. He didn’t want to leave, but he said he had too. I don’t know what good could happen from him leaving but I always believed in him. He was my twin brother after all.
Yes. I do have a twin brother. Where is he now? I have no idea. When our mother left all we had was each other and I used to take comfort in the face that I would always have him as my rock. That was before he left.
He said he was leaving so he could find a way to get us away from our father. He said he had a plan, but he wouldn’t tell me. All he said was that he would be back as soon as possible. That was the last time I ever saw him.
As much as I wanted to hate him, it was impossible. I loved him. He was my twin brother and we had a connection that nobody else could ever understand. I just hope wherever he is, he is happier than I am here.
It’s possible that he is not even alive right now, but I just had a gut feeling that he was out there somewhere. It must be a twin thing. The fact that he was alive made it somewhat harder to cope with knowing he just didn’t want to come back for me.
I just sighed at the thought and dug through the box reliving each and every memory in the photographs. Baking and gardening with my mother. Playing soccer with my brother. Even laughing with my dad. He really was a good dad before my mother left.
The memories were hard for me to remember, but I knew I would have to do this sometime and it felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. This needed to be done. Soon I felt better and the tears stopped flowing down my face and a small smile rested in place of my frown as I remembered all the good times.
The smile left my face as I heard the door slam and my father thundering up the stairs. Uh oh. He must me mad for some reason. I quickly stuffed the box back into the closet and covered it with clothes. If my father saw these he would burn them just like he did all the photos of my mother and brother.
I knew I was in trouble when my bedroom door slammed open and my father stepped in looking furious. I didn’t know what I did to piss him off, but I do know that this is going to be a bad beating. No matter how scared I was, I showed no fear. Even as he stomped over to me and punched me in the face, I kept a blank expression.
“HOW DARE YOU SKIP SCHOOL! I FEED YOU AND GIVE YOU A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD AND YOU REPAY ME BY SKIPPING SCHOOL?” He hollered at me before smirking and brutally ripped my jeans and top off.
He then ripped my undergarments off before unzipping his pants and forcefully entering me. Then he raped me as he usually does only this time was more violent than the others. I was barely able to contain my screams.
Just when I thought I couldn’t take anymore he finished up and zipped his pants, but I knew that this was far from over. He picked me up by my hair and threw me into the hallway just like he had yesterday.
I inconspicuously winced without my father noticing. He stalked towards me like a predator stalks his prey. “You know, there’s no reason to keep you around. You are just a bitch that uses up my money and lives in my house. I have no use for a worthless whore like you.” He sneered at me.
Now, I was beginning to get worried. I feared that this wasn’t the routine pounding that I usually received. This was going to be worse. Much worse.
My theory was confirmed when he picked me up by my shoulders leaving bruises in the shape of handprints on them. Then he repeatedly slammed me against the wall making my head and back ache in pain.
I felt the wounds in my back reopen and blood began flow from the cuts. I was trying to stay strong, but I could feel my barriers breaking down. He kept slamming my head into the wall until I could see black dots in my vision and I was about to pass out.
Then he stopped and gave me an evil smirk before pushing me to the ground and grabbing me by my hair once again. Then he smiled a malicious smile that sent shivers down my back before walking me towards the stairs.
“Goodbye, bitch.” He said in a hateful tone with a cruel smile before shoving me backwards down the stairs. I rolled and tumbled all the way to the bottom and when I finally made it to the ground I was nearly unconscious and my whole body was throbbing.
Right before I passed out, I heard an eerily familiar voice. “NO!” The voice screamed in agony and anger. That voice was the last thing I heard before the darkness consumed my mind and body.

Liam’s POV:
I nearly went crazy seeing the bruises on her. Nobody hurts my mate and gets away with it. I will hunt down whoever did this to her. I was about to growl and demand who did this to her, but she hastily tried to run out of the classroom.
I caught up to her, though, and gently grabbed her arm. She refused to look at me as she struggled for a few seconds to get out of my grip, but there was no way I was letting her go. I would never let her go now that I found her.
She seemed to have an inner debate with herself before while I tenderly pulled her towards. I wrapped my arms around her tiny 5’ 3” frame. She seemed to struggle at first, but eventually she relaxed into the embrace.
Soon I felt her wet hot tears soaking through my shirt as I tucked my head into the crook of her neck inhaling her sweet scent. It was like nothing I had ever smelled before. She smelled like summer and strawberries and she smelled like… home.
She fit perfectly in my arms and after a while when she composed herself and moved away, I felt like a piece of me was missing. I felt the tears stop and she seemed to finally have the courage to look up at me.
I stared down at her with what I am sure was love and adoration in my eyes. She stared back with surprise like she couldn’t believe somebody could possibly care for her.
It’s obvious somebody has made her feel like this and I was going to make sure she never felt like that again. I was going to treat her like a queen and she would always feel loved and cared for. I would make sure of it.
My first task to help her was finding out who did this to her and the extent of the abuse that the bastard is inflicting on her. I needed to know how hurt she was, so I began lifting my hand intending to pull the hood down.
Before I could even touch her hood, she realized what I was doing and jumped out of my arms. My heart dropped, and I’m sure my hurt showed on my face, and she looked like she felt bad for pulling away, but she just ran out of the room without saying anything.
I felt like shit after that. The classes passed in a blur and at lunch I think Ethan and Leah sensed that I didn’t want to talk because they left me to my thoughts which were all centered on my angel.
I just didn’t understand what happened. I thought I was finally starting to get through to her, but she just ran away from me. What did I do wrong? That question rang in my ears all day, and as hard as I tried I just couldn’t find the answer.
By the time I got home, I was a mess. My hair was all over the place due to me running my hands through it all day, and I’m sure I had bags under my eyes, and a crazed look in my eyes.
“Oh! Honey what’s wrong?!” My mother exclaimed quickly putting the cookie pan down and taking her oven mitts off. She rushed towards me and pushed me towards a chair before making me a plate of cookies and milk.
“I just don’t know what I did wrong.” I mumbled staring at the food in front of me with no appetite at all. I just stared at it, not knowing what to do. My mother seemed to understand exactly what I was talking about, although I wasn’t very detailed in my explanation.
“Liam. She is a human. She doesn’t understand what’s going on and she is probably confused about her feelings. Give her time, and I’m sure she will come around.” She said soothingly trying to get me to understand.
I sighed knowing that she was right. She always was. “Thank you, mom. You’re right. I just hope it doesn’t take her too long. I don’t know how long I can live without her. I jus-“ My words were cut off when the back of my head began throbbing and a wave of pain shot through my back.
I groaned in pain while my mother began to worry. “Liam. LIAM! What’s wrong?!” She screamed, but all I could focus on was the pain. Something was wrong.
My dad came running in. “What’s going on? I heard the screaming.” He said hastily searching the kitchen for danger. His eyes landed on me cringing in pain, and a look of understanding crossed his face. I looked at him questionably as another wave of pain hit me.
He looked apprehensive before speaking. “Liam. I believe that the pain you are feeling is not your own.” He said warily as if waiting for me to explode. I didn’t understand why he was looking at me like that until his words registered in my brain.
If the pain wasn’t my own then there was only one other person’s it could be. Alexandra. I jumped up ignoring the pain and ran out the door ignoring the shouts from my family. I wasn’t going to stand around and talk when my baby was in trouble.
I shifted and ran to the school before catching her scent and following it to a small neighborhood. I sniffed out where it was strongest and found an average house with a dead garden out front.
I knew this was her house. Her scent was everywhere. I shifted and pulled on a pair of shorts I had tied around my ankle before knocking impatiently on the door. I was getting anxious when nobody answered, and when I heard a soft scream, I busted the door down.
When I entered the home, the first thing I saw was my angel laying naked, crumpled and crippled at the bottom of a set of stairs. She looked weak and barely conscious with the scent of blood hanging heavily in the air.
I looked to the top of the stairs to see a greasy middle aged man smirking down at my mate. I looked back to see her eyes slowly closing and I screamed out in agony “NO!!” This got the man’s attention and he sent me a glare and came charging towards me.
I would have loved to kill him right then and there for what he did to my angel but I knew that I needed to get her to a doctor as soon as possible, so I settled for punching him as hard as I possibly could in the face knocking him out instantly.
Then I rushed to my baby’s side and gently picked her up. She looked so fragile right now with bruises covering every inch of her body and blood running down her back and legs. I growled in the back of my throat lowly before picking her up as carefully as possible.
She whimpered slightly and I winced knowing that there was nothing I could do. I was carrying her as cautiously as possible without dropping her. Once outside I began sprinting through the town and the woods towards my home.
I didn’t want to take her to a normal hospital. They would ask questions and they wouldn’t let me see my angel as often as if she was being treated in my own home. Plus, if they found out about her father they would send him to jail and I wanted to deal with the bastard myself.
He was obviously her father. You could see the resemblance between the two. Yes. I had finally seen my angels face and she was gorgeous even covered in blood and bruises. She had gorgeous blonde hair that went just past her elbows in slight waves and striking sea blue eyes that I could look into forever.
I also saw her body… her naked body and it sickened me to think about what he had done to her. I had a pretty good idea what happened as I had seen the blood dripping down her thighs. It took all my power to not kill him.
I tried to concentrate on the fact that she was safe now, and that is what I had to think about all the way home. When I finally reached the pack house I burst through the doors to see my entire family seated in the living room waiting for me no doubt.
I realized that my mate was still exposed so I rushed upstairs to my room and laid her down before covering her up with one of my shirts. Then I ran downstairs screaming for somebody to get the pack doctor, Jack Torres.
When he finally arrived I ushered him upstairs ignoring the looks I was receiving from my family. Right now I just needed to make sure my mate was alright. If she wasn’t I couldn’t live with myself knowing that I didn’t protect her well enough. I would die if she wasn’t alright.