M. Shadows' Lips of Deceit

03 Before the Wind Sweeps Her Away

“You little bitch; you’re such a fucking drama queen!” I quietly shout at the TV, gripping my little pillow a little tighter. “Riley is a drug addict Buffy! Maybe he didn’t know it but that’s no excuse! Just let the little bitch die! He’s making a huge deal over a little headache and some shaking. Weak little human, you’d be better off with Xander.” I huff, scrunching up my face when Harmony has her trampy paws on Spike. “And you Spike! You could do so much better! Of course there isn’t another Drusilla but there’s a lot more out there other then Harmony, even if it is only for the sex. Hell knows there are no brains in that bitch; the biggest part of her anatomy is her breasts and those aren’t that very big. You’d think being a cheerleader her parents would have bought her a fake pair.” I suck in a large intake of the rooms’ warm air. I ran out of oxygen with my ninety-a-minute rant.

“Are you coming to bed some time before the sun rises?” A long, loud, curdling scream escaped my mouth when he spoke his first word. My body left the couch and came back down a millisecond later.

“Don’t fucking do that!” I scream getting off the couch and turning to face Adam with my index finger extended from my little fist.

He scratched his face and let out a little yawn and it fell during the middle. “I’m sorry, I just wanted to know if you were coming to bed tonight.” He laid his hands on the top of the loveseat and leant forward. He was shirtless and was wearing a pair of black, grey and white plaid lounge pants.

“I got lost in disc one.” I defend with a shrug. The ending credits begin playing and a pick up the remote from the floor.

“I’m sorry about earlier baby but we’ve been over that hundreds of times. The wedding is-“ The room grew increasingly darker in a second, the quick of it cutting Adam off in midsentence. I turned the TV off in hopes that he’d just drop it and it worked.

His arms wrap around me as I was walking to pass him. His warm face nuzzles against my neck and the wall of selfish anger I had up for these past three hours dissolves into jello. In the wiggle and jiggle form of jello and then into its pastel powder form. His lips of love leave light little kisses that are silent sorries.

I cover his hands with my own and feel a little chill against my bones.

________________________________________________________________________

“I’m very exciting to be working with you.” I take hold of her hand in an excited shake.

“We’ll meet again in a week to start this journey.” I’ve finally met the publisher right for me and my way of writing. I know I’m absolutely beaming as I leave her office and out of the publishing building.

“Hey, guess what? I got it!” I scream into the headset as I’m driving to work. Sandra on the receiving end of one of my trademark squeals.

“You did! Finally, that’s great! I’m so happy for you and proud of you babe! Hey, I’ve got an idea, tonight we celebrate! All drinks on me!”

“Oh I don’t know….”

“What do ya’ mean you dunno? This is a well deserved celebration-““Alright, alright. You bring Chase by and we can do whatever.” I cut her off knowing where that was going and I don’t feel like a twenty minute lecture on my life of not having enough down time and fun with them. I hang up with her not even five minutes later as I pull into the parking lot.

I’m not one of those people who dread going to work, I like my behind the desk job even if it is only for three hours a day and three days a week. The newspaper editorial isn’t much for me right now but it’s been a great and rewarding privilege.

My desk, one of the most decorated on this floor. A photo of Adam and I from our first Halloween as a couple, a Deathbat sticker lightly taped to the surface of my desk [in the right top side corner], a framed picture of Avenged Sevenfold that was photo edited with the lyrics of I Won’t See You Tonight, two black skull knick knacks, a small panda plushy and a picture of Sandra and me after Ozzfest 06’ soaked in the madness of the festival.

Most people had maybe one picture or two at the most and one knick knack but what can I say? I like to bring as much of my desk at home as possible. It isn’t messy though, not at, its all organized and dust free. My cubical is just like me; little in size but with an overcompensating personality.

Instead of hurrying home I stopped at the grocery store, picking up some more food items. After I was done there I drove here, this little thrift shop where I can buy the cutest pants for a forth of the price. Today I was looking for a new dress outfit. Something along the lines of sleek black pants and some sort of button up shirt.

Two pairs of dark grey pants are hanging off of my arm as I look over a shirt; a black button up with a singed type of edge to it; similar to cut off jeans. It’s only five bucks and in my size, what are the odds?

After about another thirty minutes or longer of browsing and trying things on I pay for my things and go on my way. I stop at the book store really fast before home, needing the newest book in a series I have been reading.

I shove myself through the door as soon as I get it a crack open. It’s a bit too early for Adam to be home so I have time to put everything away and get all prettied up. Sandra was right, during my work shift it really sat in that my dream was coming true. And it’s worth celebrating.

“Hey, babe! I can’t stress enough about how proud I am of you!” Sandra screams as she pulls me in for one of her killer tight hugs.

“Congrats V.” Chase sends a high-five my way with a hug as the second stop. We didn’t always get along but when we did it was nice, really nice. He’s a great guy and I’m glad he and Sandra are happy together.

“Adam here yet?”

“Yeah, he just got out of the shower-“

“Hello everybody,” Came his exciting, exhilarating voice from the right of us. A duet of ‘hi’s’ filled the door area and the three of them exchanged warm hugs.

“Stud, you’re always working! Ya’ need to take some time to be with this girl before the wind sweeps her away.” Sandra was going on a little while later as the four of us sat in the living room drinking, snacking and just catching up. Discussing the wedding that was planned out in January and the parties that went in hand before it. Adam and I don’t have much family and even fewer friends so it’s going to be a real easy wedding.

“Wind sweeps her away huh?”

“Well yeah, we all know she won’t fall for some other poor fool.”

“I’m a fool now? First I work too much and now I’m a fool, thanks Sandi.”

“Hey! Don’t all me that Norton!” Chase and I were just in attacks of laughter over the two of them. A he said she said game that goes rounds and rounds with itself.

“Just like old times yeah?” Chase nudges me and winks. We’ve all been pretty busy in the last two months or so to really hang out and it’s sad but we do have to build our lives.

Adam places his hand fully on my knee and takes me back. “I’ve got some thing for you Hun.”

“What? Adam, you shouldn’t have.” A fight no girl can win with her boyfriend; at least the good ones anyway.

He instructs me to close my eyes and I do just that. I can hear him fumbling around and Chase and Sandra giggling. Some thing brushes across my forearm and then is placed on my hands that are clasped in my lap. “Open it.”

I open my eyes to see a red envelope of medium size. I look up to his eager eyes and start opening the light red paper envelope.

Adam! Oh my god! You didn’t! You are the fucking best!” I screech jumping on him.

“Yes I did and yes I am.”

“I thought it was sold out?” I squeal really loud you’d think I had a microphone somewhere hidden and there was surround sound.

“I bought these when they first were being sold. I’ve just been waiting for the perfect moment to give them to you. Ya’ know, one of the big presents before we’re married. Do you like them?” He asks with a stupid chuckle. I kiss him hard and scream against his lips, kind of blowing him away. But this is the best and I mean best present in the histories of presents. Avenged Sevenfold floor seat tickets for a near-to-home show with attached very important person passes.
♠ ♠ ♠
See this didn't take almost a year to write =]

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS READ! & COMMENTED!
You have no clue how happy I was when I signed into Mibba and POW! Comments! Thank you all so much! I think without your comments it would have taken a bit longer for me to update. So thank you! And lookie here! A banner I decided to make for Lips of Deceit:

Oh! And Matt will be coming into the picture veryy shortly!

Here