M. Shadows' Lips of Deceit

05 The Concert

At five AM the sun isn’t brightly shining but the deep purple, blue satin sky isn’t any less beautiful to wake up to. Every step to the bathroom has a bounce in it as I happily hum Bat Country. Every little fiber of my five foot four being was awaking within minutes, realizing what today was. A day I’ve been looking forward to for hell knows how long.

The rectangle hunk of marble known as a bathtub filled up with steaming water as I slipped off my night tank top and underwear. Before stepping into the tub I flicked on the little silver radio that sits on the toilet lid. The local radio station’s morning show rebounds from the walls as the water swallows me up.

Every little minute will drag on through day as I wait to leave the house; I’ve been through this before. The anticipation grows with every reapply of eyeliner and look in the mirror. As a picture of Synyster on the ego risers playing an ear-gasmic solo plays behind my eyelids I run a hand along my soaked calf.

The smell of freshly dyed hair rises in my nostrils as I dry out my hair with the damp towel that was just clung to my body. I love the scent of a newly done hair dye job just as much as I love the aftermath of washing out the chemicals.

The LCD number clock reads 6:07 when I walk out of the bathroom; getting dressed, brushing my hair and teeth and applying my first round of eyeliner to my perky green eyes. Picking up my phone I hit the second speed dial number to wake up Sandra. Yes at six in the morning for a concert that doesn’t admit people for another twelve some hours.

After seven rings she picks up, “Morning!” I screech, standing in front of the bathroom mirror and looking at my good looking self.

“Hey babe I’m gonna’ be a little late to the concert tonight,”

“Why?”

“I have to work till five and I can’t get out of it but as soon as I punch out I’m on my way to the venue, ok? Just hold my spot in line; you’ll probably be leaving in like an hour anyway.” She laughs at the end of her sentence; I think it over in my head and that’s not a total disaster, she’d be complaining by noon anyway.

“Alright, just call me when you pull up on the block alright?” She agrees, we say goodbyes and hang up. This doesn’t damper my mood in the slightest.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Adam says as I walk into the kitchen, he was just finishing up his iced tea and bagel. “Oh you look great, have a great time.” He presses his lips to mine warmly as he wraps his arms around me. “Bye.” I blow his figure as kiss as it disappears behind the kitchen door, a minute later the engine of his car breaks the morning silence.

I passed the rest of the hour by eating two bagels, listening to the self titled album and repainting my chipped nails. I packed my Deathbat covered messenger bag with two chilled Monsters, my camera, an extra eyeliner stick and two Snickers. I reapplied my eyeliner and draped my VIP pass around my neck, putting Sandra’s in my messenger bag till I get to the venue. I was ready to leave at 7:19 and so I did.

I keep copies of all four Avenged albums in my car so I’m never without their music, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet rang out through the car system as I pulled out of the drive way.

________________________________________________________________________

I had gotten to the venue going on eight and around noon the street starting filling up with eager fans. I conversed and met some new people, sharing my enthusiasm with them as well as the extra Monster I brought with one girl. Come four thirty I was screaming random lyrics with a few other girls and some guys, the anticipation really building up.

Sandra parked herself in line twenty minutes before the doors opened for fans, her VIP pass gleaming against the Bullet For My Valentine wife beater she was wearing. By the time she arrived I was shaking with excitement and waiting for the concert to begin, my face was already nipping at the tension of all the smiling I was doing.

I caught site of Jason Berry setting up the drums and my heart dropped, I’m really here and they’re really here and this is gonna’ happen. I clench at Sandra’s arm and let out an excited yelp, no matter how many times you can see these guys the feeling of anticipation remains the same; and it’s exhilarating. I take some shots of Jason as he’s setting up, bouncing every second that passed. A piercing scream escapes my mouth as soon as I see Syn’s pimp-striped guitar and when I see that faultless Vengeance Custom I scream again. I took a few snap shots of those even though they probably didn’t turn out with all my shaking and the speediness of the guitar tech.

My hands enclose on the metal railing as the countdown to their presence is weighed, any minute now it’s all about to start and I’ll be in my own piece of heaven. And there it goes: the lights go out and darkness swallows up the earsplitting arena. An army of screams bellow at the stage and the opening chords of Critical Acclaim hit you in the face. A light sting creases my eyes from the eight applies of eyeliner as I start crying heavily; the best feeling ever.

A ten song set that left everyone begging for more finishes with an encore that was demanded. Critical Acclaim, Second Heartbeat, Afterlife, Bat Country, Scream, Beast and the Harlot, Gunslinger, Seize the Day, Almost Easy, Unholy Confessions, and A Little Piece of Heaven killed it to the core.

My entire body is shaking as we stood there waiting for the herd of full fans to thin out, then we’d make our way to security by the exits and show them our passes. Sandra was clenching my arm and keeping me from doubling over and everything seemed to be bright and revolving. My face was damp with tears, sweat and I guessed eyeliner was all over in a mess. I’m not positive I’m breathing, well I know I am but-I’m not in the right mind set at the moment and nothing is making much sense and it feels wonderful.

Despite whatever mess my face was in a dimple baring grin was spread across it to show I was happy, hell beyond happy if you knew any better. Sandra knew better then to ask if I was okay but that didn’t stop surrounding fans who were waiting to get past the herds themselves, I’d nod and she’d answer for me with the usual ‘she’s great, just seen the five gods that rule her world’.

How long we were standing around I’m not sure but Sandra directs me towards three big men with bright yellow shirts on that have ‘security’ spelt on the front and backs. As I wipe up my now dry face she shows our passes and we get the clear, one of the guys has us follow him and oh my fucking god, a few steps away are the guys! Part of me is ready to do that girlie thing called fainting.

Well, Avenged Sevenfold shows aren’t for the faint of heart.

My eyes watch my feet as we follow him; Sandra guiding me the way, I think she thinks I might collapse over, hell I might.

“Can you compose yourself now?” Sandra asks as we make it backstage, four other fans with VIP passes around their necks are standing and talking with one another. I nod to her as we make our way to them, shaking off the feeling of shaking.

We greet each other with and exchange names; we’re talking about the concert for about five minutes when Zacky Vengeance himself casually walks over to our little clutter of a group. “Hello all of ya’, did you guys like the show?” Three high pitched yes’s and three rather normal tone yes’s reply. Zacky chuckles a chuckle that lightens up his face, his features crinkling up in mere happiness.

“Ah get outta’ the way Vengeance,” Syn’s voice rings over his shoulder and not a second later he’s at Zacky’s right side. One by one we introduce ourselves, seeing as we have the next hour and a half with them; we shook their hands and I couldn’t help but bubble over into animation.

Johnny, Jimmy and Matt came over to us next and after ten minutes of introducing ourselves again and telling them how we enjoyed the show we split up into little groups. Greg, Millie and Sandra were in deep, energetic conversation with Jimmy, Johnny and Zacky. I was sitting with Josh and Edgar and talking with Syn and Matt. I can’t believe I’m actually sitting still, well close to it anyway. The guys offered us drinks [we all accepted] and we were just kicking back.

The topic of choice was instruments, Josh and Edgar started telling Matt and Syn about their band and how much of an inspiration they are to them, Josh has Syn signature at home and it’s his favorite to play on. Well, why in the hell wouldn’t it be.

“Oh come on I’ll show you this trick,” Before I knew it the two guys disappeared with Syn and I was sitting with Matt, alone. Okay, I’m not going to be silly, we aren’t alone in the full sense of the word and-“Did you have any idea of what they were going on about?” He broke off my train of thought; unapparent to myself I blinked about five times before answering.

“I knew the basics of what they were talking about,” I reply, aimlessly running a hand through my slightly chaotic hair. “I can play but beyond an amp that works you’ve lost me with all the specifics.” I let out a small uneasy laugh; maybe I shouldn’t have said that… My breath froze in my lungs and I didn’t know I was starring, Matt laughed and his dimples were uncovered, I lost myself for seeing them in person.

When the realization of staring at him caught up with my conscious, “I’m sorry…” I mumble, scratching at the nail polish that covered a previous layer of polish.

“S’alright, I get that a lot.” Damn it, he laughs again and I feel the breath in my lungs evaporate into nothing. “Should I stop enjoying myself?”

“What? Huh?”

“Well you seem to be mentally screaming at yourself or something-“

“Oh no, don’t not enjoy yourself! I’m sorry!” Before I knew it; once I started talking my hands flew up and around as if I were a mime, I’m just pulling out all the smooth moves tonight.

“Do you need another drink?” He muses and after a second of mild confusion I eased.

“I’ll just shush-“

“Now why would you do that? Didn’t you hear that I was enjoying myself?” My face tightens in a smile and after glimpsing into his peepers I let my gaze drop to the hem of my shirt, my fingers fumbling around for a loose thread.

“I don’t see how you do it, in front of all those crazed fans that expect so much, well not expect…well yeah…”

“I get what you mean and maybe it’s just something you have or don’t have. Are you a singer by any chance?”

“Well you have it and yeah, I’ve got no problem doing a cover but when it comes to something I’ve written I can’t muster up the voice.” I laugh at my own issue and look back up at him, not wanting him to think I was rude or something…

“Well whatever I say will probably just sound like whatever your friends have told you,”

“Yeah well I’d probably listen more to you, I mean after all you are M. Shadows.” I crinkle my nose in a laugh and he laughs too which makes my face warm up as a reaction.

“That I am,” He threw his finished beer bottle in a near trash can and stood up, extending his muscular tattooed arms in a short stretch. “Wanna’ see the bus?” His eyebrows wiggle cutely and his dimples twinkle, the kind that’s unseen. I nod and stand to my feet, he offers me his hand and it takes a few to register. Easily his hand swallows up mine, the same feeling I got when I shook hands with Jimmy, Johnny, Syn and Zacky rushed up my arm, only slightly intensified.

“Wow,”

“Ah it’s a bus.” He laughs a light laugh and plants himself on a black couch, setting his clapped hands on the table that’s in front of the couch. Swiftly I walk over and sit myself besides him, leaving my hands held together on my lap. “’Have the Deathbat too?”

“Well I have the wings on my shoulder blades, first ink I got. These were second and third,” I raise my wrists showing him the Syn’s Gate Clothing and Vengeance University logos better. The touch of his thumb across the Vengeance skull sent a heated shiver up my arm, I bet I just blushed.

“Are those the only ones you have?”

“Nope, I’ve got the Monster energy logo behind this ear,” I crane my neck to the side to let him see the green trademark M. “And the Roman numeral five behind this ear.” I point to the ear farthest from him on my right side with a grin spreading across my face.

I’ve found myself lost in his eyes; glinting with different colors like a pinwheel. Streaks of green an’ hazel and green hazel together, light grey blue circles hidden underneath his skin and as my eyes take in the beauty of his they fell down to his lips. Time is one of the farthest things from my mind as I browse his lips back and forth. As if antifreeze was poured into my stomach via my belly button my stomach churned and rose; without a conscious thought I seen what I wanted and took it.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper, immediately jerking away as my actions caught with me. My eyes were wide as I realize what I just did, sliding my foot out from under the table to get up his hand ceased my wrist and with a motion that made my head spin I was facing him. Up so close our noses pressed together, I’m not sure what’s making me spin but it’s doing a great job in disorienting me.

“Don’t be,” Matt whispers softly, his breath strikes against my face and sends wanting chills through my skin. His nose caresses the side of my nose lightly, the feeling of suction through breathing pangs against it and I want to close my eyes but I can’t. His lips tenderly touch mine and I feel this jolt through my chest that spirals down through my ribs to the very pit of my stomach. Electricity doesn’t explain it properly; it’s overwhelming and more over powering then that feeling of love at first site.

He releases my wrist and slides his hand up my arm and slowly over my collar bone. His fingers sketch against my neck as his tongue falls along my lower pierced lip. I close my eyes as I push myself against him, his arms fully embracing my body as I do so. I softly touch my tongue against his and feel that jolt go down my throat.

I snake my arm around his neck, it feels doll like around him because he’s so built. My body lightly shakes like the rails of an on coming train as he searches every corner of mouth, every corner that will fit his tongue. My body is heated and while it’s reacting almost perfectly to everything he’s doing I can’t help but think about who he actually is. Not to sound like the stalker or groupie type but its Matt fucking Shadows.

He maneuvers me onto his lap, his hands skimming underneath the back of my shirt. I can feel his growing erection underneath me and that adds a coin to my pride jar. Like a radiator his mouth heats my face to what feels like a near boiling point as the kiss intensifies. I run my fingers underneath his shirt and rake my nails against his tattooed stomach, from left to right and up and down.

Instinctively my teeth pull at his tongue and by doing so I yank his head, tongue first, to the right. His dimples cave inward and I can feel them touch my face as his mouth takes hold of my upper neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mhm! That is where I leave you ^-^
I am so sorry it took so long to post! I hope the length makes up for it.
I LOVE you ALL who comment <3