M. Shadows' Lips of Deceit

06 Hearts Burst Into Fire

’Hearts Burst Into Fire’ by Bullet for My Valentine streams out of the little kitchen boom box player as the sink fills up with hot water from the previous days dishes. The sponge is dripping with soapy water in my hands as my hips move from side to side with the beat of the song. The water tingles against my skin and I feel like I’m sparkling.

A breeze from the window creeps up my bare arms and the feeling of the warm water and chilly air sends small shivers down my back. I start with the silver ware as ’Waking the Demon’ rumbles up through the small speakers, I’m singing loudly as I breeze right through the forks and spoons an’ into the bowls and plates. My hair thrashing around my face as I’m getting into the song and clashing different ‘wares together. A splash of bubbles and water smashes against my stomach and soaks my tee, “Damn,” I mutter breaking my concentration on the song.

My fingers begin pruning by the time I start rinsing things under the running water; chips of nail polish falling into the metal sink and going down the drain, stupid cheap nail polish. A rush of shock sweeps through me as two pair of hands latch onto my hips, I release an ear turning scream before comprehending and recognizing the hands holding me. “Don’t fucking do that!” I scream over the music, hitting Adam full on with a soapy, pruned hand.

“Well I was going to cover your mouth with my hand and pick you up,” he replies smirking, his lips touching mine for a brief second that follows.

“I would have killed you!”

“Then you’d be marrying yourself and you aren’t that sad babe,” I scrunch up my face for a second, trying to remain faux angry with him for another second. “I missed you,” His hands lock around me and he pulls me in for a hug; with one breath of him the faux anger flew out my ears.

“I missed you too,” I kiss him on the lips lightly as I shiftily dry my hands on his shirt; eh I don’t think he noticed.

“So how was the show?! You’re absolutely beaming! It must have been astounding!”

“It was astounding! And amazing, wonderful, excellent and beautiful, should I continue?” My face was stretching into a grin so broad I could be putty and be turned into a Halloween mask.

“Well what was the set list? How were the guys? You get pictures?” I nod vigorously as it comes back to me for the hundredth time today while I’ve been awake.

“In this order they played: Critical Acclaim, Second Heartbeat, Afterlife, Bat Country, Scream, Beast and the Harlot, Gunslinger, Seize the Day, Almost Easy, Unholy Confessions and A Little Piece of Heaven!” I repeat the shift of weight between my heels and toes as I talk and twist around in his arms happily. “They were great! Just the thing I needed was to go an’ see them again, it felt like fucking forever! I’m sorry you didn’t get to go, Sandra and I had to drive separately because she had to work half a shift.”

“Seriously, A Little Piece of Heaven? God you suck!” His teeth are bright against his gums as he laughs jokingly, I simply roll my eyeliner smeared an’ reapplied eyes. “As long as you had the time of your life I’m happy.”

“Well I did! It was unforgettable! They way they moved and every little sound, I’ll remember every detail till the day I die.” I make a little ‘Dream of Jeanie head bob at the end of my sentence before nuzzling into Adams warm figure; he didn’t need to know the details of what part of the concert that left me glowing today. He believed it was the music itself and that’s completely fine.

“Did you cry a lot?” He asks as he reaches over and turns off the water; ’Take It Out On Me’ hits the end of its final chorus before turning into track eight, ’Say Goodnight’.

“I thought my eyes would never stop burning for all the eyeliner,” He laughs and breaks a ‘God I love you’ in between. “So how was your thing? Get everything done?”

“It was work and since I’m not odd like you sweetheart I don’t enjoy it to it’s fullest but I got it all done, want to go grab some lunch before your book meeting?”

“You remembered,”

“Of course I did, I’m not one of those lame boyfriends remember?” Our fingers link together into one big mesh of skin as he takes pleasure in himself as a non-lame boyfriend.

________________________________________________________________________

“The next step is to meet with an illustrator or an artist willing to work on your cover, bind and back art, have anything or anyone in mind?”

“Well I was thinking something grungy and sort of simple but something that’ll grab a person’s eye to go an’ pick up the book. As of a’ who, I’ve got nothing.” I wince slightly at my last sentence; I haven’t given it much thought. Hell, I might be jumping the gun here and moving too fast with this book…My index and middle fingers plunk against my knee as I try keeping direct eye contact, a lot easier said then done.

“Well that’s alright, these things do take time and everything falls together at the right time. You can’t rush anything or you won’t get anywhere, it’s still very early in the game you know.” I nod and smile and make my fingers go still.

“So you were saying simple but catching have any ideas you want to share? I’m more then willing to find someone for the cover, most the time I do and it’s nothing to worry about.”

“Thank you, I know that word is like on repeat but really thank you. And I was thinking simple colors like black, white and a deep crimson with a pencil drawn on girl…I’m not sure if that makes much sense,”

“Oh it does, continue.”

“I don’t want her to have a specific face, like it’s stamped out with other pencil marks or something…that’s the only thing I’ve come up with.”

“Well it’s a great start; I’ll look through all my sources and contacts and find someone perfect to work with you. This is your book need I remind you, don’t be afraid to speak up if you aren’t into something,”

“Or it’ll reflect on me, sometimes I need that reminding.” I finished; taking in a breath and getting to my feet.

“I’ll see you Friday at the same time,” We shake hands and exchange surging smiles that could probably make the hair on the back of the neck of person rise up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post >.< Im off to post chapter seven now though ^_^ And I'm working on chapter eight. My interweb has been shifty -.-
Thank you everyone for reading and commenting! I love you all! <3