Ciseaux

Ciseaux

She sat in the dark corner of her room and sighed. An aspiring artist was all she ever was besides a shy, no-name brand, quiet genius with absolutely no confidence. "Who am I kidding?," she mumbled kicking open her sketchbook on the floor in front of her. "I can't draw." All she had left to think about was him; The only boy who ever had her heart.Because of him her brown eyes didn't shimmer anymore, her smile was pure plastic, but only one thing was clear; She wasn't who she used to be. Then again, neither was he.

_____________________________________________*

Her prized possession was nothing more than something she had created herself. Art was her therapy, her escape and her life. Therefore, an empty 150 page sketchbook meant the world to her. Nothing ever came close to how much it could understand her. Or so it seemed.Out of the blue there was once was a time where it was as though fate really existed. At that moment she looked into his eyes and wondered what could be. She did what anyone else would do and held her breath taking a step forward.

Days went by slowly, seconds turned to hours, hours turned to days, days turned to weeks & so on. Every thing started to come together and she realized what was happening to her. Was it infatuation? Was it really love? No, it was just a feeling that happened to take over her life.

A seed of chaos was buried into the ground as Summer began. Its roots soon wrapped around her feet only to grow out of her reach. Not even the wind could be controlled, but the ships sails were already ruined to begin with. Something out of her power was called destiny and it's a shame none of us can prepare for it.

September: Long live the friendships that she thought would last, good riddance to the bitch who's cracked grin doesn't satisfy anyone and hello to this brave new world. A new beginning was at stake and she wondered how much more things would change. She still loved him and it turned out he loved her too. Or so it seemed.

Instead of rushing together they only drifted apart leading back to square one.

_____________________________________________*

"But there's no harm in trying," She added while placing her sketchbook in her lap with a pencil rested in her right hand. Thoughts began flowing out from underneath the soft graphite as detailed images began to emerge. This was creativity at its best and the only workshop in sight was a clever imagination that would one day get her far.

____________________________________________Fin.