Status: Complete!

How to Date Alexis Brighten

Epilogue

“I have a list of my own, you know,” I told him as I made my way into the aquatic centre. I had a towel wrapped tightly around my torso, feeling self-conscious in my bikini.

“Oh really?” He said, raising an eyebrow at me. He swaggered over to me and placed his hands on my hips, resting his forehead against mine. “What’s on your list?”

“Daniel Harper, Pros and Cons,” I said matter-of-factly. He chuckled and moved his left hand up to play with my hair. “Pros,” I continued. Daniel pulled back and looked at me, his famous smirk displayed on his features. “Well, what are they?” He prompted when I was silent. “Everything,” I said, feeling my cheeks heat up. Daniel laughed and pulled me into a hug, kissing me lightly on the forehead.

“Hey, don’t look so pleased with yourself,” I told him. “There’s still the Cons.”

“Fair enough. Please, go on,” he said sarcastically, his smirk turning into a huge grin. I rolled my eyes at him and pulled my towel closer to my body. “Cons,” I said, looking up at Daniel’s smiling face.

“Everything.”

Daniel laughed and reached for my hand, taking it easily in his. He led the way to the edge of the pool and sat down, pulling me down after him. We both put our bare legs into the cool water, and stared down at them in silence. Daniel gave my hand a light squeeze and I looked up at him.

“You’re like a deer in the headlights,” he said with a small smile.

“I’m scared,” I admitted, looking down at my feet again.

“Hey,” Daniel said quietly. “It’s gonna be okay. I’ll be with you the whole time.”

“But the last time I was in a pool I almost drowned,” I reminded him.

“And I saved you,” he replied immediately. “You can do this.”

Daniel slipped into the water, standing in front of me, his shoulders emerged in the water. I hesitantly removed my towel and tossed it aside. Daniel’s eyes drifted up and down my body and he let out a low wolf whistle, causing me to blush. I smiled and Daniel held out his hands for me. I took them hesitantly and he slowly pulled me into the water with him. He held onto my hips under the water and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Ready?” He asked me. I nodded, but Daniel just looked worried. I mustn’t have been very convincing. He pulled me closer to him and buried his face in my shoulder. “You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to,” he whispered in my ear. “I’ve got to learn sometime, don’t I?” I said as he pulled back. “Okay,” he said with a small smile, planting a kiss on my cheek. “Let’s go.”

Mr. West had eventually figured out that I didn’t know how to swim, and of course, Daniel had been the first to volunteer to give me lessons. This was my first lesson, and in all honesty, I was terrified, but I was determined to succeed. I was going to swim.

Daniel taught me how to hold my breath underwater first, leading me through many exercises, going under the water and then back up again. Once he thought I’d mastered that, he took me to the shallow end to work on my kicking. He told me to hold onto the wall and float, kicking my legs behind me. I did as he said, but just as I was about to start kicking, he grabbed my torso, pulling me back towards him, into his chest.

I laughed as he spun me around, kicking up water in every direction. I struggled out of his grip and pushed him backwards, sending him underwater. He popped up immediately and lunged for me, easily slinging me over his shoulder and spinning me around. I laughed and screamed at him to put me down as he splashed through the water. He set me on my feet again and brushed my hair out of my face. He held the side of my face and stared into my eyes as I stared back up at him. His brilliant, turquoise eyes were startling against the blue tiles of the pool.

“Alexis Brighten,” he said, his mouth lifting up at the corners in a smile. “I am absolutely, completely and hopelessly,” he paused. “In like with you.” I laughed and rolled my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my tip-toes to kiss him softly on the lips. As he deepened the kiss, I could feel him smiling and I ran my fingers through his wet hair. We broke apart and he stared down at me again, his eyes boring into mine.

Daniel was everything I never thought I’d ever want, or need. He was infuriating and impossible, sarcastic and a total pain in my ass. I couldn’t stand his stupid swagger and his trademark smirk drove me crazy. But despite all that, or possibly because of all that, I was absolutely, completely and hopelessly in like with him, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
We’ve reached the end of How To Date Alexis Brighten! I feel like this is a bittersweet moment and I’m kinda sad it’s over! Haha :) Thank you all so much for taking this journey with me. Go find your name in the Acknowledgments and Dedication!

If you’re still looking for something to read, maybe you could check out my new story Saving Jaxon? The first chapter is now posted! It deals with the same sort of themes as Alexis as far as assumptions and judgements go. Everybody has a story! Leave a comment on it and I’ll love you forever.

FOR THE MUSIC FANS - my active fan-fics are:

WE THE KINGS
Chasing The Night
PARAMORE
Let The Flames Begin
ALL TIME LOW
I’m Finding Me Out
My Heart On Your Sleeve
How To Date Alex Gaskarth

I hope to see you all lurkin’ the comments pages!

Stay Awesome,
Becca Arrington