Life on the *** Scene

It's A Family Thing

“Something’s bothering you,” Jeffrey said to me after the march.

“No,” I replied, “everything’s fine.”

“I can tell you’re lying, Jadiah,” he insisted, “you didn’t seem yourself last night.” It was true; normally I had a smile on my face, happy to be marching with the Black Parade. Last night, though, I was thinking about what the priest had said. Maybe I did need to see somebody. But what was I supposed to tell them, that I was a part of a marching band that only appeared in the dead of night and I was also some kind of vampire? I didn’t need a therapist to know all my secrets, even if everything I told him was private. Surely somebody that wasn’t under the watchful eye of God could go about and tell the world everybody’s secrets, especially if it was murder, right? There was no way I could tell anybody about what I had done.

Even my most trustworthy friends and family couldn’t be trusted with my secret.

“I’m fine,” I lied, “I just have a lot on my mind. You don’t know what it feels like to have people that you love die, do you?”

“I do,” Jeffrey told me, “but only when I was young. I haven’t forgotten those that had passed on while I was still a mortal, but the pain is gone.”

“Really?” I asked, “who were they?”

“My parents,” he replied, “they had the misfortune of being murdered the same way I was.”

“Why?”

“Because the church burnt down without any known causes. A few people had seen them around the area only ten minutes before the building went up in flames, and they decided that they must have been the ones behind the tragic event.”

“Tragic?” I looked at him, confused, “did anybody get killed?”

“I don’t know,” he began, “but, seeing as it was a Sunday morning, a lot of church-goers would have been caught in the fire.”

“Oh,” I said simply, “that must’ve been horrible, losing your parents at a young age.” Jeffrey nodded.

“It was. It took me years to get over the pain that it created.”

“How did you ever get over it?”

“Emotions fade after a while, Jadiah. You’ll learn to get over the loss of your friends, no matter what it takes.”

“So,” I started, trying to word my sentence carefully, “even if I were to do something horrible, then it would be forgiven because of the pain I’m feeling?”

“That depends,” he replied, “if you were to do something that was against the law, then that wouldn’t be forgiven.” I sighed mentally, not wanting to give myself away.

“I’m getting out for a bit,” I replied, heading towards the door, “just need to think about things.”

Or that’s what the voices were telling me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, sorry for the short chapter. I couldn't really think of much. Hopefully the next chapter will be longer, though.

Yes, as you may have noticed, another username change by me. Please note that I am now MyChemicalIndulgence, not Dinorawwr. Just, please remember that. But because my username's different doesn't mean I won't keep bringing you these stories ;D
xxTeza