Adolescent Suicide

Part Thirteen;;

**********Frank’s POV**********

Warsaw, Poland

He wasn’t sure exactly when it was that he had decided that he wanted to marry Mercy. Maybe it had been when he had made love to her that night at her apartment. Maybe even before then. Or perhaps, that day in Stockholm, when he had watched her pretty blue eyes light up at the sight of the Vasa ship. To him, it didn’t really matter when it was that he had decided it. All that mattered was that he had. And now, he had to ask Bob.

Frank had left Mercy in the hotel room, sleeping peacefully. Once more, they had arrived fairly late in Poland, and they had been tired. But he was more used to it than she was. That was just how it was on the road. They’d perform, then flight out for the next city, barely getting enough time to sleep in between. And Frank was really pushing his luck by taking Mercy out on day trips to see the sights, but he wanted her to experience everything while she could.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he walked down the carpeted halls of the hotel. It was one of the nicest ones in Warsaw, he had to give it that. The walls were a deep green color, the color of pine trees. Gold gild was everywhere, covering the ceilings and the furniture. It smelled of oranges, a sweet but sour smell. Frank liked it, to be honest. This was by far his favorite hotel that they had ever stayed at. Something about it seemed homey.

He lifted a fist and knocked on Bob’s door. He was sharing with Mikey and Ray once again, but he hoped that the other two were gone or something. This wasn’t something that he wanted to talk to the older Bryar about in front of anyone else. He was scared shitless enough as it was. What if Bob told him no? What if Bob beat his ass for even asking? Those were the questions that coursed through his mind as he waited for someone to answer his call.

Finally, the door was wrenched open, revealing a half-asleep Bob standing there in nothing but his boxers, running a hand through his blonde hair. “Frank? What do you want?” Bob asked, furrowing his brows in the harsh light that was coming in from the hallway.

Frank cleared his throat, awkwardly running a hand across the back of his neck. “I…um…well, I was wanting to talk to you, if that’s okay?”

“Now?”

“Yeah. I want to do it before Mercy wakes up and realizes I’m gone.”

Bob heaved a sigh and stepped back, opening the door wide to allow Frank inside. He could hear snores coming from one of the back rooms, and he realized that everyone but himself must still be asleep. It wasn’t his fault. He was having a bit of trouble sleeping lately, thinking about nothing other than asking Bob and about his and Mercy’s future, both the good and bad. He moved into the small living room and folded himself onto the couch, his fingers going to drum his thighs as he waited for Bob to join him.

Yawning, the drummer sat down in the chair across from Frank, rubbing his eyes with one of his fists. Finally, he settled down, peering at Frank with the familiar blue eyes that were so much like Mercy’s. “Alright, Frank. What’s this about?”

He swallowed hard, once more nervously running a hand across the back of his neck. He trained his eyes on anything but Bob. He didn’t think he could look into those blue eyes at the moment. He was so damn nervous!

“Um, you know that I love Mercy, right?” he asked, blushing furiously.

He could almost hear Bob rolling his eyes. “Yes, Frank. Get on with it.”

“IwantomarryMercy.”

There. He had said it. Frank had told Bob that he wanted to marry his sister. He brought his hazel eyes to meet Bob’s confused ones. Obviously he didn’t understand what Frank was asking, because it had come out so fast.

“What?”

Breath, Frank. Breath. It’s going to be alright. Bob is not going to kill you.

“I’d like to ask Mercy to marry me. But I want your permission first,” Frank said, his voice shaking the tiniest bit. He took a deep breath, then continued on. “Bob, you know I love Mercy more than life itself. And I know that we haven’t been together that long. But I can’t see myself in the future without her by my side. She’s such an amazing person, both on the inside and out. I’d be the happiest man in the world if she would share her life with me, but I’d like to have your blessing.”

He held his breath, waiting for Bob to say something. But the drummer’s face was aloof. He stared at Frank intensely, obviously thinking really hard about what Frank had just said. Frank continued drumming his fingers on his legs, biting at his bottom lip, continuously reminding himself that he needed to breath to survive.

Finally, a smile graced Bob’s features. “Of course you have my blessing. Frank, I’ve never seen my sister more happier than she is when she’s with you. I don’t think I’d allow anyone else but you marry her. You have my full support,” he said, nodding once to emphasize his point.

Frank literally squealed with happiness. He jumped off of the couch and wrapped Bob into a hug. The drummer laughed, playfully trying to push the small man away from him. “Welcome to the family, dipshit,” he said, ruffling Frank’s already messy hair.

He hopped up and down clapping his hands. “Oooh, Bob! Will you go stay with Mercy? I want to go and get the ring!”

Bob stood, arching a brow. “When exactly are you going to ask her?”

Frank shrugged. “I’m not sure yet. But I know that I want to get the ring.”

**********Mercy’s POV**********

She let out a groan as she rolled over, a hand going to rub her face furiously. She had fallen into bed last night, completely passing out before Frank had even gotten a chance to join her. Being on the road was exhausting, and it was really starting to hit her. She didn’t think she had ever felt so tired in her life. Mercy yawned loudly, bringing her arms up over her head as she stretched languidly. It was then that she felt another presence in the room.

Mercy froze, her eyes clenched shut, her arms still above her head. She could tell it wasn’t Frank. Yet, she wasn’t sure who it was. She opened her eyes just the slightest inch to reveal Bob leaning against the wall, an amused expression on his face while his arms were crossed over his chest.

“Fuck, Bob! You scared the hell out of me!” Mercy exclaimed, sitting up in bed as she pulled her tank top down from where it had risen while she stretched.

He chuckled as he stood straight, moving over to sit down next to her on the bed. The mattress creaked softly and sunk in under his weight, making her own small frame shift slightly. She smiled as she tucked her legs underneath her, running a hand through her messy black hair.

“So, would you care to explain to me why you’re in my hotel room this early in the fucking morning?” she asked, arching a brow.

Bob scoffed, putting a hand over his heart, feigning offense. “What? Am I not allowed to see my sister?”

Mercy rolled her eyes. “Bob, you suck at lying.”

He gave her a cheesy grin, nodding. “Yeah, I know. So do you, remember?” he retorted, reaching over and wrapping his arms around her, pulling her close.

Like Frank, Bob was the only person on the earth who could really get away with holding her like this without making her feel uncomfortable. Bob was her only family, really, so she forced back any sense of unease with him. She closed her blue eyes and wrapped her arms around his waist, snuggling into his chest. It felt like forever since she had been held by him, since she had really spent much time with him. She missed it, to be honest. She knew that he had his moments when he was a complete asshole, but he was still her brother, and she loved him regardless.

“Bobert?”

“Hm?”

“I love you, fucker.”

**********Time Elapse**********

Mercy had just gotten out of the shower and was pulling on clothes when Frank reappeared, a giddy smile on his round face. It had been about an hour and a half since Bob had showed up in her bedroom that morning, and the whole while, she wondered where Frank had gone. Her brother, the stubborn ass, wouldn’t let her know though. He just kept giving her a knowing smile, shaking his head as though he knew this great secret.

She smiled as she pulled her t-shirt over her head. When her face was finally showing once more, she opened her arms out for Frank. He practically jumped into them, picking her up and swinging her around, making her laugh loudly as she grasped his shoulders tightly. He seemed to be overly happy that day, and she was glad. She hated it when they both sunk into a depression, though she was glad that she had someone to go through it with, she hated the sad look on his face, the way his eyes went dimmer. It nearly broke her heart.

“So, where have you been all morning?” she asked once that he had sat her down once more.

He gave her a cheesy smile. “I can’t tell you that. Silly. It’s a surprise. But, I’m glad that you’re dressed. We’re going out today,” he said, moving away from her to pick up her shoes before tossing them to her.

Mercy caught them, a brow arching over her eye as she sat on the edge of the bed to pull them on. She knew that she shouldn’t even ask where they were going. He wouldn’t tell her. He never did. However, he shocked the hell out of her by coming out and saying it bluntly.

“We’re going to the Old Town Square Market today. I figured we’d have lunch. Have those sidewalk artists draw us with big heads. Just be tourists today. How does that sound? We’ll even force Ray to let us borrow his camera,” he said, grinning broadly as he patiently waited for her to finish tying her shoes.

She grinned and nodded as she stood, throwing a light jacket over her small frame. Frank took up her hand and they left the hotel room, stopping by Ray’s to get his camera. Once that was in hand, they left the building to get into a taxi. It was a short drive, maybe five minutes. The taxi dropped them off outside of a small town square that was surrounded by old looking buildings. Little white tents were set up in the square where people were hawking their merchandise. Small birds were covering the statue in the center, along with the ground around it. People sat outside of coffee shops, enjoying their afternoon. It wasn’t overly warm, but it wasn’t overly cool. It was perfect.

Frank led her over to the tents and they began looking around, every now and then stopping to take pictures of the buildings and of each other. They laughed their asses off when they made silly faces, or when Frank tripped over a rock, nearly knocking over some man’s easel. They repaid him by sitting down in his chair and allowing him to draw them, her on his lap with her arms wrapped around his shoulders, an easy smile on both of their faces. When he was done, he handed them the portrait and they paid him before walking a bit away to admire the work.

Mercy giggled, pointing at the Frank in the picture. “You look silly,” she told him, smiling up at him.

He scowled, crossing his arms. “I do not. I look gorgeous.”

She nodded, agreeing with him with a kiss. “Silly, but gorgeous.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<333

Image Guide:

Old Town Square Market:

Clicky

Comments?

<333
PhoenixRising