Adolescent Suicide

Part Nine;;

“Gerard, you’re a fucking whore.”

She had just come out of the bathroom, fully dressed but still wringing her hair out with a towel. He let out that familiar giggle as he stirred his coffee with a spoon. Mercy scowled and shoved him aside so that she could get her own addiction. They were all glad that they had the day off, that it wouldn’t be until tomorrow that they actually had to start working. Mercy doubted that any of them were sincerely ready to begin touring once more. Her, least of all.

Mercy had every right to be weary of her circumstances. She knew that the boys had promised that nothing would happen to her, but there were times when things were out of their hands. She knew that as soon as she got on that tour bus, things were going to go to hell. It was just bound to happen. And she was scared shitless. What if there was some crazed European fan who wanted her dead as well? What if there was a repeat of the escapade with The Faithless? Would she be able to survive again? Or will this time be the end?

A knock on the door brought her out of her thoughts. Turning, she threw her towel at Gerard, hitting him square in the face before exiting the small kitchenette. She didn’t even look through the peephole. Mercy just opened the door wide, bringing her cup up to her lips. However, she had to quickly pull it away, holding it far out to her side because she was practically tackled by Mikey, who had probably had about six cups of coffee that morning, judging by his extreme hyper activeness. And she thought Frank was bad.

“Mercy! Ohmygosh! I haven’t seen you in like, eight hours! It was excruciating!” Mikey yelled, throwing his arms around her in a deathlike hug.

She arched a brow over her blue eyes as she sent a look at her brother, clearly asking him what the hell Mikey was on, since he was starting to squeeze the air right out of her.

“Um, I missed you too Mikes. Now, could you please let go? I’m suffocating,” she told him, giving him a sweet smile.

He giggled, and she was instantly reminded of Gerard’s little interference just earlier while her and Frank had been in the shower. The Way brothers really had it in for her this morning. Or something like that. Maybe they had previously decided that today would be their day to be overly irritating, just to make Mercy go insane.

“Don’t look at me. I didn’t allow him to have six cups of coffee,” Bob responded to her look, jabbing a thumb over his shoulder at Ray, who had a sheepish smile on his face. “Besides, I just woke up.”

Mikey removed himself from Mercy and made his way towards the kitchen. Her eyes went wide and she held out a hand to stop him. “Mikey! No more coffee!” she exclaimed, shaking her head at him.

He pouted at her for a second before continuing on his way. Mercy sighed heavily, shaking her head at Ray. He looked so damn guilty that she had no problems believing Bob when he said that the guitarist was behind all of it. Oh, he was going to get it. Especially if Mikey was like this all day.

Mercy turned and headed into the kitchen right as Frank appeared. She looked him up and down, then shook her head, chuckling. “Frank. Darling. Those are my pants.”

He gave her a cheesy grin before kissing her on the forehead. “I know. But I likes them. Can I wear them? Pleeeeeease?” he begged, jutting out his bottom lip.

She rolled her eyes playfully. “Of course. But if you stain them, I’m going to be forced to ground you to your room,” she said, pointing a finger at him in a motherly way.

Frank gave her a seductive look, wrapping his arms around her waist. “Well, since we share a room, I guess it won’t be that bad.”

Horny bastard.

“GUYS! Keep that to yourselves!” Gerard said, his eyes wide.

“Jealous whore,” Mercy retorted, smirking before turning back to Frank. “What are we doing today?”

“We are going out. Alone. For once,” he said, nodding in emphasize.

For what felt like the millionth time that morning, Mercy arched a brow. “Oh really?”

“Yes, really. So, eat your damn breakfast so that we can get going.”

**********Time Elapse**********

“Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank. Where are we going?” she whined for the third time in five minutes.

“Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeercy. Shut up! You’ll see when we get there.”

Mercy pouted, crossing her arms at her chest in the backseat of the taxi. They were zooming through the streets of London and she was quite lost. She had been that way since they made the first turn. There were so many streets, and most of them were narrow. Not to mention that the taxi driver drove like a freaking maniac. She could’ve sworn that her life flashed before her eyes at least three times.

The driver careened around another corner, making Mercy fly into the door with an ‘oomph’. She winced as her head hit the window. “Ow,” she muttered, rubbing her head as she scooted closer to Frank now that they were going in a straight line, glaring at the back of the driver’s head.

Frank let out a small giggle as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “Aw, are you okay?” he asked, moving her hand to look at the spot. “You’re bleeding a bit, but I’m sure you’ll live.”

“That hurt like a son of a bitch. How much longer till we get there?”

Thankfully, at the same moment, the taxi came to a halt. Frank pulled away from her to hand the guy some cash, not even bothering to say thank you, since he had managed to hurt Mercy in what was supposed to be a safe trip through London. He opened the door before stepping out, extending a hand to Mercy. She took it thankfully, giving him a small smile. She was starting to get a massive headache, but all that disappeared when she got a good look around her.

They had stopped right in front of Buckingham fucking Palace. The guards were situated outside of the gates, standing extremely still with expressionless faces. This was one of the places that she had always wanted to go to. Actually, she had just wanted to go to Europe, but to actually visit specific places that had filled her dreams was amazing. Her jaw dropped, her eyes went wide. She vaguely felt Frank wrap his arms around her after shutting the taxi door.

“So, here’s what I have planned. At each city, I’m going to take you out to one of the local attractions. I know you’ve never been to Europe, and I want you to enjoy it,” he said, snuggling into her neck.

She brought a hand to his chin, grinning like a fucking madman. “Mr. Iero, have I mentioned how much I love you?”

He put a thoughtful expression on his face. “Well, not today.”

Mercy giggled, shaking her head. “I love you, Frankie,” she whispered before placing a gentle kiss on his lips.

**********Time Elapse***********

“That’s what you get!” she exclaimed through hysterical laughter.

Herself and Frank were leaning up against a wall of a coffee shop, Frank holding his stomach in pain, her in laughter. They had spent the last half hour in front of Buckingham Palace, amusing themselves by making funny faces at the guards, telling rude jokes. Whatever they could think of to get them to laugh or move. But none did. That is, until Frank placed one of his hands on the sleeves of the guard’s uniform so that he could get eyelevel with the guy without falling over.

The result?

Butt stock to the stomach.

“It’s not funny Mercy! That guy could’ve ruptured something!” Frank whined, grimacing as he pulled up his shirt to reveal an almost perfect circular bruise.

Tears streamed down her face in her silent laughter. She couldn’t even get the words out. His face had been priceless when the end of the weapon collided with his stomach. He had fallen to the ground with a grunt, holding onto his stomach as the guard resumed his position. Of course, she had gone to him, asking if she was alright. But while asking, she had been laughing like a fucking hyena.

Frank shook his head as he pulled his shirt back down. However, she could see the faint smile creeping up his face. He had to admit, it was funny. It had been an accident, but yet, he had to pay for it. And that bruise was going to last awhile, a constant reminder to not touch the guards of the Palace unless you wanted to get your ass kicked.

Shaking his head once more, he grasped her hand, tugging her into the shop for a cup of coffee. The outside air had chilled them both to the bone, and it was starting to drizzle a bit, making it much worse. The warmth of the shop started thawing her toes as she pulled her coat off, slinging it over her arm. They ordered their drinks, then went and sat down at one of the booths. Mercy had finally pushed her laughter back, but a grin still gave her a warm glow.

“I’m so glad that you find my pain amusing,” Frank muttered, rolling his eyes.

She chuckled as she tucked her feet underneath herself. “I’m sorry hun. But it was priceless. If you would’ve seen your face, you would’ve been laughing too.”

Half of his lips titled upward as he peered at her, his head slightly tilted to the side. He brought a hand up and cupped her cheek before kissing her softly. “It’s okay. I’m just glad to see that smile. I’ve missed it.”

Mercy blushed furiously, casting her eyes downward. Their coffee arrived at that moment and they both went silent, enjoying the warm liquid as it cascaded down their throats, warming them to the very core. The rain outside began to fall harder, hitting the window panes in a steady stream. The unfamiliar voices around the room seemed almost alien to her, yet comforting at the same time.

“You look lost in thought.”

She looked over at Frank, smiling awkwardly before nodding. “Yeah. I was just thinking about the rain. And about the voices around us. The accents make them sound weird, but not in such a bad way.”

Frank chuckled, shaking his head as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. “You are a strange one, you know that?”

Mercy nodded, a childish smile coming over her face as she peered up at him. “I know. But that’s why you love me.”

“That I do. That I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<333

Comments?

<333
PhoenixRising