Give Me What I Need, Give Me A Reason To Believe

Parent-Teacher.

"Dr Atkins?" I walk into the small classroom, "How nice to meet you, I'm Alexia's teacher," I smile and nod.

"Lovely to meet you,"

"So Alexia, what can I say she's a wonderful child," I just smile; it was all I could do in this environment.

"I mean she always works hard, both English and maths she finds easy. Science a bit of a struggle but that's like all children. In all other subjects she's got so much potential. But music" the teacher pauses and looks over an old report, "she has such a talent, she loves music so much. A wonderful singer loves the choir we hold here!" That didn't surprise me.

"I try to encourage her music as well as everything else!"

"You're a musician are you not?" she asks me.

"Umm yes, kind of," she nods as if she expected that.

"I see you don't work any more?"

"No I work, just music took a back set!" the teacher nods, I know she's judging me, I hate that feeling.

"I know what you mean. Alexia always talks so highly of you," I just laugh.

"She's a wonderful girl Dr Atkins, you're very lucky!"

"I know. I'm so proud of her!"

"There's just one thing," I look up at the teacher, "we talked about jobs our parents do and well" she pauses; I knew where this was going. "She said her father was a rock star, now we encourage our children to have imaginations, but we would like them to know where fantasy stops and reality starts!"

"Yes I encourage that as well!"

"Then this rock star thing," she sighs. I look at the teacher; she looked like she was in her 50s, probably disagreed with me a 26 year old woman with a 7 year old daughter. Single parent, but with a PhD for geology behind her because my life was important to me.

"This rock star thing I question?" she looks at me as if I'm mad.

"Miss- Dr Atkins, we'd rather she didn't make up things like that in our lessons," I raise my eyebrows.

"She didn't make it up,"

"Oh well," the women stutters looking very worried.

"Mrs." I look at her name tag "Mrs. Murphy, my daughter did not lie about that. But if you don't want her saying things like that I am very sorry but there is nothing I can do, I've brought her up to the truth," I push my chair out but the teacher stops me.

"Dr Atkins I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend," I sigh and nod.

"It's okay. Thank you for seeing me."

"Your welcome, you've got a wonderful daughter who I predict to do so well this year,"

"Thank you," I mutter before leaving the classroom.
I smile at other parents as I walk out of the room people smile at me but some just glare. Well I guess it's difficult to understand my life for them, I smile slightly they knew nothing because though I missed a few things in my life I had so much enjoyment. I wasn't one of these singles mum's who hated life; I was one who lived for everything. Like most parents my daughter is my world, and my friends were the starts around the world.

"I'm home!" I call walking through the door,

"MUMMY!" I hear my beautiful daughter call.

"Yeah sweetie?" I put my bag on the desk by the door and walk through to the living room. The sight that greets me makes me laugh. "Aww don't you look gorgeous!" I smile at my daughter, "and don't you look beautiful!" I laugh at Zacky who smiles broadly.

"Of course I do, I'm a princess aren't I Alexia?"

"Yes," she smiles at her uncle Zacky. Well not uncle but that's what she called him.

"Where's Elizabeth?"

"Here!" she walks in wearing a tiara and feather bower.

"Oh dear," I mutter laughing at all three of them. "You all look wonderful."

"Mummy?"

"Hmm?" I bend down and smile at my daughter as she puts her feather bower round my neck.
"Thank you hunny," I kiss her lightly and pick her up hugging her tightly. "Tired sweetie?" she nods rests her head on my shoulder.

"Uncle Zack?"

"Yep?" he looks up smiling at her.

"Hug?" I just smile and hand her to Zack.

"Want me to put her to bed?"

"Would you?"

"Course" he smiles and takes my daughter up to bed.

"I'll be up in a minute!" I call to her as I look to Elizabeth.

"How was it?"

"She's amazing at school but," I pause and fall onto the sofa "she said her dad was a rock star,"

"So?" Elizabeth turns to look at me slightly confused.

"The teacher thinks she's lying!" Elizabeth's eyes go wide.

"You're joking?"

"Not in the slightest," .she sighs and gives me a quick hug.

"You okay?"

"you know what I'm fine, because what ever that crazy teacher thinks of my life, I know Alexia's proud of her family!" Elizabeth smiles and nods at me.

"She loves the guys; I mean I've never seen Zack so happy to put make up on!"

"Aww that's sweet," I laugh and look around at the glitter eye shadow and lip stick sitting on the sofa. This was pretty much my wonderful life.

Elizabeth's POV
"That kid is cute," Zack randomly says as we walk out of Rhian's house.

"Yeah, the cutest," I mutter not being a big fan of kids myself.

"What's with you?"

"D'ya think Jimmy knows anything about Alexia's life?" Zack looks at me and shrugs.

"I don't know, I guess?"

"Exactly!"

"What?" he looks at me confused.

"Jimmy never mentions the kid, but you, Syn, Matt and Johnny you can't shut up about her. Not that I'm complaining!" Zack laughs slightly and opens the car door for me.

"It's hard for him, he never sees her."

"Whose faults that?" I mutter to myself, Zack doesn't hear.

"I think he cares about her, its just hard for him,"

"You said," I mutter shutting the door and flicking the radio switch. I needed to chill.

"Elizabeth?"

"Hmm?"

"D'ya ever think about us having kids?" I look round at him and my eyes go wide. "That's all I wanted," he laughs at me, I hit his thigh

"Bastard!"

"You don't know how much that look makes me laugh!" he cracks up as he starts up the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Old story
x