‹ Prequel: My Secret...

Absolute Control.

"If I didn't care about you, I'd dump you on the street, right now."

We pulled in front of the taxi, and got out. The driver was freaking out, till Lenard took care of that. I grabbed Maxine, and Nathan innocently got Liam. Liam was starting to cry, till Xavier brought out a toy for him. We yanked them in the SUV and sped off. It was smooth, and productive. No one noticed, and the taxi driver doesn't recall anything that happened.

"What the hell is going on?!" Maxine screamed at me, as Nathan sped back to my place.

"Skyler wants Liam." I went straight to the point, and she sat there frozen.

"You told him about Liam?! Why?!" She went to slap me, but I grabbed her wrist and pinned her back.

"Actually, I didn't. Oh smart one, if you remember. You fucking put it in the magazine, so next time you plan to try to physically harm me as a result of something I supposedly did, make sure it was me in the first place." I spat and shoved her wrist back before releasing it.

"Oww." She whined, and rubbed her hand; while staring out the window. "I hate you."

"Sorry, love. It's not mutual." I sarcastically apologized, glaring out the other window. "And this being the first time I see my son is-" I couldn't even finish the sentence. I couldn't even look in the back seat, where Liam is in his car seat to see him. I just stared out the window. "I can say, I hate you for holding him away from me."

"You know why I did." She whispered.

"No, actually I don't. I was different than my father. I want more for Liam, but instead. You've turned me into some...monster." I choked out, then continued to stare out the window. "To hold me away from my son for over a year." Tears welled in my eyes, but I had to fight them back. It was unmanly to cry, it's weak.

"Lucas." She muttered, but I shook my head.

"I don't want to hear it Maxine, and if I didn't care about you. I'd dump you on the street right now." I harshly admitted, and waited to make it home. She didn't say another word, and the ride was quiet.

We made it to the house, and Maxine got out, grabbing Liam. I knew she wouldn't run, because she knew it'd be a stupid move. That was one thing I love about Maxine, she's very smart and not weak. She doesn't put up with shit, unlike Lynni and Damiena.

"Where are we sleeping?" Maxine finally spoke, referring to her and Liam.

"I made up a room." I assured, and she followed me. It was odd, I spent over a year doing nothing but prepping. I always hoped that Maxine would forgive me, and we could be a family. I even made a nursery for Liam.

"Wow." She breathed out as I opened the door.

"I don't know what his favorite color is, but I enjoy a deep red." I shrugged, straightening out the dark blue blanket on the bed that has sponge bob on it. "I also like the cartoon." I added, with a weak smile.

"Liam obviously likes it." Maxine pointed out as he squirmed in her arms. He got on the floor and immediately went to the sponge bob doll, hugging it. I took a step back and stared at him with disbelief. That's my son. He brings a whole new meaning to my life. "Lucas."

"Don't worry about it." I cut her off and left the room. I went to the security box, and clicked the green button. There's bars on every window, and the doors were bolted shut.

"Are we staying here too?" Nathan spoke on behalf of them all.

"If you want." I answered, and they all shrugged.

"Kristen is waiting for me." Bailey was the first to decline, at which I nodded in respect.

"Yeah, I'm going to go too." Lenard added, again I nodded. Soon all of them left, and I re-armed the place. I took a seat on the sofa then remembered, Damiena. I quickly grabbed a few sodas and hurried down to her.

"Hello?" I called and she silently moved to the bars.

"I finished the food." She sighed, pushing the plate forward.

"I'm sorry about all this." I apologized. She gave me a shocked expression and slowly blinked.

"You're an odd one." She mumbled, taking a seat on the bed.

"I know." I mumbled, with a sigh. "I don't know anymore."

"You don't know what?" She asked.

"I finally got to see my son." A tear slid down my cheek.

"Son?" She repeated, and I nodded.

"Yes. Liam." I lightly smiled and with a sigh, returned my eyes to the floor.

"Is that why you're doing this?" She suggested, and I shrugged.

"I don't even remember." I mumbled.

"You can let me go." She reminded me, something she always says.

"I have to much riding, if you leave and I get caught. My son is screwed." It was a form of an apology that she didn't understand.

"Why?" She whispered.

"I want to show you something." I quietly informed, standing up and going to a switch. Once I turned it on, it was bright and Damiena glanced around. It was like a studio down here, there's a bed, a small kitchen and a bathroom. "If you promise not to escape, you can live down here. Till I can get rid of the problem."

"What problem?" She furrowed her brows.

"For one, my father. And for two, my anger." I honestly answered, and opened the cage door. "I stocked it all with food. And if you want, I can get your boy down here too." I suggested.

"No. I'm fine." She mumbled, slowly leaving the cage. She glanced towards the stairs, as if she contemplated running up them. But instead, she turned to the little area and took a seat on the couch.

"You haven't eaten a lot." I mumbled.

"No." She stared down at the floor.

"Get your energy. You might need it tonight." I grinned, then walked up the stairs. I closed the door, and locked the dead bolt, even put the bar across the door to keep it from ever opening. I turned around with a grin, and shut the closet door that's hiding the door that leads to Damiena.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this isn't becoming boring. I'm trying to spice it up. lol. Thanks for reading. :]