‹ Prequel: My Secret...

Absolute Control.

"How do they know my name?"

I was at her house again, this time I watched her go to my friends house and interview him.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, and eyed her down.

"I like to chat with my neighbors." She lied, and I laughed.

"Neighbors? You live on this block?" I quirked a brow, and noticed her casual attire.

"Yes." She was taken back by my question, and that made me grin.

"Shame, I thought a good looking girl like you lived some where nicer." I mused and she glared at me.

"Well, Lucas Demoncre." She grinned, and I quirked a brow.

"How do you know my last name?" I glared, and she simply smiled.

"Not by your supposed friend here." She answered, and I rolled my eyes. That was obvious.

"Have you told anyone?" I inquired, and she simply smiled at me widely.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She retorted, thanked my 'friend' then walked back to her house. I rushed to her side, and kept my hands in my pockets.

"What is your fascination with me?" I demanded, and she laughed.

"What is yours with me?" She repeated, and I chuckled.

"You think I have a fascination with you?" I laughed as if she was dreaming. I could tell she was slightly embarrassed, but deep down she knew that she was right.

"You've been hanging around my house, haven't you?" She asked, staring at me with a glint in her eyes.

"Madam, I don't even know where you live." I stated and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure, Lucas." She got serious now, and glared at me. "I can have professional finger print tests done."

"Do it." I challenged, and she narrowed her eyes.

"I'm done playing, Lucas. I am going to find out everything I can about you, I'm pretty sure you're behind something." She hissed and I chuckled.

"I'm obviously not behind you." I winked and she groaned.

"Stay away from me." She demanded and quickened her pace. I caught up easily to her and chuckled. "This is considered stalking, and I can arrest you."

"How so? You know my friend lives down the street, and I am walking this way to get home." I excused and she let out a frustrated growl; something that drove me wild.

"I'm going to make it my personal mission to get you, Lucas." She growled, and continued walking.

"Maybe instead of trying to scheme a plan against me, you should try to work with me. Maybe I've seen something that might be useful?" I suggested, and she considered it for a moment.

"That's doubtful." She mumbled and stopped at her front door.

"A good detective, puts their personal feelings aside." I explained and continued walking. Suddenly I heard her footsteps behind me, so I paused and turned around.

"Fine, I'll ask only one question." She breathlessly informed, and I grinned.

"Okay." I shrugged, and she sighed.

"Do you know anyone of the name Laramor? Maybe a drug dealer? Or something linked?" She inquired, and I quirked a brow.

"Laramor?" I repeated and she nodded. "What of it?"

"Can't say." She explained. "The others think I'm kind of crazy, but I know I'm not."

"That doesn't really sound like a name, maybe a brand?" I suggested, and she thought about it.

"Do you know anything or not?" She went straight to the point, and I shook my head.

"My apologies, but if I hear anything, I'll let you know." I winked and left her there.

Once I got home, I called Nathan.

"Thought you wanted to be left alone?" His voice came through the phone, along with crunching.

"Quit eating, and listen." I demanded, and heard him pause.

"Someones grouchy?" He chuckled, continuing to eat.

"They have my name." I was panicking for once in my life, and that's when Nathan got quiet.

"Your name?" He repeated.

"Yes, idiot. My name. How do they have my fucking name?" I growled, and Nathan sighed.

"Maybe one of the witnesses said it before we wiped their memory?" Nathan suggested, and this time I sighed.

"That would make sense." I agreed, and took in a deep breath. "She said that no one believed her."

"She?" Nathan was nosy, but I couldn't blame him.

"Yes, she. An officer." I explained and he laughed.

"Oh Lord, you know what this means right?" He questioned and I quit laughing.

"Yep." I answered, glad to know he was ready for the same thing I have been wanting to do for a very long time. As long as Nathan doesn't know that I've wanted to do this for a long time, I'm in the clear. Now to plot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun, and the plot thickens. :]