Status: Completed

Sticks & Spirals

Epilogue

Time wore on and unexpected changes hit me and my best friends who count for my family continuously throughout the summer.
I watched as all of the guys I’m closest to the most got traded away, and some of them taking my best friends with them.
Kris left with Rhyne.
Adam left.
Frazzle Dazzle left.
Eags left.
And worst of all, with the news about Kris coming in second, is that my cousin was traded away from me. Andrew left for Atlanta, and I suddenly realize how alone I was without everyone with me. My list of close friends dramatically decreased to Hjalm, and my fiance.
But I got on. Made new friends, became closer friends with the ones I had. But I never lost my cousin nor Kris. Nope. Dumb and dumber are still my number one and two people. Well... after Brent of course.
We married that winter after the Hawks won the Cup when there was a break in the schedule. It was a fairly small wedding, with most of the Hawks and just our families and close friends there. And since the majority of our close friends consist of former and present Hawks, it was small.
I dazzled in my wedding dress that totally fit my personality, as well as showed off all of my best features. I could only wear small heels though, due to my knee, but my naturally tall height made up for it.
Brent looked absolutely perfect. Not a hair out of place, a glow in his eyes... I couldn’t ask for someone else. We have our differences, but we know how to work through them and our love is greater then anything and we can work through whatever is thrown at us.
The both of us wrote our own vows that had all the women tearing up by the end. At the kiss, our small crowd erupted with cheers.
And then the party began.
I really couldn’t have asked for a better wedding. Honestly. I had so much fun and I married my better half.
After the wedding, things went back to normal Brent and I would have our official honeymoon during that summer. The summer of 2011. But for now, we just lived as we did, with a little but more... activity here and there.
I found a job of training figure skaters, that way even though I can’t do it myself anymore, I’m still around the sport that made me who I am. And I never really thought that it would be so much fun to teach young kids the art of figure skating, but I have so much fun with them, and I savor my time with these kids. Especially when Brent is away for games.
The Hawks were kicked out of the playoffs in the first round, so Brent and I took our honeymoon early. Not that either of us were complaining. We went on a cruise, and it was absolutely fabulous.
We received visits from all our friends through the summer. But eventually, hockey season came again and it was time to get back to work.
But about three months after our first year anniversary that was in December, I got a pleasant surprise.
“Brent!” I called excitedly as he opened the front door after hockey practice.
“Woah!” he shouted as I throw myself at him, knocking him off balance. “Why, hello there. Can I help you?” he asked, laughing before pressing his lips to my cheek.
“Well, maybe.” I grinned mischievously. “I have something to tell you.”
Brent looked at me before taking off his coat and hanging it up. “What?”
“We’re pregnant!”
He bright hazel eyes met mine instantly. “Are you serious?” I nodded excited, my blonde hair flowing around me. My husband broke into a huge grin and started laughing before picking me up and swinging me around as we embraced. “That’s amazing!” He kissed me. “I’m so excited.” He kissed me again. “I love you so much.” Another kiss.
I laughed and shoved him away. “I love you too, Mr. Brent Seabrook. More then you know.”
Our happiness is now completely.
Through all our hardships and arguments, Brent and I ended up as one. Who knew? I guess it is 100% completely true when they say that opposites attract.
And although our lives have just begun, the story of Sticks & Spirals has come to an end. The story of how one hockey player and one figure skater work through their differences and become a couple.
Therefore, one chapter of our lives has ended. But another has only just begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
And so it has ended. I know it isn't much, but I just hate ending my stories so I have a bad habit of just sorting ending it. It's just easier that way.
I hope everyone enjoyed Vanna's ride, and I also hope that everyone continues to read my other stories. I have begun writing my Viktor Stalberg story, called A Broken Promise, so I hope everyone reads that one too.
And I just want to thank you, my fans, for your incredible support!

P.S. This is Vanna's wedding dress if you want a visual: http://www.ybridal.com/media/catalog/product/f/i/file_7_4.jpg