Sequel: Torque II

Torque

Bringing Back Memories

Torque and Violet left the mansion together. Aria's and the Dark Reign's words rang out in his head. His mother said it may be his last yet those things said he wasn't to get hurt.

Torque decided that he was going to make this day a pleasant one if he had the possiblility of death. He took Violet to the Ice Cream Parlor. Got her an ice cream (raspberry of course) and then took her to the cathedral. They sat a top the spire again, staring over at the city. He didn't fiddle with his revolver this time but spoke to Violet about how he could defeat Beral.

"You could sacrifice yourself, like Jin."

"I don't intend on doing that. Is he immune to anything but being sent back by sacrifice?"

"No. There are other methods. But they're so hard you may as well not attempt them."

"Tell them to me."

"Well, you could kill him with his own blade. But there is so little chance of him losing his blade, you can discard that."

"Ok."

"You could make him drink his own blood. There own blood is like a fast acting poison to daemons."

"Anything else?"

"I'm getting there!" She said and nudged him. "Decapitation. But he'll be wearing war armour so it's out of the question. Ummm... There is also use of a soul orb and incasing him in it. Unfortunately, the location to the last known orb is on the other side of the world. Then there are some really obscure ones."

"What like? They can't be any worse."

"Actually. There is one that was supposedly one that was slipped into the contract that says you could put a pair of ladies garments on him. Bra and knickers." She gave a harsh laugh. "Supposedly some sort of prankster god or something."

Torque couldn't help but laugh at the idea of a daemon lord in lady's underwear. "That would be fun to try."

"If you want to throw away your life." Violet said, biting into the Ice Cream cone. Torque looked at her. She seemed extremely serious and less hyper then usual so there must be something wrong.

"What's up Violet?" He inquired.

"I'm not allowed to fight with you."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't help defeat Beral."

"I'll be fine." He reassured her. It did nothing to improve her mood. "Anything else on your mind?"

Violet sighed. I should tell him. We may not be together for long. She concidered. She finished her ice cream and looked at him. Her eyes were bright, the violet highlighted in the light that was already diminishing. She pushed some of her hair behind her ear, a wisp of violet highlight refusing. She wrestled with it angrily and gave up, letting it fall down in its usual place next to her eye.

"I... I..." She looked away.

"Come on, you can tell me." He swinged a leg back over the wall. so one was resting on the spire floor, the other dangling over the drop. She looked back again, teary eyed.

"I think I love you." She blurted out as fast as she could and looked away again, wiping her eyes.

Torque's heart jumped in his chest, maybe even missed a beat in that jump. He smiled and reached round, resting his forefingers on the opposite side of her chin. He turned Violet's head to face him gently. Her violet eyes were swimming. He gave her a warm embrace. "I want to bring you back some memories." He said to her, drawing his sword.

"What are you going to do?" Violet said, looking from the blade to him. She still held tight.

"Forget you can fly for a moment and close your eyes." Torque said, clutching her tighter and silently driving his blade into the spire wall until it wouldn't budge. She did as she was told.

"What now?"

He lifted her up. "Don't open your eyes tell I tell you, ok?"

"Ok."

Torque stepped out onto the blade. he balanced, one foot on the blade, one on the hilt. "Open them." He said, tilting them forward, forcing the blade down in the stone so it was on a slant.

She opened her eyes and looked down. There was a look of fright on her face. "There are stairs."

"I know." He said shrugging. "This is just a faster way of getting where we're going." Torque jumped on the blade dislodging it, letting them fall. "Don't fly us out of this!" He yelled over the roar of the wind as they fell. He grabbed his blade again as they fell.

"You'll kill us!"

"Maybe. But we'll be happy I assure you." He kissed her lips, blade still in one hand. A shocked expression was on her face as he pulled out, oblivious to the approaching ground. Torque's trenchcoat fluttered behind him. He smiled and drove his blade to the wall again. Sparks began to fly from the blade as it slowed their desent. Violet was oblivious to this as well. She was still in shock.

They landed in a flowerbed gently. There was a groove where the sword had cut into the stone. Torque sheethed it again. "You alright?"

Violet just nodded, her lips in a mix of an overwhemed smile and shock. "What was that for? That kiss?"

"To make your day." He kissed her again, Violet tried to hold onto him this time before he pulled out.

She giggled histerically. "So where are we going?"

"To watch the sunset." He started running to the largest hill in Netropolice. It overlooked both the city and the ocean. As the sun went down, they watched the city lights come on below them, the ocean go a fiery red and then go out like a candle. Night soon engulfed the city.

"You know, there is still about 5 hours until I have to fight Beral." Torque commented, sitting next to her on the grass. Violet looked at him side on as he looked out to the view.

"What are you thinking?" She asked with a shrewed smile, violet eyes glowing faintly as they did in the dark.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." He replied mischieviously, his hand creeping to hers. She got the message and dived on him playfully. Violet put her hands on his head and kissed him deeply. Time flew by in that one kiss beyond anyones comprehention and the time of judgement drew near.