Sequel: Torque II

Torque

Come Morning

Torque slept sound that night. A disturbing dream didn't come to him, making his pattern augmented. Instead, dreams of his quieter runs came to him. The times in the ice cream parlour with Violet, the bartender slipping them freebees. Times they watched the sun go down on the pier. The time him and Violet were allowed the day off which they spent at the beach, Violet acting her usual energetic self, Torque reading his book under the sun, only to have his wet friend jump on him.

One time shon in his mind for a moment. They were on the cathedral roof. They were sat on the wall above a huge drop that'd probably mean their death if they should they slip. They looked across the entire of Netropolice, the view astonishing. Torque had sat fiddling with his revolver that day. Things in his periferal suddenly enhanced. Violet was right up next to him, her hand round his waist.

He continued to look at the outskirts of his vision. He noticed something, hooded and cloaked in his right field of vision. A Dark Reign. He tried to focus on what it was doing. It had paper, more like parchment, a quill, and he could just make out it's hands. They were white from what he could see. He couldn't see what the thing was writing but focussed none the less. The vision disappeared.

He was woken to the twilight on the horizon out of his windows. Violet was still hugged him comfortably and had nuzzled her face against his. It occured to him just how smooth her skin was. He squeezed her, only to have those violet eyes flick open and smile at him. It seemed not only her mouth's smile could show it's appreciation for seeing him. Her pushed her back a bit.

"Morning." She said happily, there was a kindly smile on her face, something more shining through. Violet hid it well but it was there. Torque just couldn't see what it was.

"Morning." He smiled back.