Status: Chapter 1 'The Night Is Ours' coming soon :)

It Could Have Gone That Way

Preface "It Could Have Gone That Way"

The sound of laughter filled the Great Hall at Hogwarts. The smell of jasmine and lily tickled her nose as she looked down upon the ring that now graced her finger. The stars shone through the milky enchanted ceiling, as floating candles dimly lit the large room. Music was echoing through the room with such enthusiasm, it sounded as though the walls themselves were singing. It was by far a celebration, a joyous magnification of this marvelous event. A wedding, the first wedding ceremony performed at Hogwarts, according to Professor Dumbledore, who happily agreed to marry the couple.

~*~*~

"May I have this dance?" Harry asked, holding his hand out to his lovely bride, his bright green eyes gazing deeply into her blue ones. Hermione blinked once, slowly as the corners of her lips, glossed with a shimmering subtle pink lip gloss, curved slowly upward into a smile. She slid her hand into his and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You can have every dance, love.." she said as Harry led her to the center of the dance floor where a dim spot light waited for the pair of them.

Hermione stood for one moment, her eyes locked on Harry, everything else in the room going fuzzy; She forgot there was a populace of friends and family, acquaintances and teachers standing around them, watching, waiting for the two of them to have their first dance as husband and wife. Harry turned his head to Professor Flitwick, who kindly agreed to take care of music and he began playing a song.. Harry and Hermione's song. "I Want To Hold Your Hand." by the Beatles.

As a few tears pushed forward toward Hermione's eyes she laced her fingers in one of Harry's hands and placed the other gingerly on his shoulder. Harry pulled his new bride close to him, his free hand settling itself on the small of her back. As the song started, he began moving to the beat, swaying gently back and forth. The faint whispers and subtle 'awws' didn't make it to Hermione's ears. The only thing in focus for her right now, the only thing that mattered was Harry. "I love you." she whispered, forming each word with tenderness and care.

Harry wanted to say 'I love you too', but instead he found a better way to tell her, a more..sentimental way. After pausing for a moment, to place his lips softly to Hermione's, Harry gently and in a low voice began singing as he danced with his wife. "Oh I'll, tell you something. I think you'll understand. And when I, say that something. I want to hold your hand."

Harry continued singing as Hermione wrapped both arms around his neck, and pressed her body to his, closing all gaps between them. Her head rested comfortably on his shoulder. His hands fit perfectly around her waist and he could smell the shampoo in her hair still.

As the song ended, the couple remained tangled in each other's arms, only being brought from their tranquility by the sound of clapping and whistles and the sound of "Congratulations!" being shouted throughout the room.

The reception continued like any other party. The bouquet was thrown into a rather large crowd of single witches; Hermione didn't turn around fast enough to see who actually caught the collection of lavender and pink flowers, as their was quite the ruckus going on over it. Harry, after a bit of encouragement from Ron, Neville, Dean and Seamus, removed Hermione's garder with his teeth and tossed it into the crowd of men, of course it was caught by none other than Harry's best friend and best man, Ron Weasley. Ron's ears turned a firey shade of scarlet after that and he made a vivid point of returning the small piece back to Hermione.

Once all the necessary dances were done and the cake had been eaten, Harry whisked Hermione into his arms and cleared his throat. The crowd went silent as they waited, ready for Harry to say what it was he looked so eager to say. "I'd like to thank each and every one of you for coming and celebrating with us today. We truly love you all. We wouldn't even be here if it weren't for you." he said, smiling around the room at the bright happy faces. "I'd like you all to stay and enjoy yourselves as long as you like, but Hermione and I have a honeymoon to get to." he noted, with somewhat of a smirk on his face, causing Hermione to giggle a bit, and blush at the same time.

Everyone drew their wands and made two rows of people leaving a small runway open in the center for Harry and Hermione. Professor Dumbledore, extended his arms and in the loudest voice he could muster, shouted, "On the count of three everyone.. One, two..THREE!" and with that Harry and Hermione, hand in hand, ran through the isle surrounded by friends and family as each of them shot ribbons and rose petals from the end of their wands. As the newlyweds mounted Harry's broom, they each gave one last look over their shoulder, and smiled to their loved ones, before riding off into the sunset as man and wife.