Status: Chapter 1 'The Night Is Ours' coming soon :)

It Could Have Gone That Way

Chapter 1, "The Night Is Ours"

The wedding was over; They were finally man and wife. Finally after all these years and all their struggles, they'd managed to make it to the altar and say 'I do.' Harry and Hermione had flown off into the sunset on Harry's broomstick. He hadn't told Hermione, where they were going. He wanted it to be a surprise. He recalled her saying something a few days before the wedding. She'd said, she wished she could spend the day with him, only him and hide from the world. So Harry, previous to the wedding, created an island, with a huge castle, dimly lit with moonlight and candles. A bed, covered with soft pillows and pink and white rose pedals. Upon arriving, Harry helped Hermione off the broom, and showed her what he'd created. Hermione then softly pressed her lips to his and smiled. "It's brilliant. I love it. I love you.." she said with tears in her eyes, as the honeymoon officially began.

~*~*~

"Can I go and see what's inside, love?" Hermione asked, her eyes glancing to the large castle, dim light shining in it's windows, obviously from candles. Harry lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it softly, "It's your castle. We can do whatever you like." he said, a bit of an anxious feeling fell into his stomache as they pushed open the large wooden doors and entered the castle he'd created just for this occasion.

Hermione gasped a little as her eyes traced the chandelier hanging from the ceiling. There were pictures of the two of them on the walls, going back as far as their first year at Hogwarts, each picture moving and waving of course. The circular marble staircase that led upstairs was covered with a trail of pink and lavender rose petals; Hermione was sure she knew where the trail led but she didn't say a word. The corners of her pink lips curved upward and she laced her fingers in Harry's. "Show me what else you've done?" she asked, trusting her voice not to trace the hint of sweet anticipation she was experiencing.

Harry smirked at the thought of getting closer to upstairs. And as she took his hand he gave a nod, and whispered, "Your wish is my command, Mrs. Potter." he said. Pausing to think how lovely that sounded. Mrs. Potter. He had waited so long to call Hermione that, and here they were, a happy ending finally coming true. It was such an empowering feeling for Harry. Most of his childhood, he spent believing that happy endings only existed in fairy tales and dreams were only for sleeping. But the lovely woman he was now leading upstairs had proven him wrong, she was his wife and she'd make him believe in happily ever after.
The walk up the stairs, would've seemed strenous to anyone else. But Hermione was so elated, she could barely feel her feet touching the steps beneath her.

As they finally reache the top of the stairs, the hall extended into a large round room. Two doors were closed infront of them. The roses trailed off to the door on the right. Hermione instantly knew that would be the bedroom Harry'd created. She was however, curious to what was inside the door on the left. "What's behind that door?" she asked, looking into Harry's green eyes. Harry chuckled, he'd expected her to ask about the less obvious one first.

"Something for later." he simply replied, leaning in and pressing his lips to hers, moving them slowly for a moment before reluctantly breaking the kiss.

Hermione stood by the door, her feet delicately standing on the rose petals and she swallowed looking up at Harry, "Are you..are you nervous, Harry?" she asked him, as the butterflies grew inside her stomache, curiosity shone brightly in her eyes.

Harry was a bit taken aback by her question. Of course he figured he'd be nervous and thought she might be too, but he wasn't expecting her to ask. Of course, this was Hermione and she had to analyze everything, even their feelings before they made love for the first time.
One of his hands still holding hers and the other adjusting the glasses on his nose, Harry cleared his throat and replied, "I.. well yeah, a bit. But in a good way." he added quickly, wanting her to know that he looked forward to being with her, in everyway possible. "Are you?" he asked, curious to how she'd answer.

"Yes." she simply stated, "But in a good way." she echoed as she turned the doorknob and stepped inside, pulling Harry in with her. He closed the door behind him as they entered. Sure, they were the only ones there but it seemed fitting to have the door closed. Hermione's eyes began taking in the room. It was beautiful; Soft lavender walls, floating candles on both sides of a large white bed, blanketed with silk sheets and rose petals of every color. A bottle of champagne and two glasses rested on a table just to her right and thin white curtains hung over the heart shaped window.

"Beautiful." she whispered in awe of Harry's work.

"Yes, you are." he replied, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. Careful, not to break his hold, Hermione shifted so that she was facing Harry, and she removed the vail from her head and gently tossed it aside, letting it fall gracefully to the floor. "That's better." she said, her voice soft and gentle.

Harry stood there, looking at Hermione, every ounce of love he felt for her, was seeping through his very pores, shining in his eyes. He knew she was the one, she was his wife and that he was ready for what would happen tonight. There would be no regrets and no second guessing. He wanted to please her. More than please her, he wanted to give her a night she'd never forget.

Hermione pecked his nose and turned from him, grabbing the champagne and glasses, pouring one for herself, and one for Harry. As she did so, Harry removed his jacket and vest, tossing them to the spot where her vail was resting. He untucked his white shirt and removed his tie as well. "That's better." he whispered as Hermione handed him the glass. "Thanks." he said simply.

Blinking a couple of times, Hermione took a step closer to him, mere inches between their bodies now and she held up her glass to his. "To us." she said, waiting for Harry to return the toast. "To us." he said and clicked his glass with hers causing a delicate ding. After they'd each taken a sip, Harry took the glass from Hermione's hand and his own and placed them back onto the table.

Turning around he beamed. She looked like an angel. Before moving, Harry took his glasses from his face and placed them on the table as well and he slowly began walking back to Hermione, a smile stretching across his face.

Hermione thought her lungs were going to explode at the sight of Harry walking toward her. He was so handsome. He was everything. Harry, upon reaching Hermione, placed his lips to her forehead. "I love you." he whispered as he moved his lips down her face, crushing them against hers. "I love you too." she said against the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck, as his tongue slid into her mouth.

Harry was going on gut instinct now. As they kissed he found the zipper on the back of her dress and slowly lowered it until it wouldn't descend any further. As he did this, he felt Hermione, undoing each of the buttons on his shirt until it fell open, and he felt the warmth of her hands on his bare skin.

Pulling his lips from hers, Harry slowly removed the dress from her body, letting it fall to the floor. His eyes widened at how stunning she was, and he moaned a bit as her skin shined in the dim candlelight. Hermione carefully stepped over the dress, and peeled the shirt from Harry's body, along with his pants and boxers.

After a brief moment of gazing at each other, Harry gently scooped her up into his arms and carried her to the bed. Carefully he lowered her onto the blanket of rose petals and placed his body ontop of hers...

~*~*~

"I thought it would be good, but I never imagined.." Hermione said, through short breaths as she snuggled closer to Harry under the satin sheets. Harry absentmindedly ran his finger up and down her arm and nodded, "Amazing. Beyond amazing." he replied, his voice deep and content. "I wouldn't mind doing it again." Hermione said, looking up at him smirking. Harry chuckled and kissed the tip of her nose, "Whatever you want, love. The night is ours."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, comments and suggestions are always appreciated. :)