St. Louis Boarding House

Chapter twelve, the dining hall.

I opened my eye's slowly, I loved it when I wasn't woken up by something. That being conscious was completely voluntary. The room was still dark, no one had opened the blinds yet. Sliver's of light crept through between the individual blinds hanging from the window. I sat up, rubbing my eye's softly, everything was still a little bit blurry. I looked around, all the bed's were empty except for Tory's and of course my own. I stepped out of bed, carefully placing my feet on the floor, making sure not to wake Tory. I walked towards my closet, quietly opening the door. I searched around for some clean clothes to wear, it was Saturday, but I still liked to look respectable. I pulled out a pair of dark blue jeans with small tear's in the knee's, a dark gray t-shirt and a light gray hoodie. I walked over to the door of our room to go to the bathroom, picking my dark red tennis shoe's off of the shoe rack.
After I was clean and presentable, I walked down stairs to the main area of the house. It was so quiet. I walked over to the dining hall, there was only one person in there. She was sitting at a table reading a book. It was rather surprising that she was home on a Saturday. She usually spent her weekends out in the city. Doing something stupid with one of her moronic friends. But instead she was here, at noon on a Saturday, in a dining hall, reading a book. I walked over and sat in front of her. There was a box of cereal and a carton of milk strategically placed around herself, as to make sure nothing was to be split on the pages of what seemed by looking at her a rather interesting book. I wanted to talk to her but I was too scared to interrupt her concentration so instead I sat here and watched her read.
An hour went past and I assumed she hadn't even noticed me yet. I just kept looking over. I didn't know she liked to read. She reached up to push a piece of hair out of her face, when she realized that I was sitting here. Sitting here watching her read. I probably seemed extremely creepy.

"K-K-Korey... What are doing here?" She asked, blushing.

"More importantly what are you doing here? Since when did you like to read?" I asked, smirking.

"It's for school,"

She was trying to hide the book, covering up the front cover. Just so I wouldn't see that it isn't actually for school.

"Since when did you care if you passed?"

"You know, aren't you scared? I could fail out of school if I failed this year,"

"Yes, you could but I had no idea that had any effect on you? I guess I was wrong,"

"Guess you were,"

She closed her book and went to stand up.

"Where are you going? Stay, lets chat," I smiled and she smiled back. This was going well.

"I guess,"

We talked for ages. About nothing. About everything. We laughed. We got serious. It was going so well. I was pretty sure she felt the same about me as I did about her, I was just too scared to make a move.
We kept talking when there was a sudden silence and she began to lean over the table, I leaned over also. We were close to kissing when Saru pushed the door open quickly. Both Peace and I falling back into our seats.

"Hey guys. What's happening? Why were you leaving over the table?" Saru asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Peace had an eyelash. Didn't you?" I said, with a look of innocence.

Peace smiled and nodded.
The rest of the day was extremely awkward.