Status: on hold;

We Must Reinvent Love

Brendon's Little Aislinn

Image

After paying for the dress, Brendon and I went down to the mall to search for a tie to match it. We walked hand in hand, receiving many smiles from approving parents and other couples that we just as happy as we were. Brendon pointed towards the elevator and we did our usual weird, walk in backwards tradition. Don’t ask how we started it.

“Excuse me, boy.” An old raspy voice came from behind us. We both jumped and turned to see an old white man, frowning at us.

“Hello, sir.” Brendon said with a polite smile.

“Who is that…that…thing with you?” I looked at the man and raised my eyebrow. “Yeah you. Don’t you know you should be with your own race? Black and white is just disgusting. Don’t mix and mess up the DNA.” Tears were welling in my eyes. Was this really happening to me? “Yes its happening, little ni-”

“That’s enough!” Brendon roared, his eyes glaring at the man as he pushed me behind him. I wrapped my right arm around his waist and sniffled into his back. “You, sir, are disgusting. Love is blind. It wouldn’t matter if she was White, Asian, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Hawaiian, male, gay, straight, bisexual, pansexual, or anything! Love is love and I love my girl. This girl,” he motioned towards me as I peeked from behind his arm, “is my world. I haven’t been showing her lately and she needs to know that I love her with all my heart.” Brendon turned his head and saw me quivering behind him. “Anderson Ellisa Deklan, I love you. I’ll you forever and always.” His lips connected with mine and the man grumbled something.

“In my day, a man would get shot for something as crazy as that.” he pushed through us as the elevator opened and left.

We smiled and I snaked my arms around his neck, getting on my tippy toes to reach his lips easier. He rested his hands on my sides and light squeezed them, rubbing them every so often. I bit his bottom lip lightly, hearing him groan as I turned to walk out of the elevator when it stopped on the appropriate floor.

Brendon took my hand and led me into the unfamiliar new store called ‘Night To Remember’. As soon as we walked in, a man greeted us with a smile.

“Welcome to Night to Remember, what can we do you for today?”

“I need a tie to match this color.” Brendon took out his cell phone and showed him me in my dress. I didn’t even realize he took a picture of me.

“Right this way,” the man led us to a section of ties that must’ve had at least 200 different colors, “Good luck!”

I was the first to get to work searching through different shades of blues. It seemed like they had dark blue, indigo, aqua, and just plain blue. Where the hell was my blue? Correction, our blue. Brendon slid his arm around my waist and picked out a tie while looking me straight into my eyes.

“That one.”

I glanced down at where he was pointing and sure enough, it was absolutely perfect.

“How did you-?

“I had a feeling.” Brendon said kissing my forehead as I picked up the tie and held it to his black v-neck.

“Its, like, made for you.” I smiled and we paid for the tie before leaving the store. There were so many stores around so I stopped to look at all of them again even though I’ve seen the mall a million times.

Brendon squeezed my hand, making me look at him. He cocked his head to the side and I smiled, biting my bottom lip. I started walking towards the right, knowing exactly where I was going. I was gonna get Brendon something he’s always wanted.

“Close your eyes.” I commanded, stopping in front of Wetzel’s Pretzel.

“Food time?” he asked, smiling wide.

“No! Close your eyes!” Brendon pouted but did so. I couldn’t help but kiss his pouting bottom lip before leading him to Puppies For Love.

When we were about 10 years old, Brendon always told me that he wanted a Siberian Husky. He wanted to name it Aislinn (pronounced like Ace-Lynn) and share it with me like a child or something. His parents never gave him a dog because they thought Brendon wouldn’t take care of it properly but he studied and studied and studied to learn how to properly take care of a dog. I told him one day I’d get it for him. Today was the day. Our prom day. The day we met again.

Once we were inside the store, the smallest little bark made Brendon open his eyes. I didn’t even mean for us to stop right in front of my cutest and smallest female Siberian Husky I’ve ever laid my eyes upon.

“No way.” he whispered, placing his finger on the glass. The little puppy licked the glass as if it were his finger and Brendon giggled adorably.

“Brendon?” a girl smiled at him, her blonde curls resting on top of her chest. “Oh baby, I’ve missed you!” she squealed. I twitched and remembered who she was.

Natalie Savills, the school slut, and Brendon’s ex girlfriend. He bit his lip and nervously hugged her.

“Ew, I see you’ve made friends with a last page loser.” she smirked evilly and I flipped her off. Every year, Natalie and the rest of her Barbies make a list from coolest to lamest and I happened to be the very last name. Apparently, if you don’t wear make up and whore around with every guy you can, you’re a buzz kill and no one at Palo Verde gives a shit.

Brendon looked at Natalie before giving her a punch in the boob. “That’s for being a bitch to me freshman and sophomore year. Its also for being rude to Anderson.” Natalie screamed and gripped her right breast, running to the backroom. “I want that one.” he smiled again and put his finger back on the glasses.

I loved how he could go from one thing to the next with absolutely no problem.

“Excuse me,” I turned to an older lady with auburn colored hair, “May we see this puppy?” she nodded and went to the backroom to take the puppy out. She came back and placed her in my arms. The puppy licked my face and smiled, barking playfully at Brendon. Brendon smiled and took her from me, admiring her little being.

“Oh my gosh, you’re so cute! Aislinn? Aislinn?” he called to her. She perked her ears up and turned her head to the side every time he said it. “Aislinn! Aislinn!”

Brendon finally decided we had to get her so I slid the lady my credit card and took her papers. Get this, they gave Brendon a blue leash for her. How crazy!

Brendon put Aislinn, or Ais in this case, on the ground and walked her out of the mall. He had a big cheesy grin plastered on his gorgeous face and it made me happy to see him so happy.

Once we made it to my car, we put the bag in the back and he gave me Ais to hold in the passenger’s seat. Ais licked my face and barked happily. I laughed and put my seatbelt on then gripped her tight.

“You know, you didn’t have to get her for me.” Brendon said as he back out of the parking lot and onto the road.

“But we all know that you belong with each other.” I looked down at Ais and she looked up at me, licking my nose as if to say ‘Exactly!’.

“Hey, can I sing you something?” Brendon asked stopping at a red light.

“Of course.” I held Ais and looked at him, smiling.

“Beauty queen of only eighteen she had some trouble with herself. I was always there to help her she always belonged to someone else. I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I don’t mind spending every day out on your corner in the pouring. Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile and she will be loved. Oh she will be loved.” he smiled and made a left, entering the freeway.

Brendon’s voice was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard. The vibrato only made the words sound better and deeper than anything. He reached over and wiped the tear from my eye as we exited quickly, driving back to my house.

“Go get changed and I’ll meet you at my house for pictures.” he said as he pulled into the driveway. We both got out and I grabbed my dress as he grabbed his tie and Ais.

“Alright, love ya, Brennybear.”

“Love ya too, Candy Andi.” he kissed my cheek and went to his house as I took the stairs and went up to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Big thanks to She Said Poptarts for my banner!