Status: More to come with more comments

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Maybe This Isn't What I thought

We made our way upstairs, my hand on Zaks at all times. I didn’t dare let go. We were 5 hours into the investigation and we already had enough activity for watch for hours.

“Kassi? Are you okay? You’re shaking like a Chihuahua.” Zak asked putting a comforting hand on my back.

“Yeah. This is no place for a pretty little sour puss.” Debbie said. That made me furious. I mean no-one get to me as bad as she did.

“Yeah. Maybe I ought to leave? I mean, I’m in the way.” I said letting go of Zaks hand reluctantly,

“Are you sure?” He asked. I shrugged.

“No I’m not sure but I can’t handle being in here much longer.” I said smiling weakly. I was just happy they weren’t filming this.

“Alright. Then stay here for a moment, Aaron come over here.” Zak directed. He did as told and turned the camera on. The red light told us we were live.

“Well guys, our friend Kassi here is leaving us. We can’t really risk our poor, young, clumsy Kassi getting hurt anyways.” Zak said. I smiled and did a small wave at the camera. Aaron turned the camera away. I turned to Zak and gave him a huge hug.

“Thanks Zak. Be safe! This place is ultra creepy.” I said releasing him.

“Don’t worry, aren’t I always safe?” He said laughing lightly, remembering the time he got possessed. A truly scary experience. I smiled and was escorted to the door. Leaving them was hard but I really couldn’t handle the paranormal. And Debbie.

When I got out of the doors I put my hands deep into my pockets and got in the van, I was then driven to our hotel that was nearby. I got into the room and turned the channel immediately to some sappy show on lifetime. The asylum gave me the creeps and I couldn’t bear to think of what trouble the boys were getting themselves into. The longer I watched the screen the more and more droopy and heavy my eyes grew. I eventually found myself asleep, curled up in a ball.

I was walking down an empty road, there was thick fog and leafless trees. I heard a man scream, I couldn’t tell who it was until I heard it over and over again. It was Zak.

“ZAK!?” I screamed turning my walk into a run. There was no answer. I began to panic.
“ZAK! WHERE ARE YOU!?” I screamed tears started to form, He was in danger and I didn’t know what I could do to help him. I didn’t even know where he was!
I ran for what seemed like hours before I found someone holding their head and screaming.

“Zak?” I asked walking slower. His head snapped up and looked at me. I took a step back. He didn’t say anything, his eyes were black, he took five swift steps towards me and grabbed my head between his hands. He wasn’t there. he was possessed. I tried to back away, those eyes weren’t the ones I have fallen so hard for, They weren’t his. Tears started to pour now.

“Zak, let go. Please!” I begged. I tried to get away from his grasp but nothing was working. There was pressure on either side of my head. He was squeezing my head and it was slowly but surely cracking. I began to scream a blood curdling scream.


I woke up with beads of sweat, and doing the same scream that I was doing in my dream. I looked around and no-one was there. It was 5:30 a.m. however so they’d be back before long. I got up and got a glass of water. The dream being highly too much for me to handle.

And as I expected they cam trudging through the door. Aaron was the first to hit the bed. He was always the lazy one.

“So we haven’t exactly talked about sleeping arrangements.. seeing as there’s two beds and four people. Whose with who?” Zak asked.

“Well, I think it would be odd sharing a bed with Kassi… Seeing as we’re siblings and the thought… but then again sleeping with you two is really weird as well…” Nick piped in.

“Well, I’m staying put but, Kassi and Zak have slept in the same bed before so I see no problem there.” Aaron said snuggling even deeper into the covers. My heart race started going up. The dream still clearly in my head.

“Kassi, are you okay? You’re looking a little pale?” Zak asked putting his big hand on my forehead feeling for a fever. I stepped back, he looked confused by this.

“Aren’t I always pale?” I ask adding on a laugh that only they knew was forced.

“Well, I’m okay sharing a bed are you?” Zak asked looking at me. I froze. I didn’t want him to know how bad my dream scared me, then again, I didn’t want him to think I was uncomfortable around him. I wasn’t sure what to do so I just nodded.

“Than I guess it’s settled.” Aaron said finalizing it. Nick looked at me and I just nodded letting him know I was okay. I crawled back into my spot and faced the opposite side of Zak. He took off his shirt, letting his muscles show. I closed my eyes before he could catch me looking. I felt his side of the bed tilt a bit, letting me know he was in bed. He soon got under the covers with me, he was close enough for me to feel the heat radiating off of him.

I wasn’t ready for sleep. Not even close. I heard the familiar snores of Aaron and Nick but not the soft snores of Zak. I knew he was awake.
He must of known I was awake too, because he turned to face my back and scooted closer.

“Kassi,” He whispered. I didn’t respond, I just waited for him to continue. “I know your awake, what is it that’s bothering you?” he asked. I didn’t respond yet again. “Was it a bad dream?” He asked. I nodded this time. I felt his arm wrap around me. my breathing began to change. “I’m right here for you. You know this.” And I did. But the dream kept flashing in my head. It just wouldn’t go away.

“Goodnight Zak.” Was all I said before I felt his arm pull away and him sigh.

“Yeah. Goodnight.” Was all he said with a drip of disappointment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for le delay!!