Status: Paused until further notice.

Some Secrets Are Best Kept Hidden

Four

I wearily dragged myself out of bed. Today I was going to confront Brandon and figure out who was telling him the all the lies. Honestly? Can't two bisexual girls be best friends without everyone assuming they have a secret relationship? Shit like this makes me wish I never came out of the closet.

Once I was finally ready for school I walked outside where Miah was waiting like usual. No matter how quickly or earlier I get up in the morning he still manages to beat me. I don't understand how he does it. He uses his wings...

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked around. Miah frowned at me as I stood there looking stupid. I just grinned and forced myself to walk towards him. I was scared. I don't know why but I was. I almost regretted getting up this morning. I just know something bad is going to happen today. There's no way to avoid it.

I laced my fingers with his and kept the fake smile plastered on my face as I walked to school with him. I was almost scared to be alone. It was like something had suddenly made me see him differently. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I quickly looked away. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Is something wrong?"

"No. I'm just fine."

"Lyric. What's going on?"

"Nothing. I promise." I, again, plastered the same fake smile on my face. As well as he believed me I swear I could become an actress. Though, he begrudgingly pretended to believe me. So maybe I can't have a career in acting after all.

I took a deep breath as we walked through the school doors. That feeling washed over me again. I had to stop myself from turning around and running straight for home. I opened my locker to get my Algebra 2 book. As I slammed the door I saw Brandon's figure in the corner of my eye. I took another deep breath. I have a feeling today is going to be full of them.

As I started walking towards him he caught my eye. He quickly started to walk away. I refused to let him get away from me. I quickly picked up the pace. Someone got in his way and and he tripped. Gotcha sucker! "Why the hell do you think Isa and I have a secret relationship?"

"All the signs are there. When are you guys not together? I never see one of you without the other. I'm surprised she isn't here now."

"Who in the hell would even put that thought into your head?"

"Why don't you ask yourself?"

"I don't know where that would get me. I know I didn't say any shit like that to you. So who did?" I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I'm really getting sick of people here lately.

"Veronica." He spat. Venom leaking from the name.

:Why would you even accuse of her of such a thing?" Now I was even angrier.

"She told me about Isabel's other flings too. How she has plenty of guys on the side."

That did it. I was furious. No one, absolutely no one, had the right to accuse my best friend of such a thing. She was practically my sister. "I don't know who the hell you think you are trying to destroy our friendship with Veronica, and accusing my best friend of such a terrible thing." Then I slapped him so hard that it left a hand print. Oddly enough, causing him pain gave me a sadistic pleasure. What the hell is wrong with me?

I turned around and stormed back of to Miah. When I got there I saw one thing I never thought I'd see. Veronica was rubbing herself all up against Miah on his left side, and on his right was Lyna. He couldn't get himself out from between them. I just stared in shock as he shoved at them. Then I lost all control.

I pushed Veronica to the ground. "Who the hell do you think you are? He is mine. You know what? I don't think Brandon was lying to me about you after all. Bitch." Then as I whipped around I punched Lyna, full force, in the face. I heard the bittersweet crunch as my fist made contact with her nose. I could sense Veronica coming at me and I quickly made a round house kick to her face. She fell backwards and I stood there, panting.

All of a sudden my face was pressed against the floor with somebody on top of me. I managed to turn over underneath them. Lyna. I took my elbow and jammed her in the side and she scrambled off of me. I quickly got up and attacked her. Then Veronica was on my back, struggling to take me down. Looks like those karate classes weren't entirely pointless.

I felt Veronica get pulled off my back and I was pulled off of Lyna. We were led to the Principal's office. They made sure to sit across the room for me. Afraid I would hit them. I desperately wanted to but officer Martin had handcuffed me to the chair, which was dead bolted to the ground. So I had to stick with glaring at them.

Principal Kingsley cleared his throat. He was an old British man who I was actually fond of. So I couldn't stay mad when I looked at him, which I why I had been trying to avoid doing so. "Lyric, what has gotten into you? You are a very brilliant child. I never imagined you coming in here because you were in trouble."

"Well, Principal Kingsley, neither did I to be honest. I don't know what came over me today. I honestly don't. I've never felt the urge to hit someone in my life."

"What exactly were these two doing that infuriated you so?"

"Touching my boyfriend. I know, it's a stupid reason. Lyna has been all over him from day one though. It was slowly driving me insane, and that caused her to cross the line. Veronica was spreading rumors that Isabel and I had a secret relationship, and that Isabel was cheating on Brandon with many other guys also."

"I'm sorry, but none of these excuses can help you escape your punishment. Since you have perfect attendance and I know how hard you try to keep that up, I'm going to give you two months of detention."

"Yes sir."

"Veronica and Lyna, a week of suspension."

"What?" Veronica exclaimed. "How come we get the worse punishment? She attacked us!"

"Don't question my judgment Miss Parkinson. Do as you're told."

I was put in ISS for the rest of the day. Once school was over I was able to check my phone. My inbox was full and I had several missed calls. All of them from either Miah or Isabel. I decided to call Isabel first since she wasn't there when it all went down. "Hey Isabel."

"What the hell happened?"

"I got in a fight with Veronica and Lyna."

"Veronica! I understand why you would fight Lyna but why Veronica?"

"She was rubbing all up against Miah and looks like her and Lyna are all buddy buddy. That's not the worst part. She's the one telling Brandon the lies. He refuses to believe me."

"Damnit. Why is she doing this? I could kick her ass."

"I have no idea but I have two months of detention. Plus I'm probably grounded."

"Shit. Well I guess I better let you go feel Auntie Josie's wrath. Good luck. I love you girlie."

"Thanks. Love you too."

I hung up and took a deep breath I walked through the front door. When I walked into the living I knew Aunt Josie already knew. She had her arms crossed and she was glaring in my direction. "What happened?"

"I got in a fight, but they had it coming. Trust me. You know it takes a lot to make me mad enough to hit someone but they crossed the line."

"And what line did they cross?"

"They were all over Miah."

"I knew that boy would get you in trouble."

"It wasn't his fault! I made the decision to hit them. Whatever. How long am I grounded?"

"Indefinitely." She held her hand out for my phone. I gave it to her and went to my room. The first thing I did was scream into my pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said paused until further notice but I just couldn't stop myself. Enjoy. :)