Status: active. :)

Runaway Love

One.

I closed my eyes and waited for the melody to pick up. The lyrics moved my arms, like my control had faded and pure instinct guided my motions. Picking up with the rhythem, my heart swelled with life, getting absorbed in my last dance. My feet slid and slammed making calming noises on the wood floors. I would miss this place. But, right now, I would just dance... I let myself forget about the flight I would be taking tomorrow morning, and let my body do what I do best.

I craned my neck and spun my ass around to Usher's "Lil Freak". Even in baggy sweatpants and a sports bra, I felt so liberated and beautiful. Hiphop was born in my blood, and the natural flow of my body fit perfect with sexy beats. Sweat gathered on my brow from a long practice, but I still smiled through exhaustion. A passion will create crazy feelings like this. The track finished, and I held my final position, with my eyes locked on the mirror. That's when I noticed the large, black body in the doorway behind me.

"Tre, you nearly made me piss myself. Have you been watching the whole time?" I inquired, huffing and catching my breath.

"Oh, yeah, and that's not all. I caught all that on tape, too. You are going to absoultely demolish your auditions, Cami," Tre commented. He must have stuck around after class and I hadn't even noticed. Along with leaving the studio I had grown up in Texas, I would be leaving Tre too. "Listen," he continued, "I'll put this on Youtube, and maybe you will gain a little hype before you land in Atlanta."

One admirable thing about my dark skinned boytoy was his support in me. I had a one-way ticket, but he didn't raise questions or fuss; he knew this was something I had to do. I was smart enough to pick up his dissapointment, but my feelings for Tre weren't what they used to be. I wasn't in deep and filthy love with him, and he wasn't what I thought about all the time. He jsut reated me alright, and I didn't mind his company.

"Well, hopfeully what I can show them will be a little better then me just messing around," I shrugged. I was going to be throwing myself out-there in giant proportions. Being a good dancer in a Liousiana small town is nothing like being an accomplished dancer in Atlanta. I would be damned if I let myself stay here, like most of my classmates.

Tre was gifted in dance, also, but he was holding himself back. I was taking a leap of faith. I just hope that didn't mean an even greater fall.I grabbed my Texas A&M grey sweatshirt off the floor, slid it on, let Tre lace his arms around my shoulders before turning the lights off, and leaving the studio for the last time.