Sequel: Carry You
Status: Almost finished, get ready for a sequel! :]

Breathe Me

Glorious

For as long as Pascal could remember,she had always been a quiet soul. He was the only one she would ever talk to. She told him how much she hated going to school everyday when she was a little girl because everyone would bully her. Or she would talk about how much she missed her real dad who had passed away from cancer when she was 10. They were extremely close. He couldn't grasp the thought of someone hurting the sweet girl though. So when he got a call from a hospital back in Quebec saying she had nearly been beaten to death by her dad,it shocked him. He honestly had no idea that her parents had been treating her so horribly,if he had he definitely would have done something about it.

"Pascal Dupuis?" He shot up out of his chair as the old doctor called his name. Questions immediately started pouring out of his mouth at a fast pace. The doctor let out a small chuckle,waving his hands as he answered the hockey player "She's going to be okay. She has a mild concussion,3 fractured ribs,and her body is pretty much bruised everywhere. However,the emotional pain will most likely be worse than the physical pain though. I think she's awake right now,would you like to see her?" Pascal nodded his head as he started to follow the doctor down the halls. He wanted to yell at him to walk faster,but as they came to a grey door with 'D126' on the front,he wanted to run away. He pushed away all of his fears,and opened the door quietly.

She looked so small and vulnerable as she slept on the cold hospital bed. Her arms were uncovered,revealing bruises and a few stitches. Pascal pulled up a chair up to the side of the bed,and sadly dropped his head into his hands. He wanted to cry out of frustration,how the hell could he not know his niece was being abused all of these years?

"Uncle Pascal?" He barely heard the tiny voice,his head snapped up and he saw Sophia staring back at him with shock in her eyes. God,he had never seen so much pain and hurt in her eyes before. They were filled with tears as she tried to talk to him. "Y-you're actually here." Her voice broke as she started to cry.
****
I couldn't remember the last time I had seen my Uncle. Despite the searing pain that shot up my stomach,I sat up and held open my arms,as if asking for a hug. He carefully hugged me back,not wanting to break me more than I already was. "I can't do this anymore Uncle Pascal. I have to get out of this place,I'm so miserable here." I cried out. It was a painful cry for help,I was reaching out finally. After 10 years of pain and misery,I had finally broke.

He pulled away, "You are coming back to Pittsburgh with me,I am not going to let them hurt you anymore okay?". It was more of a demand than a question. I didn't care though,as long as I was getting out of this hell,I could care less where I was moving.

about an hour later,after I had finally calmed down,Pascal strted ranting about about how much fun we were going to have in Pittsburgh and how much I would love it there. "OH! And you can meet all of the guys and....". I froze at the words,of course he would want me to meet all of his friends,which scared me the most. What if they didn't like me? Or thought I was a freak?

My thoughts were cut off when Pascal stood up"Now get some sleep,you have a long week ahead of you kiddo" He grinned as he ruffled my hair like I was a 5 years old again,I scowled up at him as he left the room laughing like a little kid. I turned off the lamp and carefully moved my body so I was laying down again. I knew I wasn't going to get a lot of sleep tonight,I couldn't stop thinking about everything that was going on in my life and how much it had changed in a matter of a few hours. I was going to be with a family who actually cares about me.

For the first time in 10 years,I actually had hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my first story on here. Comments are welcomed,tell me what you think of this story so far.
Do you like it? Are there any changes I should make to it? The next one will probably be better,I suck at starting stories :P The next one will probably be longer too...

Hopefully you guys enjoy it though :]