Sequel: Carry You
Status: Almost finished, get ready for a sequel! :]

Breathe Me

Heaven Knows

"You're such a stupid little bitch! I can't believe I married a woman with a little shit head like you"

I was repeatedly being kicked in the stomach,it was getting harder to breathe,but I still felt no pain. He then moved up to my face,punching me right in the eye,I knew there was going to be a nasty bruise when I wake up the next day.

I was numb,I had gotten used to all of the beatings a long time ago. It had become a ritual for me. Come home from school,find my dad passed out drunk on the couch,and wait upstairs in my room,knowing what was to come later.

My hair felt like it was about to be ripped out of my scalped when he yanked it harshly,making me come face to face with the man who had become a monster. "Why the fuck didn't your mom just abandon you when you were a fucking baby? She would have been better off without you!"

I started sobbing,tears poured out of my eyes like waterfalls when he punched me in my bruised stomach once again."Aww what's wrong? Does little Sophia miss her daddy? Well he's not here anymore,and he never will be."

I wanted to yell at him,but I knew that would have made it worse. He grabbed my head from the side,and slammed it into the wall as hard as he could. I nearly fell to the ground,but his hand was still tightly gripping my head. After a few more moments of just standing there,he finally let go of my bloody head,I immediately slid down the wall. He was laughing at me,I knew I looked like a bloody mess laying on the floor. "Next time you won't be so lucky you ugly little shit"


I had been crying in my sleep again. My eyes fluttered open,and I quickly rubbed them,wiping away all of the tears and pain. No matter how much I rubbed my eyes,I couldn't get the disturbing images out of my head. 'he can't hurt you anymore' I tried to comfort myself with no success.

I finally peeled off the heavy covers,realizing that at some point in the middle of the night I traded in my jeans and hoodie for a comfy pair of plaid pajama bottoms and a long sleeved black shirt. I loosely braided my hair,before making my way downstairs where loud laughter could be heard.

There were two unfamiliar men and a woman sitting at the kitchen table,most likely waiting for breakfast. Pascal was running around the playroom,chasing Maeva and Kody while pretending to be a killer dinosaur. When the giggling kids finally spotted me,they both let out squeels of delight before tackling me like I was a football player.

I was in the middle of hugging both of them,when I felt a pair of little arms wrap around my left leg. I looked down to discover the pair of arms belonged to 3 year old Zoe.

"WHOOO DOG PILE ON SOPHIE!" Pascal was now charging towards me like a rhino,the kids let out screams before scattering,as Pascal tackled me onto the floor. The kids jumped on Pascal one by one.

I wiggled and squirmed,trying my hardest to get the heavy hockey player off of me. I could hear laughter coming from the kitchen,and felt embarassed knowing there were guests watching this whole scene unfold.

Aunt Carole stood in front of us,an amused expression on her face. She pulled off all of the kids one by one,and Pascal finally got off me,but not before licking his finger and sticking it in my ear like a five year old "EWW Pascal!" He was laughing like a dork. For a 31 year old man,he sure does act like a kid sometimes.

"I'm sorry Sophie,please forgive me?"

I grumbled in response and he started laughing again. “Sophie,this is Marc-Andre,his girlfriend Vero,and Kris. They play on the team with me” He gestured towards each one as he introduced me to them. I could feel them staring at me immediately,probably judging me.

I nodded my head at them,too scared to say anything.
****
She was absolutely beautiful,her light brown hair was pulled into a loose braid that fell down her slumped shoulders. Her dark blue eyes surrounded by an abundance of long eyelashes. She wasn't very tall,probably only 5'3,maybe 5'4. She was small,not super skinny to the point where you could see bones sticking out on her stomach though.

Sitting at the table she looked scared,sad,and confused. Pascal had warned the guys on the team she was extremely quiet and fragile,that she was terrified of meeting new people in fear they would just hurt her. He couldn't imagine anyone hurting her,she seemed like a sweet girl,she was just shy and scared,there's nothing wrong with that though.

She glanced up at him,her blue eyes holding so much emotion it was nearly overwhelming to him. She looked so sad,even though she would smile every now and then,it didn't meet her eyes. It was all just a facade,pretending she was ok to make Pascal happy. She was dying on the inside.

When she looked at me,it almost seemed like she was reaching out for help,she was broken,and I wanted to fix her.

“So what do you do Sophia? Have you gone to college yet?” Vero was the first one to speak.

“Yeah,I'm an artist” Her voice was barely audible,but everyone could still hear her. She had a heavy french accent. I tried desperately to imprint the sound of her voice into my brain. She sounded like an angel,and I never wanted to forget anything about her.

“That's awesome! Do you think you could draw me? Like that girl from Titanic?!” Marc-Andre asked enthusiastically making everyone at the table laugh.

“Are you coming to practice later Sophie? You could meet some of the other guys if you want? I'm sure Vero wouldn't mind staying with you...” Pascal seemed nervous asking the question. Kris was praying she would say yes though,he wanted to see the French-Canadian girl again. Before she could answer Pascal,Vero piped in

“Yeah please come! I can't stand any of the other women there,and the guys are all really nice! I mean,Max can be a little crazy at times,but other than that everyone is pretty calm.” She was begging Sophia,not wanting to be stuck with some of the other players girlfriends,especially Oksana.

Sophia bit her lip,thinking it over. “Okay,I guess I will go...”
****
Kris looked around the arena again. He still saw no signs of Sophia and he wondered if she was still going to show up or not.

“Looking for someone Tanger” Max playfully nudged me

“No I was just-” I was cut off by Tyler Kennedy

“He's looking for Duper's niece! I knew it you have a thing for her,don't you Tanger?!”

“You guys shut up! She's over there and can probably hear you” Flower's words made me turn around,and sure enough the small french-Canadian was sitting with Vero,nodding as Vero talked happily to her.

'This is going to be a long practice'
****
I'm not sure why I agreed to come here. I was about to meet all of Pascal's friends and team mates,it was nerve wrecking. My mind was racing,and I couldn't calm my heart down. I started shaking and Vero looked at me concerned

“Hey,are you okay? Don't worry,the guys will love you” She gave me a reassuring smile,that helped a little.

We arrived in front of two double doors with the Penguins logo on the front. My heart was about to burst out of my chest.

'Just calm down Sophie,they're not going to hurt you'

Vero pushed open the doors,making sure everyone was decent before giving me the OK

It was chaotic in the large room,everyone was laughing as a man danced around the room,pretending it was a runway as he strutted across the floor. He looked up,spotted me, and grinned

“Ah you must be Sophie,nice to finally meet you. I am Maxime Talbot,but you can just call me superstar!” He grabbed by hand,and kissed it. Everyone was now staring with amused looks on their faces. I squirmed,uncomfortable with the whole situation.

Vero let out an annoyed sigh and slapped Max on the back of his head,making a loud yelp escape his mouth.

“OWW! What the hell did I do?!”

“Didn't I say to be normal for once?!”

“I am being normal!”

At some point during the argument,Pascal pulled me to the side to meet some of the other guys.

“Sophie this is Sidney,Geno,Tyler,Jordan,Matt,Benny,and Deryk” Pascal pointed to each person as he said their names.

“Hi” I said timidly. They were all giants compared to me,and could easily hurt me,even though I knew they wouldn't. I suddenly didn't feel so nervous anymore. They were all really nice to me,respecting the fact that I didn't really want to talk.

They all conversed for a few more moments before going their own ways to finished getting dressed. I sat down on the bench in front of one of the empty stalls as I waited for Pascal to finish talking with his coach.

“Hello” I heard a french accent from the side.

I turned to see Kris sitting next to me on the bench.

“Hey” I gave him a tiny smile which he returned.

“Did you enjoy the practice?”
****
'It's now or never' Kris decided as he watched Sophia sit down in front of the empty stall. He wanted to know more about the quiet girl,he wanted to hear her angelic voice again.

He sat next to her,and started to untie his skates.

“Hello” she turned around at the sound of his voice,seeming surprised that someone was actually talking to her.

“Hey” she mustered up a tiny smile,giving him more courage to talk to her.

“Did you enjoy the practice?”

“Yeah,it was great. Vero freaked out when Pascal got slammed into the boards though,she thinks he's to old to play hockey anymore” She was smiling to herself. I was happy that I was the first guy to actually start a conversation with her.

“You think she's bad during practice? You should see her during games” I laughed. When I looked over at her,she was full on smiling now.

“You should actually come to our game on saturday,I think you would have fun” He prayed that she would say yes. He really wanted her to be there,cheering for him and the team. Maybe she would even wear his jersey.

“Umm...yeah I think I will go” She looked at him a large smile on her face

He thought he was going to die,her smile was beautiful. Perfect white teeth and huge dimples that put Flower's dimples to shame. Her smile was contagious,because he soon found himself smiling like a dork.

'You should smile more,you look beautiful when you do'

She didn't seem as shy as before,it seemed like she actually wanted to go to the game,and not because someone was forcing her.

He soon found himself wishing he could make her smile even more.

'I wonder what her laugh sounds like'

“Ready to go Sophie?” she stood up and nodded as Pascal spoke. She was almost out the door when she turned around,and looked at me

'please come back'

“Bye Kris”

“Bye Sophie,see you on Saturday” She smiled at me and nodded,walking out the door,leaving me alone to gather my thoughts.

I close my eyes as the curtains drop,
I thought I heard your voice but I thought wrong,
'cause you're not there anymore,
No you're not there anymore
♠ ♠ ♠
Breakfast
Practice

So I just wanted to update this again because I felt like it haha. Hope you guys like it so far. I think the next one is going to be really good ;]