Status: Active

If This Is Heaven Then Baby I Don't Wanna Know Hell

Chapter 6

**Jaymie's P.O.V.

I felt content to have just stayed in bed all day, wrapped in Brian’s arms, my head resting on his chest. His heart beat was slowly lulling me back to sleep. I slept dreamlessly last night, the first time since I’ve been home from tour. I sighed, it was the first time in a long time that I’d felt happy, truly happy.

My happiness was soon replaced with a headache and a sudden wave of nausea. I cupped my hands over my mouth and sprinted for the bathroom. I tripped and landed in front of the toilet. Puking always grossed me out, which resulted in more puking. Soon I was heaving; there was nothing left inside me to puke up. I flushed quickly, morning sickness was gross.

“Are you okay?” Brian yawned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

“Yeah, I’m fine now.” Feeling better, but suddenly tired, I reached over to turn on the sink.

“What the fuck?” I stared at the slightly mangled piece of metal. “Matt! Why is the sink broken?!” I yelled down the hallway.

“Why are you up at this hour?” was his muffled reply. His bedroom door opened, and Val stepped out, wearing one of Matt’s shirts and pajama shorts.

“Sorry about cranky in there, he didn’t get much sleep last night. Well, neither did I. He was tossing and turning all night.” Val apologized. “Feeling okay?” she asked.

“Actually I’m fine, I want to know why there’s no tap on the sink.” I said. I was going to get an answer one way or another. I sighed, figuring since I wasn’t getting anywhere with my interrogation, I’d better do something productive with my morning. I plucked my red toothbrush and toothpaste out of the drawer and padded out to the kitchen.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Brian asked me, because I was totally capable of answering a coherent reply when I was brushing my teeth. I scowled as best I could in his direction.

“Let me guess? Everything?” Brian said.

I spit toothpaste into the sink. “No, just cereal.” I put my toothbrush and toothpaste back in the bathroom and plopped myself on a kitchen chair. Brian slid my gourmet breakfast onto the table. I smiled down at it, the most perfect and most simple meal ever invented; fruit loops.

“Are you just gonna sit there and stare at it like it’s God or are you gonna eat it?” Matt teased groggily. He began rummaging through the fridge for anything considered acceptable as a meal. “It’s really cold in here.” He commented.

“Maybe if you closed the fridge and put some clothes on, you’d be warmer.” I pointed my spoon at his blue plaid boxers and the open refrigerator he was standing in. He flipped me off but otherwise ignored my comment.

“She’s right, dude, at least put on some pants, you have company.” Zacky walked into our kitchen and smiled in welcome.

“Ever heard of knocking Zack? Ha ha.” Brian said.

Zack shrugged off Brian’s ‘welcome’ and stepped into the living room, he turned on the news and adjusted the volume so we could hear it.

“Five more deaths have been reported and are being investigated in the Orange County/Huntington Beach area. Bringing the total number of deaths to nine, the five bodies are the same as the first four, drained of blood with severe trauma and no defensive wounds. Investigators first suspected a serial killer, now they say it could possibly be the work of five or more killers, possibly a gang. Though that seems unlikely given there is no DNA, which could give police any possible suspects. Police say no one should be walking alone, in any secluded area or during the night if can be avoided. More on this story, later tonight.”

I shivered involuntarily. Nine murders in three days, sounded like some psychopath was a little trigger-happy.

I dumped my dishes into the sink, a little too forcefully, and everyone jumped. “Well, I need to do something to take my mind off this, or I might end up having nightmares. Val, would you like to go shopping with me today?”

“Sure, let me just go and get dressed.” She padded off to the bathroom.

----------------------------------------------

**Charly's P.O.V.

I ripped apart the poor girl underneath me, hoping desperately that it would ease some of my pain, to no avail. I finally sank my fangs deep into her neck, she couldn’t scream, she was already dead. I drank her dry, it cleared my head, but my body was still pulsing, like I was being electrocuted. My chest constricted again and again, my heart struggling to hold onto it’s last beats. I thought the lack of blood flow would make me weaker, it didn’t. With every second that passed I felt myself getting stronger, and with every passing second the pain worsened as my senses heightened. Every fucking molecule in my body was literally dying from lack of blood, and burning from the venom my body was creating.

I threw my head back and screamed, only to have my mouth covered by a strong, cold hand. The body that belonged to the hand picked me up off the dead human, holding me in a mock cradle, his arms locked around me in a steel death grip. I couldn’t move, and being still only made the pain worse, if I writhed uncontrollably, it somewhat took my mind off the pain. I was passed into the arms to two others, together they held me down in the back of the car as it sped away. We were headed back home, to a soundproof basement where I could scream and writhe and suffer all I wanted without exposing myself. Morning couldn’t come fast enough.


I rocked back and forth in the corner as the memory of my first night replayed over and over in my head. I figured out about two hours ago that screaming and writhing and ripping people to shreds did nothing to ease my pain. My heart was beating even slower now, and I was getting used to it being still, so every time it beat my chest burst with pain.

I heard footsteps ghosting down the stairs, someone coming to check on me, probably Victoria. She was my closest friend and the most helpful during my transformation. I opened my eyes with great difficulty, I could make out his features perfectly in the pitch black room. It was Marcus. He was the oldest member of my new coven, the leader. His shaggy brown hair matched his usually muddy brown eyes, but at night they were black, just like everyone else. I didn’t know if my eyes looked like that yet, I hadn’t looked in a mirror since my transformation. Marcus crouched down in front of me and took my hands in his. I wasn’t nearly as pale as him yet, it would take my skin months to become that white. His hands squeezed mine, it was soothing, the skin of another’s against mine, it calmed my nerves.

“How is it going?” Marcus asked. He wasn’t asking if I was feeling better, he wasn’t stupid. He wanted to know what progress my body was making. I couldn’t possibly answer him, not without screaming, so I stared at him and bit my lip.

“It’s almost 2:00 am, are you almost ready to go?” To go and get blood. I needed it, lots of it. I wasn’t sure why yet, I did absolutely nothing at this point. I nodded once anyway, Marcus knew what he needed to be done. He had gone through not only his transformation, but helped all the members of his coven through their’s.

Marcus’s arms wrapped around me and he carried me, bridal style, up the cement stairs and into the garage. Brit and Erik were waiting in the car, they would be joining us tonight. I was worried about them, the twins were the newest members of the coven, besides me. They were only fifty years into their transformation, it must be hard for them to see me ripping apart all these humans and they weren’t allowed any blood. It was a coven ritual apparently. During the first, and hardest, two weeks of a new member’s transformation, no one else was allowed to feed. One reason was fear of exposure. Can you imagine how many humans would be dying if every night ten, now eleven, immortals went hunting? I shuddered internally at the thought.

We drove fast through the city, and out farther into a more rural area. Marcus would drive across the country if he had to, but he decided on a small rural town a few hours north of Huntington. Marcus pulled the car into the ditch, and killed the engine.

“You two are in charge of victim’s. Three each. Anyone, really, it doesn’t matter.” Marcus looked at Erik and Brit. They nodded in unison. He then turned to me, seated between the twins. “And you’ll come with me.” I nodded in turn and the twins’ death grips on my arms released and they disappeared from the car. The only evidence that they hadn’t teleported were the doors that they left open.

Marcus suddenly appeared at my side and picked my up. He sprinted into the mini forest across the street, and set me down when he found a decent spot about 10 meters away from the road. I instantly dropped into a sitting position and impatiently awaited my meals. I was jittery and the pain was pulsing through my fingertips like an itch.

Mere minutes later Brit returned. She was holding a teenage boy in her arms. He was well built and healthy looking. His eyes were bulging in fear and he was shaking from the shock. She set him down and he passed out on the spot.

“Here you go kid, be back in a few.” And she bolted through the trees.

I crawled over to the boy. He was in fact quite gorgeous. I took him into my arms slowly, he was featherlight to me. I didn’t hesitate to sink my fangs into his arms, then his neck. I ripped at his soft skin as I drank. My nails shredding through the layers of skin, muscle and fat like it was paper, and I snapped his bones just for the pleasuring sound of them cracking. I finished just in time when Brit returned with a middle-aged woman and a man close to thirty. I did the same thing to them as the first boy, ripping their skin, crushing their bones, and emptied their veins. Before I could throw the limp woman off me Erik burst into the little clearing with two more victims. I was greatful, I wasn’t even close to full. I went through the same process with them and at last the sixth human, this one screamed the loudest. It was a beautiful sound in my ears, it meant I was inflicting unbearable pain, and I wasn’t the only one suffering.

When I finally finished I wiped the blood from my mouth and crawled away from the bodies. My head finally cleared and I stared at the six mangled bodies in horror. I was shaking, repulsed be my actions. I curled into the fetal position and rocked back and forth, shaking my head. I must’ve looked insane to an outsider, but to the three immortals standing near me, they knew it wasn’t the worst reaction to the realization that you just savagely murdered six humans in order to survive. Marcus scooped me up again and the four of us headed to the car. I shut my eyes tight and refused to open them. I blacked out before the Marcus could start the engine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm actually quite proud of this one. I want to have a few parts thorughout this story on Charly's life. The next chapter will have more of the boys and a little somethin' else *evil laugh*

Hope you enjoyed it,

[sorry for mistakes]