Status: Completed. Be On The Look Out For The Sequel!

Unbelievable - Night Academy

Caught

I woke on my own this time to the smell of food being cooked. I smiled and sat up, my vision still hazy of last night’s encounter with the werewolf. I could hear Link’s and Chain’s voice coming from downstairs and my mother laughing. I pulled on a pair of jeans, and an old T-shirt before heading down to join the group. They all smiled at me when I entered the room. “Oh hayo,” I said, speaking in Japanese.
“Morning!” came Link, raising a cup of coffee to his lips and sipping it.
“Good morning,” Chain said, smiling a little at me.
Mom was busy cooking breakfast and hadn’t noticed me come in. I sat down in my seat and pulled a few waffles onto my plate. I felt Link’s come around my shoulder holding a whip cream can. “Whip cream, my love?” he teased.
My cheeks burned a little and I nodded, “Y-yes, th-thank you.”
He sprayed some onto my waffles and then let go of me. I ate them quietly, watching Chain stare out the window. “So what are you going to do today with the boys?” my mom suddenly asked, sitting down across from me.
“Well…I was going to visit Dad’s grave today.” I said, sheepishly.
Something flickered in my mother’s eyes. Sadness most likely. She smiled though and nodded, “That sounds nice. Maybe then you could take them to the mall.”
I nodded. “Sure.”
Chain and Link were both giving me sideways glances as I finished my meal and stood. “Let me know when you’re both ready,” I said, smiling at them.
“Okay,” they both replied.
~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We walked down the street and into town with the sun on our backs. It felt good to be out in the sunshine with a warm breeze caressing our faces. Chain had been forced to pull his wings in tightly so no one would see them. I felt kind of bad for him. He couldn’t be himself anywhere he went unless it was school or at home. We walked through town and went up the hill to where the graveyard was. I had brought some flowers to lay on my dad’s grave. When we arrived, I smiled and said, “Good morning, Dad!” I laid the flowers down on the grave and kneeled in front of it. “This is Chain and Link. They’re exchanged students who are going to be living with us,”
Chain and Link both nodded at the grave. “It’s nice to meet you,” Chain said quietly.
“Yes, it’s very nice to meet you,” Link replied.
“I’m going to show them around town today,” I said, smiling at the grave. My father had been a wonderful man. He took good care of my mom and I. But, one day, when he was on his way home, an eighteen-wheeler was speeding and hit the driver’s side. My dad was killed on impact so he didn’t feel anything. Life has never been the same since then. Just thinking about my dad brought tears to my eyes. I quickly wiped them away and stood. “We should probably go. Love you, Dad.”
I then turned and walked down the hill. Chain and Link came up on either side of me, silent. I smiled at each of them and said, “Alright, time to hit the mall!”
They both nodded and smiled.
When we arrived it was about twelve o’clock and people were already shopping. “So…did you guys want to buy clothes or just look around?” I asked, glancing at each of them.
Chain shrugged, “Not sure. Whatever you want to do, Silver.”
“I wouldn’t mind getting a bite to eat.” Link admitted.
“Sorry, but I don’t think they serve blood as a ‘meal’,” I teased.
He chuckled, “Then I guess you’ll have to do.” He leaned closer to me, but if he was kidding or not, Chain didn’t let him get any closer. He shoved himself between us and growled.
“Chill, Chain.” Link stated looking pissed at him.
He glared at him. I tried to lighten the mood and stammered, “W-well, let’s just see what we can get, okay?” I gently shoved my way between them and began to walk towards the food court. When I got there, I looked at the different selections. I wasn’t much a fast food person, but if they wanted it I would be willing to pay.
“What do you guys want?” I asked, glancing at each of them.
“How about…pizza,” Chain said, walking towards “Peace of Pizza”. I followed him and looked at Link.
“Do you want pizza?”
“Sure,” he said, looking at the menu.
We ordered a large cheese pizza and some sodas. We then found a seat among crowds of people and sat down. “So when we’re finished eating is there any place you want to go?” I asked, eating a second slice of pizza.
Link growled in his throat, “Goddess, why are they here?”
“Eh?” I turned around in my seat to see a group of dark-haired boys watching us. “Are those…werewolves?” I asked, blinking.
“Yeah and they’re plotting something.” Chain stated, grabbing me below the elbow and pulling me up. “We should get out of here.”
“R-right,” I said, glancing back at the group. They were still watching us. Link briskly walked in front of Chain and me as he tried to blend in with a large crowd of people.
“Link—,” Chain said quietly.
“I know,” he interrupted.
I glanced back again to find three of the five following us. “Um…,” I began.
“Its fine, Silver. We know.” Link said quickly, taking a sharp turn and walking into a large store. Chain’s grip never lessened as he walked me to a changing room and shoved me inside. My back hit the mirror.
“Wait—“ I said, reaching out for Chain.
“Stay. Here.” He commanded his voice dark. He pulled the door closed and I pressed my ear against it. I could hear him walking away with Link. My heart pounded in my chest. What was going to happen to them?! Ten minutes passed and yet neither of them came back for me. Temptation of opening the door was slowly killing me. Twenties minutes and still nothing. I began to pray. I needed to know if they were okay.
After twenty-five minutes, the door knob jiggled and I stood to my feet. “Chain? Link?” I called out.
“Guess again, cutie.” Someone said.
I gasped and grabbed the knob, trying to keep the door closed. “Don’t make me blow the door down,” they laughed.
I struggled to keep it closed, but soon, they ripped the door open, me tumbling out after it. They caught me and whispered in my ear. “If you want to see your friends again, you’ll stay quiet and act casual.”
I was so scared. I was frozen in fear, but I remained quiet. He helped me up and took hold of my wrist. It was the same guy from last night. He pulled me out of the store and down a flight of steps. “Where-where are you taking me?” I asked.
“You’ll find out later,” He said, pulling me through a crowd of people.
What kind of mess was I in anyways?
~ </3
♠ ♠ ♠
^-^ <3 Thanks for reading! Comments are nice ^-^