Status: New :D

Hot Kiss!

Chapter 7

I sigh leaving Dana to gloat. What do I say to him? Sorry for being such a cunt but I thought you just used me last night! I groan and let myself in the house. It's dea quiet, Mrs Armstrong is at her work down at Rod's Hickory Pit and I guess Billie is away somewhere. I head upstairs and have a look at his cassette collection. A lot are unmarked but I grin when I spy an Operation Ivy and I stick it on, dancing around the room. I know the band pretty well after serving them for almost a year and a half.

I see his guitar lying in the corner and I bite my lip. You promised him. You promised.

"Please, please don't go Danny, don't leave me with them," My voice breaks and he hugs me tightly.

"I'll come back for you Juliette, I promise to come back. You're my best friend and I'll always be here for you,"

"Swear it Dan, swear you'll come back for me,"

"I swear Julie. But promise me something in return bogey,"

"Anything,"

"You save your voice and guitar for me,"

"But what about my band? What about Gilman?" He grabs my jaw and I wince.

"Promise me Juliette,"

"Dan you're hurting me,"

"Say it Juliette!"

"I promise!"

"Good," He says softly and kisses me softly. I close my eyes tightly as he pushes me against the wall. I put up with this shit 'cause Danny loves me, he's the only one who cares. What's a few bruises for the one who can save me?


I shake the tears from my eyes. That son of a bitch almost broke me. I pick up the guitar, my fingers longingly stroking the strings, hands twitching ready to play but I put it back down. Even though he's a prick, I made a promise. But there's no one around... There's microphons and amps in the basement. Maybe just one song. Before I can change my mind, I grab the guitar and launch myself downstairs, setting up and tuning quickly. My heart beats quickly as I stand in front of the microphone, eyes closed remembering all those nights at Gilman.

"sick of the good guy act
show me some attitude
turn yourself, make it a fact
lack of gratitude
gravity reversed
don't want nothing
nothing rehearsed

smirk, snarl, spit
grab a bottle
smoke some shit
no more good boy
I want it all
show me something that isn't a ploy

rip your jeans, grow out your hair
put down your tv, xbox nobody cares
havin fun in the sun
lets go, tare down the town

Why couldn't I be born in the generation of a revolution?
Where everyone had something to say,
such an opintaion
show me where to stand, where do I go now?

Throw me in a pit,
show me where to find weed and beer
make me happy, the things I hold dear
todays new revolution
take over the nation!

tare down these broken streets
and run it down, our beautiful slums
we have no home, nowhere to go
just another park bench with the rest of the bums

Throw me in a pit
pass around the weed and beer
we won't move, we're not happy
this is our revolution
force the nation!" I sing loudly and open my eyes, my chest heiving with the adrenaline of finally playing and singing again.

"Juliette," someone whispers and I turn, muttering a curse as Billie Joe stands and stares at me in the doorway.

"Uh hi, sorry for um," I take off the guitar, putting it down and turning off the amps. He grabs my arm and I look up at him.

"What?"

"That, you were amazing," he breathes and I pull my arm away.

"Whatever," I say and put away the microphone and the cables.

"Juliette you should be playing at Gilman not working there,"

"That was a long time ago. Look you can't tell anyone,"

"Juliette you're fucking amazing!"

"Stop calling me fucking Juliette!" I snap and he stares at me a few seconds before his face contorts with anger.

"What the fuck is your problem!"

"None of your goddamn business!" He grabs my arms and I growl at him as we stare eachother down. He kisses me hard and I push him away.

"So you have changed your mind," he says quietly and I feel my heart give a tug.

"Billie I-"

"Shut the fuck up, I'll sleep on the couch from now on," He growls and runs upstairs to the living room, slamming the door. I sink down on the couch, holding my head in my hands. Fuck.