Status: oneshot, done.

Pretty

1/1

Pretty.

Gerard and Millicent were at a ball.
The music was fantastic, a mix of violins and soft piano that drifted throughout the room. The ladies dressed exquisitely and the gentleman held an irresistible charm. The Ball was definitely impeccable, beating the average standards set, though Gerard couldn’t convey his irritation. He glanced all over the place, a wide structure decorated with the finest tapestries, yet he couldn’t spot the only lady he had eyes for; Diana. His feet moved in swift movements, following the routine that he had done many times. The lady he was dancing with was to be his wife. She locked eyes with Gerard, hers blue meeting with his copper, she smiled a silent smile. In her mind, she had won. She frowned when he glanced away focusing at Diana Middleton.

“It’s not polite to stare.” Millicent said, her voice high and girly. Gerard didn’t bother replying, his eyes only settled onto his leather shoes. You could see that this wasn’t what Gerard wanted. It was simply a task done for his father, who certainly needed to control his life. He could feel the weight of the ring in his pocket, waiting to be shown to that one girl, Millicent.

He wished she were Diana. Millicent was irritated, she spoke “What, am I not pretty enough?” He didn’t need to look at her; he knew she could be any guys dream girl, a perfect pink mouth, beautiful eyes. Those who couldn’t see that were blind. In a way, those who could see her beauty couldn’t see anything else. They wouldn’t notice that she was manipulative and self absorbed, they wouldn’t care that she spilled her tea on Diana’s favorite dress, and that she didn’t have a kind bone in her body. Gerard could see both, and he was sick of it. He wanted Diana, only Diana. If his father knew that they were having what he would call an “affair” he would be angry, very angry. With all those intense emotions floating around, something in Gerard awoke. He boldly looked up at Millicent and his eyes narrowed with hate.

“You can’t ever be pretty, not where it matters.” His declaration seemed to clatter to the floor as he turned swiftly on his heel. He was going to marry Diana, Millicent was never for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is set in the late 1800's and I don't know if I like it, anyways it's a oneshot.