Diary

Page Twelve

Again, your mother called. She’s the only one who calls, besides the creditors.

She asked how I was, what I was doing, and if Roxy was okay.

Fine. Tired. The kid’s alright.

She then pushed on the issue of my writing. Writing, writing, writing.

“That’s the only way he’s going to come back.” She had advised soulfully.

“I don’t want him back.” Truth or lie. I don’t know.

“Yes, you do.”

“No, I don’t.”

Your mother pushed the issue until I finally threatened to hang up.

“He says he wants to make it work.”

“No, he doesn’t. He’s only saying that so you’ll leave him alone.”

“You two are meant to be”

I remember snorting. You hate my snorts.

“Yeah, meant to be locked up in cages.”

“He wants the baby.”

“Yeah, if he did, he wouldn’t have left me, practically homeless, and penniless.”

I hung up.

You don’t want the baby. You told me yourself when I told you I was pregnant.

“It’s too much,” you had shouted, “I can’t do it.”

You left.

“It’ll be a little rougher, but we can handle it,” I was trying to be a loving wife. I was a loving wife.

“I need to get away.”

Within a week you were gone.

How did it feel? Was it liberating? When you picked up your girlfriend, what did she say? Did she help you ransack our home? Did she touch Roxy? Was Roxy even awake?

It doesn’t bother me as much if all your answers are ‘yes’. I think I’d expect a yes. A no would surprise the hell out of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
My mom decided that she wanted to drive all the way to Forks this weekend. She said "Let's go to La Push and see what's La going down."
Yeah, my mom is cooler than yours.
And we don't know if there really is a La Push, but there is a Forks, so she wants to see it. Someone from the hospital showed her Twilight. I think it was one of the kids she looks after.