Diary

Page Twenty Six

You wouldn’t believe who called me today; it’s still boogling my mind.

Frank Iero; little Iero from Jersey; the little punk. That cute boy I had liked and fooled around with. The one I actually, sort of, had some feelings for.

His voice even sounded the same: “How are you?”

“I-I’m…okay.”

“Yeah…uh…Mikey called me yesterday. He told me that you weren’t doing so well, and that you’re pregnant and stuff. I…know where Gerard is.”

That took a lot of out me. I didn’t know what to say: “Oh.”

“He’s okay…I guess. He’s living with me now, or rather in my basement. His girlfriend…Misty, I think her name is, left him in New York.”

“Oh.” Again.

“He’s drinking a lot. He goes out to bars a lot more, but he’s got a comic coming out on Halloween.”

“That’s nice.”

Then, that annoyed sigh that I know too well; “He gave me your ring…it’s hidden in my room. He says he misses Roxy… he never said anything about you being pregnant.”

“Okay.”

“He doesn’t know what to do. He’s afraid to come home with his tail between his legs.”

“This is no home for him to come back to.”

“What do you mean? Did you move?”

“The bank took our house. I’m living in my dad’s house, do you remember when you helped us move all my bedroom stuff in it?”

“Oh…yeah. You slept in there when Gerard was looking for a house for you and him.”

“Yeah.”

“Mikey told me about your dad’s passing. I’m sorry.”

“Thank you, but it would’ve happen sooner or later…I wish it had been later.”

“He was so cooky. Is Roxy alright? Gerard said that they were close.”

“She’s fine now.”

There was short silence; “Are you writing?”

“Yes.”

“How serious are you about it?”

“Not very, to be honest.”

“Do you know what you’re having?”

“A little girl; I’m naming her after my dad…Louisa.”

“That’s nice, I bet she’ll look like you. Roxy looks like Gerard.”

“Thanks…let’s hope.”

“Well, I really called to see how you were and to tell you about…Gerard. He doesn’t say anything about you, just that he wants to come home and see Roxy.”

“I don’t want to be rude to you, Frank, but I could care less if Gerard came back. The only thing I really care about is my kids, mainly Roxy because she misses him so much. Maybe…you could relay the message to him…maybe have him call so she can talk to him?”

“Yeah! Yeah, of course. Anything, Val.”

“Thank you, it would mean a lot to her…she’s been feeling so bad lately.”

I had looked over at her, she was deep into her drawing of that damn sponge.

“I will. I’ll pull him out the bar if I have to.”

“Thank you so much, Frank.”

After I said my goodbyes, my heart beat against my chest for a while. The fear for Rox had set in. I feared that she’d say something you’d both regret. I didn’t want to talk to you, honestly, all I wanted was Roxy to see you still cared…at least a bit to give her a decent phone call. I guess we’d have to wait and see.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel better today. I usually hate Sundays, because there's nothing on the tube and the internet is only fun for a few minutes. But other than that, some of my favorite stories got updated! I'm like too happy for that. I should go bother my mom and have her take me and my friend to see Scream 4.