Diary

Page Nine

One of my co-workers quit today. Her husband won the Washington State lottery. They’re millionaires, she walked right up to our boss and quit, all while laughing hysterically.

I’m not envious, maybe just a little, but where would being envious get me? Maybe she deserved it. She’s 22, has 2 kids, and I have no idea what her husband does. Maybe she desverses it.

Your mom called, too, not long before I put Roxy to bed. And I don’t appreciate her getting our child’s hopes up. She told Roxy you’re coming back. You should’ve seen her eyes, they grew so big, but then she looked at me. She knows the truth.

Gerard Arthur Way isn’t coming back.

“What did she say?” I asked Roxy; her eyes were still big and wondering curiously.

“Daddy’s coming back.”

I snatched the phone from her. I didn’t mean to, I was angry.

I asked Donna what she had just said.

“I told Roxy her daddy is coming back,” her response was cool, like it were a fact.

“You can make believe all that bull, but don’t put it in my kid’s head!” I never felt so angry towards your mom before.

“I didn’t mean to upset you, Valleri, but it’s true. I can feel it.”

Donna Way and her feelings. She was usually right, but her kid wasn’t coming back to me and his kids. Who drains his pregnant wife of money, has their home foreclosed, runs away and then comes back? It’s simple. ABC, 1,2,3. Simple.

Gerard Arthur Way isn’t coming back.

“When a pig flies over my head, then maybe I’ll believe you.” I had snapped at her.

Your mother doesn’t understand.
♠ ♠ ♠
really short...sorry