The Sharpest Lives

Chapter 4 - By Jazz

Frankie’s POV:

“OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD I’M GOING ON TOUR WITH MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!!” My sister screamed down the phone.
”Yes you are Jazz” I sighed sitting down next to Gerard and entwining my fingers with his.
”Do you know what this Means Frank?!” She screamed so I had to hold the phone at arms length.
”That you get to spend quality time with your dearest brother?” I said. More of a question than an answer.
“Well yeah” she started as I laughed at Gerard making signals to wrap it up; I want to do something.
That something being me.
”But would that quality time include you teaching me drums?” she asked eagerly.
''Jazz, I play guitar. B0B plays drums!'' i explained; sniggering,
''guitar?''
''Yes Jazz, Guitar!'' I laughed
''doesn't that guy with the Fro do that?'' she enquired
''yeah but so do I'' I answered; being slightly annoyed my own sister didn't even know what instrument I played!
“Oooh.” She said quietly. Before asking why.
Look Jazz, as much as I’d Love to stay and talk shit with you. I really gotta go!” I said, finally giving in to Gee’s puppy dog eyes.
”Oooh! I could go out with that Vampire. You knowwww the one that sings!” she informed me.
”No actually I’m taken!” Gee shouted so she could her him; giving my hand a squeeze.
”Oh.” She sighed slowly. “OH. OH MY GOD GUYS IT’S THE SINGER FROM MCR! COME QUICK!!” she screamed to all her teenie friends; putting her cell on hands free.
”I’ll let you have him if you can tell me his name?” I teased knowing that my sister (or her teenie friends) wouldn't know the answer!
”Erm…” she started. I Laughed and so did Gee. “BOB!” she shouted as though she was being timed.
”Whaa-“ I got cut off as Gerard snatched the phone away from me.
”Why yes well done!” he laughed at the look on my face.
Choruses of “Yes!” and “I knew it!” came from the other end of the phone line.
”Do I get you now then?” jazz asked eagerly
”Sure thing!” Gee replied. What the fuck was he doing? This is my sister!
”But when you get here I’m most probably be asleep; so just come to my bunk and we’ll start our “business” there!” he said as I glared at him.
”REALLY!” jazz screamed down the phone line.
”sure thing! Remember who I am okay, cause there’ll be a sign saying my name above my bunk” he said, giggling as he saw it dawn on me what he was doing.
Jazz thought she was going to get with Bob. And let’s face it; he hasn’t had anyone in ages! But still; that’s my sister!!
”okay I’ll pass you back to Frankie now!” he smiled as he passed the phone back to me
”Hey sis” I laughed at all the commotion on the other end.
“OH MY GOD! Frankie! I’m going to fuck bob from my chemical romance!!” she squealed as I cringed at the thought.
”You do that; I kill you both” I warned her as Gee laughed.
”What about that Gerard guy then?” she asked. “Can I have him?”
”Sure, just not in front of me!” I laughed as Gerard grabbed my ass.
”Why not?” she asked. Was this girl slow or was this girl slow?!
”Look Jazz, I gotta go!” I said moving closer to Gerard.
”Okay. Okay. What time are you meeting me though?” she asked as Gee pulled me on top of him by my top.
”Erm, About one, Thirty!” I said. Squealed out the “Thirty” as Gerard began to stroke my thigh.
”Mmmm, Okay then” she replied sounding very suspicious.
”Byyeeeee” I sighed as I had a hand placed on my crotch.
”Yeah whatever!” she said before hanging up.

As I threw the phone over to the other side of the room; Gerard pulled me closer to him.
We sat there kissing for a while. Me straddling him as he ran his hands up and down my back and chest.
”Baby?” I asked pulling away.
”Yeah?” he answered. Though I don’t think he knew what he was answering to.
”Where are we?” I asked getting up off him.
”What?” He answered taken aback.
”Where are we?” I repeated.
”Erm…” he started. He seemed uncomfortable with this situation.
Did he only want me for my body? Was that all I was to him?!
After a while Gerard looked up, and I was amazed to see tears in his eyes.
“Don’t…don’t you remember?” He said softly, “All this time we’ve spent together Frankie…”


Flash Back To Band Practice A Few Months Ago:

”You Frankie pass me the Bass!” Mikey yelled at me.
”Fuck off Mikey! I’m busy okay!” I shouted over to him.
Honestly could he not see I was talking to Gee?!
”Fuck you Fag!” He bellowed.
At that I snapped. Mikey’s been giving me shit all week.
What the fuck did he think he was doing?!
”Hey Mikes, just leave him alone okay?!” Gee called over to his brother.
”And why the fuck should I?” he reacted.
”Look just leaves him alone okay!” he said; getting up from his seat.
This is the fourth time Gee has stuck up for me this week.

[a few hours later]

”Okay. Bye Frankie-doodie!” Gee said giving me a hug outside his door.
Woah! Why is he hugging me?
Wait a sec. am I enjoying this?!


Flash back from the of the making of the black parade:

We’d been working hard all day with the recording and I was exhausted. Luckily my part was over for today, but Gee still had to do the backing vocals for his already recorded voice.

As I sipped my cold Coffee with mild disgust, A fan jumped up and down outside the window.
“Gee!!” she screamed her words so loud they could be heard through the flimsy glass, “Gee over here!”
I sighed and jerked he blind down angrily.
“Calm down dude” Bob joked, but I wasn’t in the mood for kidding around. Turning my back to him I scuffed my old, worn shoes which I loved so much against the floor.

Bob was right. Why was I getting so angry?! It just got to me I suppose. The way all the female fans were all over Gee. He didn’t even mind! Why didn’t he just tell them to…I sighed and kicked the chair in front of me. I was jealous I guess. That seemed normal enough. Only…I bit painfully hard on my lip at the thought, it wasn’t the Gee I was jealous of. I got my screaming fans alright. No…it was…I gulped…It was the fan girls I was jealous of…

I snapped out of my thoughts as our Polly’s voice broke through the air.
“Gerard! Will you concentrate!! You’ve been doing nothing but staring at Frankie the whole time!!”
I flinched. Gee staring at…me?


Flashback from a year ago
“Frankie…you know you can tell me anything right?”
“Yeah…I know Gee…I know” I smiled at him. We were sitting in Gee’s room and it was a sunny day, thought you couldn’t tell from the black curtains covering the windows.
“So…” He paused awkwardly, “Why do I get the feeling you’re hiding something from me?” he finished, watching me carefully for my reaction.
My insides twisted into knots. Could I tell him this though? I guess I was gonna have to someday…
“Gee…It’s just…I think…I think I’m gay…” My voice came out barely a whisper.
Gee looked at me, his normal smile still in place.
“Sorry Frankie I didn’t hear you. What did you say?” He said.
“Oh…nothing…nothing’s wrong…”


Flashback from the party
“It’s…y-our g-go Mikkkeeeyyy!” I giggled, so drunk I could hardly speak.
Mikey giggled too.
“Okay…w-well whoever this l-lands on has to make out with…with GEEEE!” He slurred.
As the bottle span faster and faster I laughed more and more, each spiral mixing with my drunken mind. The bottle had stopped. It must’ve stopped. So it must’ve been pointing at me! I tried to pinpoint where the bottle was through my hazy eyes, but all I could make out was a blur. It was probably pointing to me wasn’t it?
I launched myself onto Gee without bothering to say anything, and I felt his fall back in surprise. As his tongue slipped between my lips I drifted slowly off into a deep, warm sleep…sleeepppp.
And it was only the next morning I learnt the bottle had actually been pointing at Ray…

[end of flashbacks]


We sat there for a moment.
“Frankie?” Gee whispered after what seemed like eternity.
I looked up into his deep hazel eyes and felt myself being pulled into a huge hug.
“I…I don’t think I was ready” I murmured, “Not…not for what we did in the…I mean when I came in…and you…and we…” I trailed off.
“Frankie…it’s okay…I’m sorry…It was my fault…”
“I just….”
“Frankie…want to start again?” He murmured.
I looked up into those eyes for the second time. So much love. So much trust.
“Yes….I think I would. But Gee…?”
“Yeah baby?”
“I think…I think…I think I love you…”