The Sharpest Lives

Chapter 5 - By Polly

GEE’S POV

I saw the beautiful smile quiver on his lips, his eyes full of breathless hope.
“I love you too Frankie. You don’t know how much…but I do…I swear it…”
The ear-splitting grin that plastered his pale face was enough to send a shiver down my spine as my eyes were filled with the kind of shining happiness a smile couldn’t portray.

Gently as I could without torturing myself, I bent towards him, capturing his soft mouth on mine in an innocent kiss. No intentions, Just simple, beautiful love.
I was falling so fast. But I knew it, felt it. I had loved him for so long, so ashamed of what he would think, so afraid of what he would say.

And now I knew. The thing that had been hanging over me, killing me for months was now the thing that could send shivers down my spine, the thing that sent me into a dreamlike sense of amazement.

Slowly he looked up, his dark lashes brushing my cheek as he pulled my face towards him. I received his kiss, and as my lips crashed onto his, I felt him moan slightly. Smiling softly into the kiss, I trailed a finger down the curve of his back bone and he shuddered.

Suddenly he broke from the kiss. I watched him, concern on my face. Had I gone too far? What had I done?
“What’s wrong? What did I do Frankie?” I whispered, afraid he would say he couldn’t do this, not with me.
“I...I…why Gee?” He said slowly, tears in his eyes.
“I’m...sorry…I…I’m sorry Frankie. I shouldn’t have done that, I…” slowly I turned away, trying to conceal the hurt in my eyes.
“No! I don’t mean that! Why…Why do you love me…?”
I spun back around, amazed.
“What?” I gasped.
“Why do you love me?”
“Frankie. Think about it…You’re the only one that understands me. You are always there for me, no matter what! However many times I mess it up, I always come crawling back, but you’re the only one who’s always there, always willing to forgive me, always trying to clear up the mess I’ve made. You trust me with you’re life and I know I can trust you with mine. You always put other before you’re self.
And you don’t need anyone. I always need my fans there or my band mates by my side. I always need you there holding my hand when the going gets tough. I can’t face it on my own. I need people surrounding me, to make me feel like I’m needed. Surrounding myself with fans makes me feel like I'm not going through it alone.
But you? You’re different. You don’t care about what other people think. You’re your own person and everyone loves you for it. You don’t need anyone there”

Frankie stared at me, opened mouthed. After a while, a small smile crept onto his face.
“Gee?” he whispered.
I looked up at him.
“Yes?” I murmured, worried I’d said something wrong again.
“You were wrong. I do need someone…I need you…” And with that he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a huge hug. One of the tears that had been glittering in his hazel orbs leaked down onto his cheek, leaving a watery black eyeliner track on his porcelain skin. I lifted up a finger to wipe it away, and felt him sink into my arms, head on my beating chest.

The door opened and in walked Bob.
He stared at us.
“What…it’s just an embrace! It’s not like we’re making out or anything! You can stop gawping now! And you could’ve knocked!” I stuttered, the word tumbling out of my mouth in an awkward and rushed order.
“Uh…Okay…well I just came in to get my drumsticks…the spares? I lost my others. Then I’m going to bed…I’m exhausted….”
“Bed…yeah….so you’re going to lie in your bunk, the one which is clearly labeled “BOB”, right?” Frankie said a hint of a smile on his gorgeous face.
“Rigghhhttt…” Bob eyed us suspiciously, “Well…I’m gonna go now…” He backed out of the room.

After he had left, Frankie and I doubled up with silent laughter.
“Hmm….time to get Jazz I think…” I giggled.