Status: Active

Everyone Hates a Tag-Along

And the Journey Begins

I woke up to the annoying beeping of my alarm clock. I dragged myself out of bed and quickly took a shower and slipped into an old pair of skinny jeans, a comfy t-shirt, and my converse. I looked at the clock and I had thirty minutes before Matt would be here to pick me up. I made sure I had all my bags and stuff by the front door. I then sat down and found something wrapped in purple paper with a note on top of it. The note said
Dear Sam,
I thought you might get bored and so I wanted to give you this. I know you used to do those word drawings and I thought you might want to get back into it, I’m sure you will have fun.
Love Mother
P.S. This is an early birthday present since I won’t be there.
I ripped off the wrapping and found a notebook with a picture of me and my mom when we had that photo shoot. I tucked it safely into my backpack. I had never been one for extravagant birthday parties; usually it consisted of me and my mom having a girl’s night with a movie and pizza. I hoped that Matt would not remember my birthday because I knew he would go to extreme lengths with a party of some sort, and I didn’t want that.
When I heard the door bell ring I shuttered because I knew the time had come. Mom had told me that we were flying to Pennsylvania and then getting on the out tour bus and going the rest of the way on it. I went to the door, and when I open it, there was strange man who looked to be about the same age as Matt there. “Hi, I’m Evan, Matt’s on the phone with the other guys so I’ll help you get your stuff” he said cheerfully. He came in and got my suitcase and walked outside with it. I slipped on my jacket and flipped the hood up; grabbed my backpack and locked the door. Walking down the driveway, I felt something pulling me back to the safety of the house. When I got to the van Matt was in the front seat practically yelling into the phone telling someone on the other end that they better be ready or else. He hung up and looked back at me “You got everything?” he asked. “Yes mother I do” I said sarcastically.
“So I have to ask one question about her, can we cuss around her?” Even said softly, but loud enough where I could hear it. “Yes you can cuss around me, what am I, seven?” I said. Evan looked relieved to hear my answer. It was about a thirty minute drive to the next house. When we arrived two guys came bounding out of the house. I assumed from Matt’s description that they were Zack and Rian. I was in the back of the van and wasn’t noticed by the guys. Rian and Zack threw their bags back and they landed on top of me. “Hey! There is a person back here who would like to stay three dimensional” I said as I shoved the bags up to the front. “Oh shit I’m sorry I didn’t know you were back there; I’m Rian by the way and you are?” he said. “Sam” I said bluntly then put my earphones back in and blasted Blink-182 as loud as I could. I noticed that Zack did not look at all happy to have me on the tour. “Well join the club” I thought to myself.
The next house was a medium sized red brick house. Matt got out and went into the house. “So are you excited for this tour; it’s not every day you get to go on tour with a band” Rian said enthusiastically. Even though I usually don’t like over enthusiastic people, I knew he was just trying to be nice. “Yeah, I guess” I said trying not to sound annoyed. About five minutes later Matt was dragging two guys by their jackets to the car. They both got into the van. “Hi! I’m Alex, you must be Samantha. This is Jack he is my boyfriend, umm I mean friend that is a boy.” he said sounding really nervous. “It’s alright I am not a sheltered child, and it’s just Sam not Samantha” I said taking note how cute they were together. “Yeah, and we can cuss around her!” said Evan excitedly. I noticed that Jack kept staring at me and then looking at Matt. He then reached out and grabbed some of my hair and was examining it. “You look nothing like your older brother; are you sure that you’re related?” he said. “I’m pretty sure Matt wouldn’t be bringing along some random girl” Rian said. “Alright does everybody have everything? Good because we can’t go back anyway we are late” said Matt without waiting for a response.