I Wish Forever Would Hurry up and End

Mitchell

After Jarvis was done, I decided against trying to fight with him. I smiled, apologized, said I was sorry and I deserved it. He seemed satisfied, and after I convinced him my parents were on their way home, he kissed me hard and sloppily on the lips, then left. I waited until I saw his car pull out before I let out a scream that shook the house.

Minutes later, my phone buzzed and I saw Mitch's name appear.

"wut the hell was that? r u ok? im coming over."

I actually chuckled softly. I couldn't believe he heard that. Only moments later, I heard pounding on the door. "Raven? You in there? If you don't open this door I'm breaking in!" I started down the stairs and quickly opened the door. Mitch rushed in, looking like a hero in a white wife-beater and baggy jeans. His abs looked amazing. Not that I was looking or anything.

"Where is he? He's hurting you. I'll kill him!"

"Mitch, he's not here. Don't worry."

After a quick sweep of the upstairs and downstairs, Mitch deemed it safe and sat down on the couch next to me. He pulled me in to a hug and touched my left cheek, where a big, purple bruise was forming. "He did this to you, didn't he?" My silence was answer enough. "This has gone on long enough Raven. He doesn't treat you right... he never has. You're not his property. You don't need him. You're strong, majestic, beautiful, powerful. Not a punching bag."

My eyes welled with tears at Mitchell's words. Not once in my entire life has a boy said those words, or anything close to them, to me. It seriously touched me. I looked Mitch right in the eyes and they flickered, the light brown coming alive, and I felt like I could see right through them. Before I even realized what was happening, we were leaning towards each other, and he kissed me so softly, so gently, so quickly, right on the lips. He pulled away quickly, not even realizing what he had done, and I saw the panic in his eyes. I felt that way for a moment too, but the way he made me feel was taking over me. So I leaned in, and I kissed him again.

The response was electrifying. When our lips were touching in that way, it was nothing like I had ever experienced with Jarvis. I didn't even realize that kisses could feel that way. Since the beginning, Jarvis had kissed me hard, hungry, and possessive, something I had always mistaken for passion. But what was going on between Mitchell and I... that was true passion. Something that my whole body reacted to, and I felt myself reaching for him, holding him, and never wanting to let him go. He was so familiar, my best friend, the one I had known for so long... and when we finally pulled apart, I could feel myself grinning.

I looked at him and saw he was smiling too. But both of our smiles quickly faded as Jarvis entered our minds simultaneously. Mitchell spoke first. "Raven... I'm sorry, I, I didn't mean to take advantage of you like that. I know that you're in love with him."

"Mitchell... I'm not in love with him. I've been wanting to get away... it's you, Mitchell. I want you."

"Raven, you're such an amazing girl." He caressed my cheek, then kissed it, ever-so-softly. I leaned in to him, breathing in his scent, then finally recognized the aching pain in my side, where my healing rib was.

"Oh, I totally forgot... I have to check my rib. I'm not sure but... it might have been re-broken. Mitchell stood up immediately and lifted me up in his strong, muscular arms. "Let's go check, shall we?" I giggled without even realizing as he carried me to the upstairs bathroom. When he set me in front of the mirror, he gingerly pulled my shirt over my head, until I was left in my lacy, pink bra.

"Sorry," he whispered seductively. "But I have to check." The bandage over my rib wasn't broken, which was a good sign. We ended with the conclusion that if it had broken again, I would be in a lot more pain then I was. I shivered slightly, standing there half-naked, and Mitchell wrapped his arms around me, leading me to my bedroom and on to my bed.

We lay there for a few minutes, him just holding me, and it felt really nice. Jarvis never did anything like that with me, if we were lying down on a bed, it was for one reason, and one reason only. But Mitchell didn't push me. He didn't even ask me. He just cuddled me, and it was amazing.

It was amazing until we heard the lock click downstairs. Mitchell immediately jumped up and I found a shirt, thinking it was my parents. But we were not prepared for who it was. "Hey babe? I think I left my cellphone here!" Jarvis' voice boomed up the stairs.

I pushed Mitchell in to the closet, and he was reluctant to go, he mouthed to me that he wanted to deal with him himself. I shook my head, and after a moment of whisper fighting, he got in to the closet. Jarvis walked in to my room just as I was shutting the door, and the first thing he said was, "Is that a different shirt? I don't like it on you, makes you look like a whore. Why did you change?"

"Oh-well-I," I stammered until finally I said, "There was some blood on my other one." Jarvis nodded without a second glance then looked around for his phone. I think it 's on the bed. Let me check... ah there we go. Ok, found it!" He gave me a hard kiss on the lips that actually hurt, then said, "See you tomorrow Ray."

The second he walked out the door, Mitchell burst out of the closet, his face contorted with anger. "He called you a whore, Raven. He abuses you, verbally and physically. I'm not just saying this because I want you for myself but... you've got to break up with him."

I lay down on my bed and patted it for him to lay beside me, and he complied immediately, wrapping me up in his arms. "I know, Mitch. But for now... could we just lie here, and I can enjoy this amazing, utterly perfect moment?