I Wish Forever Would Hurry up and End

What to Do... What to Do...

I had some serious thinking to do. Honestly, there wasn't really a choice, it was Mitchell that I wanted. But Jarvis would... I don't even know. He would kill me if I broke up with him, or something close to it. Everything felt like a fairy-tale with Mitchell. He was gorgeous, and sweet, and he would never harm me. But Jarvis... I know what he did to me was terrible. And I had so many mixed feelings about him. Some moments, I hated him, but others, he was my baby. And we had created something special. Could I just give that all up for Mitch, my best friend of 16 years?

Yes. Yes I could.

The next day when I went back to school, I walked in on Mitchell's arm. He supported me, since my walking was still bad, and crutches were suggested, though I refused. When we got to my locker, Jarvis was there waiting, with a scowl on his face. I had decided to break up with him in a public place so he couldn't hit me, and school seemed to be the best place, especially with Mitch there to back me up.

Jarvis was already in a horrible temper when we got there, and I'm sure Mitchell on my arm did not make him any happier. "Okay, dude, thanks for getting her here, but I can deal with her now," Jarvis snapped at Mitchell. He grabbed for my arm, but I stayed glued to Mitchell's side.

"Jarvis, we have to talk. Mitch, you can leave, but, stay close, will you?" He nodded, and I mouthed thanks before getting on tiptoe and lightly kissing him on the cheek. Jarvis' mouth dropped at this, and his face was twisted with utter rage.

"What the FUCK do you think you're doing?

"Jarvis, don't you dare talk to me like that. Especially because you and I are no longer dating."

"Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? You can't break up with me. You are mine. And I am not letting you go just so you can go fuck that Mitch kid. If he knew what a whore you were, he wouldn't like you as much."

I just stared at the boy I had liked so much. I didn't understand what had happened, how I could have been so stupid. I felt my cheek gingerly, and could feel the layers and layers of concealer caked on my face. Before Jarvis could say anything else, I grabbed a tissue out of my bag, spit on it, and rubbed the concealer off of my face as fast as I could.

"Stop it Raven. Stop it-Raven-no-don't!"

I kept rubbing, harder and harder, until all of the concealer was gone and my bruise was hurting, but clearly visible. I turned to the crowded junior hallway, where all my classmates were walking, talking, and chilling before class. I pointed to the bruise and screamed, "This is what he did to me! This is what he's done to me for months, and months! Jarvis McLaughlin is an abusive boyfriend, and if anyone finds him even mildly interesting and exciting, I urge you to give up that hope unless you want to be battered and bruised every day, and sent to the hospital for a broken rib. That's right, I didn't fall down the stairs. This son of a bitch broke my rib!" I finished off angrily, spitting out the words.

I stalked away, right in to Mitchell's open arms, leaving Jarvis just standing there, as well as every student in the hallway staring at him, some of them glaring. Mitchell pulled me in tight before walking me to my next class.