I Wish Forever Would Hurry up and End

Not Really an Ending-Just a New Beginning

"Raven?"

"Mmmm?"

"I love you."

"Love you too, baby."

"Did you check if Trisha still had a fever when she went to bed?"

"Yeah. She did, but only slightly. Should be completely gone by tomorrow."

I felt Mitchell's arm tighten around me. "Great. Then she should be back to school. Oh, and she's got show and tell tomorrow, so I guess we'll find her something in the morning?"

"Okay, super dad. While I make breakfast, you'll find her something to bring in. Sleep now?"

"I guess... if you really just want to sleep."

"Oh Mitch... you're too much for me! I'm tired. Tomorrow, I promise." He laughed, a seductive, deep, chuckle.

"Alright, alright. Whatever you want love. Good night." I curled in to him.

"I love you."

"I love you too.

I reached above my right eye, feeling the small scar from boyfriends past... one boyfriend in particular. Mitch immediately pulled my hand down. "Stop it. I know exactly what you're doing! Don't touch that scar again. It just brings back bad memories."

"I know. I just... I don't know, sometimes I think... what would have happened if it weren't for you? I wouldn't be here, we wouldn't have our beautiful daughter, I'd probably bleeding in the bathroom of some shitty motel. And it scares me."

"Ray, that was five years ago. I know it's hard, but it's time to let go. I'm here. And I'm never going to let you go."

And you know what? He never did.