Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

Chpt.10

*two months later*
"Garret, you have to pack." My mom said. Garret and I were sitting on our back porch looking at the stars. He was leaving tomorrow for college, so we tried to spend every single moment together.

"I'll be right up" Garret responded.

My mom nodded and went back into the house.

"Do you want me to help you?" I offered.

"Thanks" he said nodding.

We headed up to his room and I started takind his clothes out. All the other things were already packed, the clothes were the only things left.

We finished fast and I was sitting on his bed fLashing glances at him as he closed his suitcase.

"I have something for you" he said turning to face me.

I looked at him as he went to sit down next to me. He took out a small box and said "I saw this a couple weeks ago and I thought about you"

I opened it and saw that there was a necklace with a heart that you could open. Inside the heart was a picture of Garret and I at the beach, my favorite picture of us.

"This means you have my heart, and as long as you have this. I'll always be here." He continued.

Tears started forming in my eyes as he put the necklace around my neck. "Garret, this is so sweet. And the necklace is beautiful. Thank you" I smiled. I leaned in and out lips brushed against each other's.

"I'm going to miss you" I said.

"I'm going to miss you too" he replied. "But I'll call you every single day, and text you every second and I'll come home every chance I get"

I nodded looking down. A tear escaped my eyes and rolled down my cheek. Garret wiped away with his hand, but kept his hand there on my cheek.

"Garret, Ashley. Dinner's ready" I heard my mom scream from downstairs.

We went down and sat down at the table. Dinner was silent, as we thought about the next four years without Garret.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG 2 stars! Thank you guys so much! Sorry for the shortness of this chapter! Next one will be twice as long :D