Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

chpt.16

I heard my alarm ring and had to wake up to face reality. Today I was going home and I had to say goodbye to Garret all over again. I rolled over and saw Mike snoring in his bed.

"Mike, wake up" I screamed, throwing a pillow at him.

"Mmhmm" he mumbled. I groaned and got up to take a shower and get ready. When I was finished, I waited for Mike to get ready so that we could head to campus to say goodbye to Garret.

We got to his dorm and there he was, looking as beautiful as I had ever seen him. As soon as I saw him, I started getting teared eye. Apparently he noticed because he got up and hugged me tight. I started sobbing and he sniffed which meant he was crying too. This only made me cry harder.

"I'm going to miss you" I said.

"I'm going to miss you too. But I have something for you" he said handing me an envelope. "Don't open it until you are sitting in the plane."

I nodded and kissed his lips one last time before I had to go. I didn't mind that Mike was there so I kissed him hard and passionately.

"I love you" he whispered in my ear.

"I love you too" I said.

Mike grabbed my arm since we were already late and we headed to the airport. I got into the cab and as it started moving away, I glanced through the back window to see Garret standing with his hands in his pockets.

We got to the airport and I really didn't pay much attention to what was going on. I just followed Mike until we were sitting in row 15 on a plane taking me away from the one person that I loved.

Then I remembered the envelope that Garret had given me. I took it out of my purse and opened it.

Dear Ashley,
I've been staring at this black sheet of paper wondering what I am going to write. I guess I'm going to start by telling you that I love you. You are seriously the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know people say that just like they say hello but I really mean it. This letter is to show you how much I mean it and then you'll see how hard it is for me to say this. I remember the first time I laid eyes on you, when we were really young. I was like 2 years old and you were a newborn destined to come to this life to be with me. I know it sounds cheesy but that's really how I see it. I have always known you were the one for me. Even when I was in the stage of "girls are gross" I always thought you weren't. When my parents died and I got the news that I was going to be living with you, I actually got excited, just because I was going to be able to spend every single second with you. Part of me doesn't want to say this because I know that I will get too hurt and I know that I will hurt you, which only makes my pain more intense. Seeing you these two days made me realize how much I've missed you and it brings me back to those first two weeks when I was feeling so depressed I couldn't even get out of bed, only to go to my classes and then back. If I keep seeing you all the time then I will always be getting back to those depressed moments. That's why I'm asking you, with all the pain in my heart, not to visit me anymore. I won't visit you either, not even for the holidays or anything. The pain is just too much to bear. I seriously hope you understand and I hope someday you can forgive me. Someday, in the future I know we will get back together because we are meant to be, but just not for this period of time. I love you, so much. I know you probably don't believe me after saying that, but you have to understand that it's the truth.
Please forgive me,
Forever yours
Garret.

*Two years later*

"Ashley Benson" I heard my principal call my name. I walked over to her as I glanced at my parents clapping in the crowd. I grabbed my diploma from his hand as I thanked him and walked back to my place in the stands. I had finally graduated high school. No more school, ever.

I started to imagine my future, how was it going to be. But then I remembered I still had one more bump in the road. College. Vanderbilt University to be more exact. I know what you are thinking. Why the hell would she want to go to Vanderbilt when Garret, the guy who broke her heart is there. To tell you the truth, that is exactly why I want to go there. Apart from it being a family tradition, I want to see him. Maybe, just maybe, he still lives me. Because I sure as hell knwo I still love him.

After the ceremony had ended, I headed home to pack my things. I was heading to Nashville in less than a week and I hadn't packed anything. This was going to be one heck of a journey.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like I haven't posted in years and I'm so sorry!! I have been super duper busy bt I swear I will try to post a lot more soon. But only if you comment! Please! Oh and subscribe ;)