Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

Chpt.19

I heard someone knock on the door of my dorm room, so I finished applying mascara and opened it. "Hey, you look beautiful" Garret said.

"Thanks" I said looking at my small dress, curled hair and high heels.

"Come on let's go" he said taking my hand. I followed him out the door and to his car. We had agred to go out on a date to talk about us.

We entered the small restaurant and sat down on a table that had a great view of a lake.

"So.." Garret said.

"So"I repeated.

"Look I know this is really awkward but we had to do it. And besides, I wanted to" he said.

"I wanted too. Garret, part of me is saying to back away from you since you already hurt me once, and you hurt me really bad. But the other part of me is telling me to well keep loving you since I never stopped because of all the times we had and because of our great relationship. I just don't know which one to listen to"

"Please listen to the second one" he said with pleading eyes.

I laughed as I said "I think that one has the most possibilities but I'm not sure"

"I really hope you come back to me Ashley. I know I hurt you and by hurting you I hurt myself. I don't want you to go through that again. Sometimes I feel so stupid for hurting you and I know I am the biggest jerk alive and I'm so sorry."His voice cracked as he said this as if he was going to start crying.

"What was the real reason you did that, Garret?" I asked him. This was the question that had been on my mind for the past two years and I had to know.

"I already told you"

"That's not a good enough reason" I said.

"But its the truth." We were going to start fighting again and I didnt want that.

"Garret I don't want to fight" I said after a moment of silence.

"Me neither"

"Why don't we give this relationship another try, but you have to promise me something" I said.

"Anything, whatever you want is yours"

"I want you to promise me that you won't break mt heart again. I give it to you right now so it's in your hands. Take good care of it and if something, anything, happens to it we are done ok?" I didn't want to sound harsh but that was the only way he understood.

"Yes, I understand perfectly. Don't worry Ashley I love you, I don't want to hurt you anymore." He said smiling.

I smiled back and we continued with our date. The awkwardness had gone away and now only love was left. Even though he did break my heart I love him more than life itself. This is all happening really fast and I don't know who things are going to turn out though. All dinner I stared at his eyes. Before I had said that we should give us another try, his eyes were vacant somehow. Like he didn't show any expression at all. But now they were full of life. Full of the beautiful Garret I knew. I'm thinking he could be the one, but I don't want to rush things anymore than they already are. I need help to clear my thoughts, and I know the perfect person who can help me.