Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

Chpt.23

Chpt.23
*Ashley's POV*
These days are so much better with Garret by my side. I finally alive, kind of. Like without him I wasn't complete at all. I know it's cheesy but he really did have half of my heart. And now he has it all, but I feel complete, even though I don't have a huge part of me.

It has been two months since I came to Vanderbilt and today's my birthday. Mike and Courtney were supposed to come visit, but apparently something came up so they couldn't come. Garret said he had a surprise for me, so I have no idea what I'm doing today.

I went to my morning classes and went back to my dorm. I found a note on my bed that said "Follow the posters that have a heart on them". I went out of my room to find a poster that had not been there when I came in. I followed them downstairs and out of my dorm. There was another note on the door. It said "Now follow the rose pedals (roses since they are your favorite flower)". I looked down and saw a whole path made of rose pedals. I followed them feeling like a princess. I finally got to the college theater and saw another note on the door. "Pick any seat (preferably the one that has your name on it), and enjoy the show". I chuckled a little and found the seat that had my name, up front and in the middle. Suddenly a light went on in the center of the stage. My favorite song, I must be dreaming by The Maine, started playing and someone's voice that wasn't the one from The Maine started singing. Garret came out onto the spotlight with a microphone in his hand and was singing. I had no idea he could sing this good.

"And I think she's pretty.
But pretty's just part of the things she does that amaze me.
And she calls me sweetheart.
I love it when she wakes me when it's still dark.
And she watches the sun,
But she's the only one I have my eyes on.

Tell me that you love me and it'll be alright.
Are you thinking of me?
Just come with me tonight.
You know I need you.
Just like you need me.
Can't stop, won't stop, I must be dreaming.
Can't stop, won't stop, I must be dreaming." He sang and to my huge surprise, another voice started singing with him. Suddenly I saw two faces I hadn't seen in a long time. Mike and Courtney were singing with Garret and they were so good. I never would've thought they would do this.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT! Thank you guYs so much! I have about 39 subscribers! That is unbelievable!