Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

chpt.31

Life with Garret has been amazing. The wedding was exactly one year ago and now I'm pregnant with out first child. I'm five months pregnant and we have the doctor's appointment today to see the sex of the baby.

"Are you nervous?" Garret asked me.

"Yeah. Aren't you?"

"Kind of. But mostly I'm excited" he said.

I smiled and we got out of the car to go to the clinic. Garret told my name to the secretary and they let us in five minutes later.

"Okay please lay down on this bed." The nurse said.

I nodded and layed down. She pulled my shirt up and put some gel on my once flat, now inflated stomach. It was really cold and I shivered throughout the whole gel putting thing.

"The doctor will be right with you" she said as she got up to leave the room.

"Thank you" Garret and I said at the same time.

"Here it goes" Garret said as soon as she left the room.

Five minutes later, there was a knock on the door. After I said come in, the door opened to reveal the doctor. To my huge surprise I already knew this doctor, but I never had wanted to see him again.

"Kevin?" I said as he walked into the room.

"Hello Ashley. Garret." He said with a straight face. It looks like he already knew who we were before he came in.

"You are her doctor?" Garret said, spitting the words.

"Now I am. Dr. Garner, the one that had been looking at you before, got really sick and unfortunately passed away last week." He explained.

"How didn't I know of this?"

"I wanted this re encounter to be a surprise. So I told the nurse not to tell you about it."

I made a disgusted sound with the same look on my face as he came over to me to do the ultrasound. A few seconds after he started, I forgot all about Kevin and focused on my baby in the screen.

"That's our baby, Garret" I said to him.

He nodded as he had tears in his eyes. This made me choke up a bit myself.

"It looks like its a boy" he said after a while of searching my stomach.

I glanced over at Garret and he had a huge smile on his face, mirroring mine.

"A boy" I whispered.

"You can go now. Just clean up the gel and head out the door" Kevin said, trying to ruin my mood. Well I wasn't going to let him.

"Thank you Kevin. It was nice seeing you again."

I cleaned up the gel and headed out the door, hand in hand with Garret. We went to celebrate with the whole family and that weird but amazing day ended.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry I haven't updated in so long! But I swear I haven't been able to! I will try to update more frequently I swear!
Show some love :)
COMMENT
Loveyah!