Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

chpt.4

"Ashley" he said drunkenly.

"What to you want Carter?" I asked rudely to my ex.

"What are you doing here?" His eyes started to go down from my face.

I lifted his face with my hand. If he wasn't drunk, I would've slapped him hard, but he is so only I'd he does it again.

"I came with a friend. What do you care?"

And there it goes again, the eyes drifting downward. I slapped him with all my might making him scream "OW! What was that for?"

"For staring down my dress" I saw some people staring at us.

"Ash, are you ok? What did he do to you?" I heard someone say. I turned around to find Garret there with a straight face and daring eyes looking straight at Carter. His back was stiff and I could see his loose hands ready to punch.

"Yeah I'm fine. Let's just get away from him" I said.

Once we were outside Garret asked "What was that about. I was talking to Courtney when all of the sudden I turned around looking for you and you got your hand on Carter's face."

"He was just staring down my dress" I chuckled. "I've been actually wanting to do that since we broke up, so this gave me an excuse to do so"

He smirked and we continued walking through the neighborhood. It was a lightly lit street with every house looking exactly the same way.

"Ash, I need to tell you something."

My heart started pounding, my mouth went dry and my palms got sweaty. Normally I would've been completely normal and said "shoot". But this was no normal day. This was the day that I realized I did like Garret, as more than just a friendly brother.

"W-what is it?" I asked. Really? I had to stutter?

"Um, I got accepted to Vanderbilt"

I did not see that coming."Wait, what?" I asked. He was going away. His graduation was in less than two months, and then it is goodbye?

"Yeah. And I decided to go. I haven't told your parents yet, or even Mike. I decided you were going to be the first to know"

"When do you leave?" I could hear the crack in my voice. A tear started rolling down my cheek.

"In two months. Oh, Ash don't cry" he said wiping the tear away from my face, but keeping his hand there on my cheek.

"But you're leaving. When will I see you again?"

"Don't worry. I'll come back every holiday and besides, I'm just four hours away."

I could feel more tears making their way through my eyes. He was leaving and now I could never be with him.

"Why are you crying? Come here" he hugged me and I hugged him back. He pulled his face backward but didn't let me go. I could see him staring at my lips and I can't say I wasn't staring at his.

I started to lean in and I saw that he did the same. The moment our lips met, I could feel the sparks like fireworks. I thought that only excited in movies or books, but now I know that its true.

He started to kiss me harder, more passionately and I kissed him back with the same force. I pulled away a second to breath and I regretted it the second I did.

He let go of me but didn't take his eyes off of mine. Both of us were in shock, and without a word, we started making our way back to the party.