Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

Chpt.6

The next day was Saturday, so I slept in. When I woke up, I realized the Courtney was nowhere to be found. I picked up my phone to call her and saw that I had a text from her saying

-Ash! Sorry I bailed! I had to come to my house to do something. But tell me if something happens between u & u know who :) Loveyah!

A sign of relief washed over my face. I went to the bathroom and saw that I was a huge mess. My hair was all over the place and some makeup from yesterday had smeared down my face.

I took a shower and put on some black skinny jeans, chuck taylors and a red The Maine tee shirt.

I went downstairs and started making breakfast when I heard someone come in the kitchen.

"'Morning" Garret said groggily. He scratched the back of his messy head. He was still in his pajamas.

"Hey. Want something to eat?" I asked.

"What are you having?"

"Chocolate pancakes" I smiled as I mentioned my favorite food.

"With chocolate chips?" His face lit up.

"You know it"

"Mm can you make me some?" He asked while making a puppy dog face.

"Sure" I chuckled.

I finished making the pancakes and sat down on the table with him. I poured him some orange juice and poured myself apple juice, since I don't like orange juice. He grabbed three pancakes and I grabbed two.

"Cheers" he smiled holding his glass towards me.

I did the same and we started eating. The conversation was normal, and nothing felt awkward, until my brother came in.

"Hey lovebirds" he smirked, heading towards the fridge.

"What are you talking about" Garret asked taking a sip of his juice.

"Oh please don't act like you don't know. I saw you two making out at the party yesterday."

I felt my eyes go wide and all the blood rush to my cheeks. Garret acted as if nothing had happened.

"So?" He asked taking a bite of his pancake. "This is really good, by the way" he added to me.

I smiled and turned my head down. Everything he said now made me blush or feel embarrassed.

"Just forget everything. What are you guys doing later?" Mike said.

"I had nothing planned" I told him.

"Me neither" Garret said with his mouth full.

"Want to go see a movie? I heard there's this new one about aliens that conquer the world and eat all the humans remaining on earth"

I made a disgusted face and said "I think I'll pass"

"No wait. Can't we go see another movie today? So that Ashley comes? We can go see that one another day" Garret told Mike.

"Um I guess. What do you want to see?"

"Well I'm not going to make you watch chick flicks so how about that new comedy about the really dumb guy?" I proposed.

"Oh that one looks really good" Garret and Mike said at the same time.

"So I'll take that as a yes." I said taking the last bite of my breakfast.