Status: This is only active if you comment!:D

My brother's best friend

Chpt.7

We headed to the movies at noon, since the movie started at 1:00. We went inside the movies, bought our tickets and popcorn and got into the theater.

Mike sat to my left and Garret to my right. We waited in silence for the movie to start. Or at least I did since Mike was telling Garret specifics about his make out with Lindsay yesterday. Not something I wanted to hear, so I drowned his voice away from my head. I started daydreaming about Garret and I when I realized the movie had already started.

Fifteen minutes later, Mike got a text from Lindsay telling him to meet him god knows where. He hurriedly got up and went to that place, leaving Garret and I alone, all the way in the back, in a movie theater.

Let me tell you, it was a little awkward sitting next to him. Especially with only one arm rest separating us.

"Ash, we should talk about the kiss yesterday" I barely heard him whisper.

My heart started beating really heart. I couldn't look at him so with my eyes locked on the screen I said "What's there to talk about? Was it even real?" I know I sounded harsh, but after he acted indifferent when Mike confronted us, I kind of wanted to sound mean.

"Of course it was real Ashley. If not, I wouldn't have kissed you. I'm not that kind of guy"

"I know you aren't. But you know I've been hurt before. I just don't want that to happen again."

"Ashley, I would never hurt you."

I looked at him and I could see it in his eyes that he meant it.

"Okay. I believe you" I said.

He smiled and started to lean in. It took all my willpower to stop him and say "Garret, you have no idea how much I want to kiss you. But I need to take it slow. And I need some time to think"

"I thought you believed me" I could feel the hurt in his voice and that hurt me.

"And I do. But you're leaving soon"
"Okay. Whatever you want, I'm fine with it."

We both smiled at each other and I turned my head to the screen. I felt him intertwine his fingers with mine and we stayed like that for the rest of the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to thank EnveousLover so much for commenting! THANK YOU! It means a lot! But can other people follow her example ;) thank you so much for reading it! It really makes me so happy!